How to get Printer Serial Number ?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
February 18, 2005 5:11:44 PM

Hello

I'm making an inventory soft and i would like te get the serial
numbers of printers...

I have search a mean or a tool which permit to get this serial number
but i have found nothing on the net...

So, does someone know how i can get this serial number ?

Thanks.

F.P.

More about : printer serial number

Anonymous
February 19, 2005 3:44:30 AM

"Frantz" <f.priou@free.fr> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> I'm making an inventory soft and i would like te get the serial
> numbers of printers...
>
> I have search a mean or a tool which permit to get this serial number
> but i have found nothing on the net...
>
> So, does someone know how i can get this serial number ?
>
> Thanks.
>
> F.P.

Look on the back of the printer where its normaly wrote or stamped on a
plate?
Anonymous
February 19, 2005 4:43:35 AM

On 18 Feb 2005 14:11:44 -0800, f.priou@free.fr (Frantz) wrote:

>Hello
>
>I'm making an inventory soft and i would like te get the serial
>numbers of printers...
>
>I have search a mean or a tool which permit to get this serial number
>but i have found nothing on the net...
>
>So, does someone know how i can get this serial number ?
>
>Thanks.

Pick up the printer. Look at the back or underneath. Find serial
number. Write down serial number. It helps if someone else writes down
the serial number otherwise you'll drop the printer when you try to
write the number down. ...

--

Hecate - The Real One
Hecate@newsguy.com

Hecate <hecate@newsguy.com> wrote in message news:<ob6d119mfro7gtl8mkr6vjkt6rtddbng54@4ax.com>...
> On 18 Feb 2005 14:11:44 -0800, f.priou@free.fr (Frantz) wrote:
>
> >Hello
> >
> >I'm making an inventory soft and i would like te get the serial
> >numbers of printers...
> >
> >I have search a mean or a tool which permit to get this serial number
> >but i have found nothing on the net...
> >
> >So, does someone know how i can get this serial number ?
> >
> >Thanks.
> >
> Pick up the printer. Look at the back or underneath. Find serial
> number. Write down serial number. It helps if someone else writes down
> the serial number otherwise you'll drop the printer when you try to
> write the number down. ...
>
> --
>
> Hecate - The Real One
> Hecate@newsguy.com
> veni, vidi, reliqui

Hi..

No i'm trying to get this information automatically via the network
and with the inventory soft i'm creating...

So i want to get this serial number by the system windows....

Thanks for the answers...
Anonymous
February 20, 2005 5:59:03 PM

On 20-Feb-2005, f.priou@free.fr (Frantz) wrote:

> > >I'm making an inventory soft and i would like te get the serial
> > >numbers of printers...
> > >
> > >I have search a mean or a tool which permit to get this serial number
> > >but i have found nothing on the net...

Looking at the eeprom listing I can't see any locations for serial
number, so I guess that they aren't stored in the printers memory.
I doubt that they would produce individual chips with different
serial numbers for each printer, they probably just stick a label on
so they can identify the batch and date of production.

NOW has anyone the Epson service utilities listed in the
component level repair manuals, the manuals with the schematics,
waveforms, and component listings? These will talk to the eeproms
and allow full setup for things like head skew and so on after a rebuild.
February 20, 2005 9:48:05 PM

On 20 Feb 2005 06:20:09 -0800, f.priou@free.fr (Frantz) wrote:

>> Pick up the printer. Look at the back or underneath. Find serial
>> number. Write down serial number. It helps if someone else writes down
>> the serial number otherwise you'll drop the printer when you try to
>> write the number down. ...
>>
>> --
>>
>> Hecate - The Real One
>> Hecate@newsguy.com
>> veni, vidi, reliqui
>
>Hi..
>
>No i'm trying to get this information automatically via the network
>and with the inventory soft i'm creating...
>
>So i want to get this serial number by the system windows....

Keep trying.
Personally, I'd do what he suggested and type in the number.
However if you are a civil servant with all the time in the world and all the
taxpayers' money, wait till a solution is found or until you retire, whichever
comes first.
Anonymous
February 21, 2005 4:29:06 AM

On 20 Feb 2005 06:20:09 -0800, f.priou@free.fr (Frantz) wrote:

>Hi..
>
>No i'm trying to get this information automatically via the network
>and with the inventory soft i'm creating...
>
>So i want to get this serial number by the system windows....
>
>Thanks for the answers...

Then you're going to be waiting for a long time. Hell freezes over
springs to mind...

--

Hecate - The Real One
Hecate@newsguy.com

Frantz wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm making an inventory soft and i would like te get the serial
> numbers of printers...
>
> I have search a mean or a tool which permit to get this serial number
> but i have found nothing on the net...
>
> So, does someone know how i can get this serial number ?
>
> Thanks.
>
> F.P.
HP puts them in the registry.
!