PROBLEM IN JPEG ATTACHEMENT

krish

HELLO
I AM USING WINDOWS 98 AND FOR SENDING EMAIL I USE OE6 - I HAVE A HP SCANNER
WHERE I SCAN MY DOCUMNTS AND SAVE IN DESKTOP AS JPEG FORMAT AND THEN WILL
ATTACH THE SAME TO SEND TO MY CLIENTS.

LAST 2 WEEKS BACK I REFORMATED MY SYSTEM AND AFTER THAT WHATEVER JPEG FILES
I ATTACH IT IS NOT GOING AS ATTACMENT-BUT EMBEDDED IN THE MESSAGE ITSELF
(Iie., IN THE BODY OF THE MESSAGE IT IS SCANNED) -

AFTER SENDING THE MAIL IF I GO TO MY SENT ITEMS - THE FILE NAME for eg
test.jpeg BECOMES A DEFAULT FILE - THAT MEANS I CANNOT OPEN THAT.

I CHECKED WITH HP - THEY SAY TO CHECK WITH U- PLS GIVE A CLEAR AND DETAILED
REPLY AS I AM NOT A TECHNICAL PROFESSIONAL.
TKS/RGDS

1. Please stop using ALL CAPS in your messages. It's seen as SHOUTING, and
it's hard to read.

2. What method are you using to attach the files? Please describe what you
do, step by step.

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS-MVP Shell/User

"KRISH" <KRISH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> HELLO
> I AM USING WINDOWS 98 AND FOR SENDING EMAIL I USE OE6 - I HAVE A HP
> SCANNER
> WHERE I SCAN MY DOCUMNTS AND SAVE IN DESKTOP AS JPEG FORMAT AND THEN WILL
> ATTACH THE SAME TO SEND TO MY CLIENTS.
>
> LAST 2 WEEKS BACK I REFORMATED MY SYSTEM AND AFTER THAT WHATEVER JPEG
> FILES
> I ATTACH IT IS NOT GOING AS ATTACMENT-BUT EMBEDDED IN THE MESSAGE ITSELF
> (Iie., IN THE BODY OF THE MESSAGE IT IS SCANNED) -
>
> AFTER SENDING THE MAIL IF I GO TO MY SENT ITEMS - THE FILE NAME for eg
> test.jpeg BECOMES A DEFAULT FILE - THAT MEANS I CANNOT OPEN THAT.
>
> I CHECKED WITH HP - THEY SAY TO CHECK WITH U- PLS GIVE A CLEAR AND
> DETAILED
> REPLY AS I AM NOT A TECHNICAL PROFESSIONAL.
> TKS/RGDS

krish

hello Gary S.TERHUNE
Weither it is written in caps or not - my question is clear & still can b
understood- expecting clarification/reply rather than unwarranted
question/comment.
tks.

"Gary S. Terhune" wrote:

> 1. Please stop using ALL CAPS in your messages. It's seen as SHOUTING, and
> it's hard to read.
>
> 2. What method are you using to attach the files? Please describe what you
> do, step by step.
>
> --
> Gary S. Terhune
> MS-MVP Shell/User
>
> "KRISH" <KRISH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > HELLO
> > I AM USING WINDOWS 98 AND FOR SENDING EMAIL I USE OE6 - I HAVE A HP
> > SCANNER
> > WHERE I SCAN MY DOCUMNTS AND SAVE IN DESKTOP AS JPEG FORMAT AND THEN WILL
> > ATTACH THE SAME TO SEND TO MY CLIENTS.
> >
> > LAST 2 WEEKS BACK I REFORMATED MY SYSTEM AND AFTER THAT WHATEVER JPEG
> > FILES
> > I ATTACH IT IS NOT GOING AS ATTACMENT-BUT EMBEDDED IN THE MESSAGE ITSELF
> > (Iie., IN THE BODY OF THE MESSAGE IT IS SCANNED) -
> >
> > AFTER SENDING THE MAIL IF I GO TO MY SENT ITEMS - THE FILE NAME for eg
> > test.jpeg BECOMES A DEFAULT FILE - THAT MEANS I CANNOT OPEN THAT.
> >
> > I CHECKED WITH HP - THEY SAY TO CHECK WITH U- PLS GIVE A CLEAR AND
> > DETAILED
> > REPLY AS I AM NOT A TECHNICAL PROFESSIONAL.
> > TKS/RGDS

I simply started out with a suggestion that makes life easier for all, one
that is not only warranted but also repeated in this forum on a regular
basis. It's a matter of common courtesy.

I then continued with a request for clarification from you, some information
that would help us figure out what your problem is. You have failed to
respond to that request for clarification. I can only assume that your petty
defensiveness extends to the point of refusing my help. OK, bye.

--

KRISH wrote:
> hello Gary S.TERHUNE
> Weither it is written in caps or not - my question is clear & still
> can b understood- expecting clarification/reply rather than
> unwarranted question/comment.
> tks.

My best advice is to go post your problem somewhere else. After the
snitty reply above you aren't likely to get much help here. Both the
question and comment were definitely warranted.

--
dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Could be... "OE, Tools menu, Options, Read tab", & uncheck "Read all
messages in plain text"... will cure you. Or, it could be... at the
Security tab... uncheck "Do not allow attachments...".

However, doing either (as I have done off/on) will entail a measure of
risk.

--
Thanks or Good Luck,
There may be humor in this post, and,
"KRISH" <KRISH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| HELLO
| I AM USING WINDOWS 98 AND FOR SENDING EMAIL I USE OE6 - I HAVE A HP
SCANNER
| WHERE I SCAN MY DOCUMNTS AND SAVE IN DESKTOP AS JPEG FORMAT AND THEN
WILL
| ATTACH THE SAME TO SEND TO MY CLIENTS.
|
| LAST 2 WEEKS BACK I REFORMATED MY SYSTEM AND AFTER THAT WHATEVER JPEG
FILES
| I ATTACH IT IS NOT GOING AS ATTACMENT-BUT EMBEDDED IN THE MESSAGE
ITSELF
| (Iie., IN THE BODY OF THE MESSAGE IT IS SCANNED) -
|
| AFTER SENDING THE MAIL IF I GO TO MY SENT ITEMS - THE FILE NAME for eg
| test.jpeg BECOMES A DEFAULT FILE - THAT MEANS I CANNOT OPEN THAT.
|
| I CHECKED WITH HP - THEY SAY TO CHECK WITH U- PLS GIVE A CLEAR AND
DETAILED
| REPLY AS I AM NOT A TECHNICAL PROFESSIONAL.
| TKS/RGDS

Your question is certainly clearer since you stopped shouting, but the
request is still valid. There are several ways that you can attach an image
file to an e-mail message, and they can have different results. What method
are you using to attach the image file to the e-mail message? What happens
if you use a different method of attaching the image file to the e-mail
message? Does the problem occur if you attach a different image file type
(such as a BMP) to an e-mail message? Does the problem still occur if you
send an e-mail message with an image file attached that you have created in
some different process (eg, downloaded from the www) and/or stored in a
different place? Does the problem occur for all recipients, or only some?
How many recipients have you tested it with? Have you tested it by sending
yourself an e-mail message with an image file attached? Have you tested it
by getting someone else to send an e-mail message to your recipient who is
reporting the problem with an image file attached? Have you examined the
image file that you have created on the desktop and does it seem to be the
same as your other image files - can you open it to view, or print it, etc?
Why did you reformat and re-install the system and are you sure you have
fixed whatever problem caused you to do a re-install?
--
Jeff Richards
MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)