Old ISP name in the blue title bar

How do I get rid of an obsolete ISP name in the blue title bar at the
top of the screen? It is a bloody cheek but many ISPs take it over
with "Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by ......"

I got as far as 'main' and that is as far as you can go, there is no
further expansion to the tree.

pullgees@yahoo.com wrote:
> How do I get rid of an obsolete ISP name in the blue title bar at the
> top of the screen? It is a bloody cheek but many ISPs take it over
> with "Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by ......"

To Remove a Custom Internet Explorer Window Title...
Using Registry Editor, delete the following value in the registry:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Window
Title
When you delete this value, "Microsoft Internet Explorer" becomes the
default window title

o add your own...
Using Registry Editor, add the String value Window Title to the
following key in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main
The data value is the title you want to appear on the Internet Explorer
window.

--
dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

I did that as well "Window title" is not there.

> I got as far as 'main' and that is as far as you can go, there is no
> further expansion to the tree.

Look in the right pane of regedit to see "Window Title"

I have it in two keys. The one already mentioned, & in this one...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main
Window Title "Microsoft Internet Explorer" <<STRING value

If that doesn't do it, perhaps search the Registry for that ISP name, &
report what you see.

--
Thanks or Good Luck,
There may be humor in this post, and,
<pullgees@yahoo.com> wrote in message
| I did that as well "Window title" is not there.

I did a search for "window title" in the editor and found it, deleted
it and am now back to the original default. Thank you one and all.

You could add up something else if you wish
like

Window Title
Microsoft Internet Explorer SetUp by Pullgees.
or any title you wish.

I did a search for "window title" in the editor and found it, deleted
it and am now back to the original default. Thank you one and all.

> Microsoft Internet Explorer SetUp by Pullgees.

Or, "Microsoft Internet Explorer SetUp by Pullgees previously provided by
<old_isp>"
:)

You are welcome. Try, uhhhh... "Microsoft Internet Explorer -- title
cleaned up by those others & PCR".