Hi All. The company I work for are investigating Voice over IP Solutions to
implemnet shortly. I know of the 3com and Cisco Solutions, etc and the
generic NEC, Ericsson solutions, but are there any others out there worth
looking at? Are there any sites that give a brief outline of features and
reviews etc??

Any comments welcomed.

Regards,
Shane

Go to <http://www.mitel.com/resources/press_pcmag_voip.pdf>

In the article PC Mag did a nice explanation and overview of all VOIP
systems in general and a thorough review of the MITEL 3300 VOIP system,
giving it very favorable marks. My employer uses several of the MITEL 3300
systems and we too are most pleased. It does exactly what MITEL said it
would do and there have been no issues or unpleasant surprises. Nice
product!! Computer retailer CompUSA recently installed a nationwide
network of MITEL 3300s, one in every store across the USA, all networked
together via IP.

The system PC Mag reviewed was running release 3.3 of the system software,
which has undergone major changes and improvements since the article was
written. The latest release O/S for the MITEL 3300 is version 5.1.4.8

By the way, if you're looking for a VOIP system that **IS NOT** Windows
Server based, look no further.

In article <1a5b9fd4.0411061339.3ed1b8eb@posting.google.com>
robparker999@hotmail.com (Rob Parker) writes:

>"Shane Malden" <shane@nedlam.com> wrote in message news:<BP1id.9222$K7.7060@news-server.bigpond.net.au>...
>> Hi All. The company I work for are investigating Voice over IP Solutions to
>> implemnet shortly. I know of the 3com and Cisco Solutions, etc and the
>> generic NEC, Ericsson solutions, but are there any others out there worth
>> looking at? Are there any sites that give a brief outline of features and
>> reviews etc??
>>
>> Any comments welcomed.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Shane
>
>Look on TelecomsTrader -
>
>http://www.TelecomsTrader.com
>
>Rob

Take a look at Nortel and Avaya VoIP solutions - The are the two biggest
telecom providers in the world.

In article <2HNkd.3153$oo1.2177@news02.roc.ny> "Nortec in MN"
<Nortel@Frontier-deletethistoreply-Net.net> writes:

>Take a look at Nortel and Avaya VoIP solutions - The are the two biggest
>telecom providers in the world.

I would agree that Avaya is one to put on your "short list" but Nortel has
doing substantial downsizing and has had some recent (and serious)
financial problems. Nortel's voip systems are also (IMO) a little 'ho-hum'
in the features department. Believe I'd pass.

I would suggest adding MITEL to your short list of systems to consider.

NASA was said to be in final negotiations for a 15,000 line VOIP system
from Cisco, but I understand (from an informed source) that the deal may
be on hold while they look at Mitel and visit an installed Mitel system.