Rename no-name folder under Desktop

Win98SE

How can I rename a no-name folder under my Desktop?

It appears to be the combined Recycle Bin for all drives on this PC. In Win
Explorer, the system will not let me rename the folder, via dbl-click or F2
key.

And what name should the folder actually have?
Recycle ?
Recycle Bin ?

Thanks.

-- GeneM

Here's some info on the bin: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=136517

You should be able to change its name with TweakUI. Tweak UI is available
from:
http://www.microsoft.com/ntworkstation/downloads/PowerToys/Networking/NTTweakUI.asp
Right-click the TweakUI .inf file and select install. Should a notice
appear saying a disk is required, click OK and another screen appears. Click
browse, go to the folder containing Tweak and click OK and OK.

--
Regards

Ron Badour, MS MVP for W98
Tips: http://home.satx.rr.com/badour
Knowledge Base Info:

"GeneM" <nospamgene-mic@alltel.net> wrote in message
> Win98SE
>
> How can I rename a no-name folder under my Desktop?
>
> It appears to be the combined Recycle Bin for all drives on this PC. In
> Win
> Explorer, the system will not let me rename the folder, via dbl-click or
> F2
> key.
>
> And what name should the folder actually have?
> Recycle ?
> Recycle Bin ?
>
> Thanks.
>
> -- GeneM

"GeneM" <nospamgene-mic@alltel.net> wrote in message

> How can I rename a no-name folder under my Desktop?
> It appears to be the combined Recycle Bin for all drives on this PC. In
Win
> Explorer, the system will not let me rename the folder, via dbl-click or
F2 key.

Alternative method:
1. In DOS
DELTREE C:\RECYC*.*
and perhaps for D: and E: if they exist
2. Boot Windows
A new (correctly named) \Recycled Bin will be created
at boot.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs