Unwanted change to Minimise Button

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

The Minimize button used to reduce a window to a button on the
taskbar.

For some reason Minimise now creates a mini-window on the
desktop, which tends to be hidden behind the taskbar.

Can anyone please tell me how to return to the previous setting?

Thanks
John

http://search.support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1&spid=1139 MSKB
Search "Taskbar"; Windows 98; This Product Only; Full Text; AnyTime;
produces many. Better go look. Here is just one...

• Running Programs Do Not Appear on the Taskbar
(139727) - Programs currently running in Windows may not appear on the
taskbar. This problem can occur if you are running Xerox's Text Bridge
Instant Access OCR program. To quit Instant Access, follow these steps:
Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE to open the Close...
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;139727

--
Thanks or Good Luck,
There may be humor in this post, and,
"John" <NOSPAMjohn.sparks1@tesco.net> wrote in message
| The Minimize button used to reduce a window to a button on the
| taskbar.
|
| For some reason Minimise now creates a mini-window on the
| desktop, which tends to be hidden behind the taskbar.
|
| Can anyone please tell me how to return to the previous setting?
|
| Thanks
| John

TRENDING THREADS