Installation problems

Trying to install win98 again, however the required scandisk session before
installation is never finished due to "insufficient memory"... Alas, no
installation can be inititalized...
Anyone had the same problem - found any solution??
4 answers Last reply
More about installation problems

    If you are starting the computer with a boot floppy, try creating
    a new one.

    http://www.bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm

    Ben

    "Henkka" <zorrohenkka(at)hotmail.com(nospam)> wrote in message news:41A1580C-456B-4AE0-9781-CB10DB3ED2C9@microsoft.com...
    > Trying to install win98 again, however the required scandisk session before
    > installation is never finished due to "insufficient memory"... Alas, no
    > installation can be inititalized...
    > Anyone had the same problem - found any solution??

    While I would want to diagnose the problem further (first by making sure you
    have a good Startup floppy disk), Scandisk is *not* required to do Setup.
    You can use a switch to tell Setup to skip Scandisk.
    "Description of the Windows 95, Windows 98, and Windows Me Setup Switches"
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;186111

    --
    Gary S. Terhune
    MS-MVP Shell/User

    "Henkka" <zorrohenkka(at)hotmail.com(nospam)> wrote in message
    > Trying to install win98 again, however the required scandisk session
    > before
    > installation is never finished due to "insufficient memory"... Alas, no
    > installation can be inititalized...
    > Anyone had the same problem - found any solution??

    Type in "setup /?". This will show you all the options for setup. Try the
    option without scandisk.
    Most likely, you're running an oversized partition that scandisk can't
    handle. Or, reduce the partition size to less than 64GB.
    "Henkka" <zorrohenkka(at)hotmail.com(nospam)> wrote in message
    > Trying to install win98 again, however the required scandisk session
    before
    > installation is never finished due to "insufficient memory"... Alas, no
    > installation can be inititalized...
    > Anyone had the same problem - found any solution??

    Your hard drive might have non-standard partitioning. If so, and you install
    to this drive, you will need to use third part software for scanning the
    disk.
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=229154
    "Your Computer Does Not Have Enough Free Memory to Defrag the Drive" Error
    Message
    --
    Jeff Richards
    MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)
    "Henkka" <zorrohenkka(at)hotmail.com(nospam)> wrote in message
    > Trying to install win98 again, however the required scandisk session
    > before
    > installation is never finished due to "insufficient memory"... Alas, no
    > installation can be inititalized...
    > Anyone had the same problem - found any solution??

Microsoft Memory Windows