eVGA 256-P2-N554-AX Geforce 7600GT?

crkonecnik

Distinguished
May 6, 2006
I have searched the net, here, and even emailed eVGA (and never received a reply), but I can't seem to find an answer to this question:

What is the difference between an eVGA 256-P2-N554-AX Geforce 7600GT video card and a eVGA 256-P2-N555-AX Geforce 7600GT video card? (N554 vs. N555).

EDIT: I had mistakenly listed the model I was comparing the 554 to as the 553, when I really meant to say the N554 vs. the N555 - which both are listed with the same clock speed.

jwhitworth

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
I had the same question. I called eVGA sales and the guy said the only difference is that the 554 had a different fan. He said it would cool better. Unfortunately that probably means louder. I do not know if the 555 had cooling problems or not.

asgallant

Distinguished
May 20, 2004
According to the manufacturers spec sheet (you can find a link on the product page @ ZipZoomFly) the N554 (7600 GT KO) is at the same clock speeds (gpu and mem) as the N555 (7600 GT CO Superclocked). The spec sheets do show different hsf's on each card. I was going to spring for the Superclocked version myself, but the appearance of the KO probably means a switch for me, unless I hear some horror story about the KO in the next week or so. The KO is $30 cheaper at ZZF, and there's a $15 rebate on top of that.

asgallant

Distinguished
May 20, 2004
The spec sheets come from EVGA, and if you look closer, all of the EVGA 7600GT's are listed as 265 bit on the EVGA website. That is not in reference to the memory controller though, which is listed one line down as 128 bit, as it is.

I would have linked to EVGA's website, but they have yet to put up a product page for the 7600 GT KO

Silverking

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
probably becauses someone in the marketing dept. is ignorant of the differnce between a BIT and a BYTE or MEGABYTE for that matter.

asgallant

Distinguished
May 20, 2004
I wish I could say that would surprise me, but I have great faith in the incompetance of idiots (and I have yet to meet the anyone in marketing that knows anything about the technology they sell). God forbid anyone notice the error and correct it...after all, it might take *seconds* out of their day, which detracts from their quest to shave seconds off of their Minesweeper records.

spdunn

Distinguished
May 23, 2006
the differnece is in the cooling. they all of eVGA's oc'd cards have about the same specs, but the cooling solutions are different.

the gs has 400 mhz fan or passive cooling options
the gt has 560 mhz and "With a copper thermal solution."
the co has 580 mhz and "With a copper thermal solution."
the ko has 580 mhz and "With EVGA's own high-efficiency thermal solution."

more specific answer...

EVGA KO Edition Video Cards

The new ACS³ design not only derives itself from the original asymmetrical fan design, but combines an eye to the cosmetic, large heat sinks like found in the earlier designs, heat pipes, and new materials technology to dissipate heat at a whole new level. With the release of the 7800 line of cards, and the market's requirement for smaller cooling solutions, it is now the perfect time to unveil the new ACS³. Based on our ACS³ technology, our e-GeForce 7800 GTX KO Edition is the only card in the marketplace that can operate at 490+/1300+ with real stability and confidence.

With EVGA's patented ACS³ cooling technology mated to one of our new 7800 GTX KO Edition cards, you can lower your core GPU temperatures by about 5°C to 7°C, and your memory temperatures by about 8°C to 10°C - creating an environment that is much better suited to high performance clocking.

and the co...
EVGA CO Edition Video Cards

Another addition to EVGA's new EVTweak initiative, the CO Series with Copper Heatsink is the next installment of the company's innovative leap forward in VGA cooling design, delivering unparalleled horsepower harnessed under the hood of EVGA's custom and stylish all-Copper heat-sink fan.

and as far as the superclocking...
EVGA SUPERCLOCKED™ Video Cards

The EVGA SUPERCLOCKED™ series of cards are a culmination of thousands of hours of torturous testing by our Lab Engineers to ensure that you get the absolute best bang for your buck. EVGA SUPERCLOCKED™ cards exemplify the high quality that you have come to expect from EVGA, right out of the box.

Born and bred from the EVTweak™ Initiative, SUPERCLOCKED™ is a pedigree that has proven itself time and time again to be second to none with the likes of CO SE, CO and the KO Editions of graphics cards that are unique to EVGA.

TRENDING THREADS