Startup Menu

How do I delete a site from the startup menu. Somethin called win fixer 2005
keeps trying to install. It is not in control panel add/remove window

> How do I delete a site from the startup menu. Somethin called win fixer
2005
> keeps trying to install. It is not in control panel add/remove window

Right-click it and click "Delete". Click "Yes". Or Hold down shift and click
"Delete" - then "Yes" to totally remove it. I'd do a adware/spyware check as
well.

Download, unzip, and run Hijack This from one of these locations:
http://www.spywareinfo.com/downloads/tools/HijackThis.exe
Unzip to a folder OTHER THAN your Desktop or the Temp folder, double-click
HijackThis.exe, and hit "Scan".

When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log"
button.
Press that, save the log somewhere you can find it (Desktop, My Documents, or
similar).
Most of what it lists will be harmless or even required, so do NOT fix anything yet.

Copy the log files and paste them into a new post at ONE of these forums:
http://forums.spywareinfo.com/,
http://castlecops.com/forum67.html

In your post, please state your problem clearly and what you've done so far to fix
it.

The folks there will tell you what to remove.

See the "housekeeping" you should complete BEFORE you post your log:
http://aumha.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4075

A tutorial for using Hijack This is located here:
http://tomcoyote.com/hjt/
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"Novice PC user" <NovicePCuser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I delete a site from the startup menu. Somethin called win fixer 2005
> keeps trying to install. It is not in control panel add/remove window

BTW, do NOT let Winfixer install on your system...it is a hard-to-remove parasite.

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.security.virus/browse_frm/thread/5c1b9a2be8a26624/c386c6c32a606bb2?lnk=st&q=winfixer&rnum=4#c386c6c32a606bb2