RUNTIME ERROR 226 at 02486763 ??

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
August 22, 2005 3:20:10 PM

just recently i am getting this "runtime error 226 at 02486763" "OK popup" on
occasion. When I reboot, it will go away for awhile, but eventually it
returns. The best I can tell, it is popping up when I open a "desktop icon"
or a "file folder" and it does not appear when I click on the file itself.
It will not let me get into the file folder until I click on the "OK" button,
then it will let me access the file folder. Does anyone know what is causing
this thing to popup? I have never seen this one before. Any help would be
greatly appreciated, thank you.
Anonymous
August 22, 2005 8:07:59 PM

Are you sure it is 226, & not...?...

• Error Message: Runtime Error 216
(259279) - When you start Windows, Internet Explorer, or a Windows-based
program, you may receive the following error message: Runtime Error 216
at Address This issue can occur if your computer is infected with a
SubSeven Trojan virus. To determine if your...
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;259279

• Error Message: Runtime Error 216 at 00009275
(189989) - When you run Internet Explorer , you may receive the
following error message: Runtime Error 216 at 00009275. Note that this
behavior may occur intermittently. This issue can occur if you are
running the Oakley SmartWheel version 1.0 mouse driver....
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;189989

--
Thanks or Good Luck,
There may be humor in this post, and,