Splash screen on Start up

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
August 24, 2005 10:58:03 AM

Hello,
When I start Windows 98 I have a picture that shows up until I log on to the
network. I'm assuming this is some kind of Windows splash screen. The
question is, can I change it?
Thanks,
Melinda

More about : splash screen start

Anonymous
August 24, 2005 2:31:13 PM

"Melinda" <Melinda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> When I start Windows 98 I have a picture that shows up until I log on to
the
> network. I'm assuming this is some kind of Windows splash screen. The
> question is, can I change it?
> Thanks,
> Melinda

Yes indeed you can

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=windows+98+themes

or

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=windows+98+themes
Anonymous
August 25, 2005 6:07:19 PM

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 06:58:03 -0700, "Melinda"

>When I start Windows 98 I have a picture that shows up until I log on to the
>network. I'm assuming this is some kind of Windows splash screen.

It's more likely the default user profile wallpaper that is in effect
until you login to your user account, and thus assert your profile's
settings - including your choice of wallpaper.

Forget http://cquirke.blogspot.com and check out a
better one at http://topicdrift.blogspot.com instead!
August 26, 2005 9:29:09 AM

Actually it was much simpler than all of that. I had to turn off active
desktop. This made the picture go away. Thanks for all the replies! I
might have to change the real splash screen now!

!