display adapter-3dfx voodoo banshee

Tim

Planning to re-install w98 asIt seems to lose control of the desktop icons,
in the sense when I click on my pc - nothing happen. Cant even re-size the
browser
Before I re-install, at present under the display adapter - it has "3dfx
voodoo banshee" listed. Is this driver inside the w98cd? Cant figure out
which one when I google it, so hope you can direct me to the exact link for
this driver, thanks

"tim" <tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Before I re-install, at present under the display adapter - it has "3dfx
> voodoo banshee" listed. Is this driver inside the w98cd? Cant figure out
> which one when I google it

1. Via / Control Panel / System / Device Manager
select your driver and write down the filename(s) listed at
/ Properties / Driver / Driver File Details. They will be VXD
files, probably in C:\Windows\System

2. Select each file in turn and inspect / Properties / Version
which will tell you the manufacturer's name.
(VMM32.VXD will have no manufacturer's name because
that was custom-assembled on the date you installed
the Win98 OS.) Most makers of video cards have
drivers more up to date than those included in the Win98 CD.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Download Everest Home (free) for information about what's in your machine.
http://www.lavalys.com/products.php?lang=en

There are manufacturer links included with the information which you can
double-click to get to their page.

--

Brian A. Sesko { MS MVP_Shell/User }
http://basconotw.mvps.org/

Suggested posting do's/don'ts: http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"tim" <tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Planning to re-install w98 asIt seems to lose control of the desktop icons,
> in the sense when I click on my pc - nothing happen. Cant even re-size the
> browser
> Before I re-install, at present under the display adapter - it has "3dfx
> voodoo banshee" listed. Is this driver inside the w98cd? Cant figure out
> which one when I google it, so hope you can direct me to the exact link for
> this driver, thanks

Tim

Also under the HD Controller-Intel 82371 AB/EB PCI Bus Master IDE Controller

"Brian A." wrote:

> Download Everest Home (free) for information about what's in your machine.
> http://www.lavalys.com/products.php?lang=en
>

> There are manufacturer links included with the information which you can
> double-click to get to their page.
>
> --
>
> Brian A. Sesko { MS MVP_Shell/User }
> http://basconotw.mvps.org/
>
> Suggested posting do's/don'ts: http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>

> "tim" <tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Planning to re-install w98 asIt seems to lose control of the desktop icons,
> > in the sense when I click on my pc - nothing happen. Cant even re-size the
> > browser
> > Before I re-install, at present under the display adapter - it has "3dfx
> > voodoo banshee" listed. Is this driver inside the w98cd? Cant figure out
> > which one when I google it, so hope you can direct me to the exact link for
> > this driver, thanks

Tim

the mobo is 03/10/1999 - i440BX-ITE867-2A69KV3IC-00 and with BIOS-I-2M
(90310). I gues I have to look into the mobo for all the other drivers // pls
adv thanks

"Brian A." wrote:

> Download Everest Home (free) for information about what's in your machine.
> http://www.lavalys.com/products.php?lang=en
>

> There are manufacturer links included with the information which you can
> double-click to get to their page.
>
> --
>
> Brian A. Sesko { MS MVP_Shell/User }
> http://basconotw.mvps.org/
>
> Suggested posting do's/don'ts: http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>

> "tim" <tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Planning to re-install w98 asIt seems to lose control of the desktop icons,
> > in the sense when I click on my pc - nothing happen. Cant even re-size the
> > browser
> > Before I re-install, at present under the display adapter - it has "3dfx
> > voodoo banshee" listed. Is this driver inside the w98cd? Cant figure out
> > which one when I google it, so hope you can direct me to the exact link for
> > this driver, thanks

Tim

Many thanks n the details

3dfx voodoobanshee
device type- display adapter
manufacturer 3dfx interactive inc
hardware version 003

under driver tag
Driver: 3dfx voodoo banshee , provider: 3dfx interative, inc date 2-9-2000

Driver files: c:\windows\system\3dfx16vb.vxd
c:\windows\system\3dfxvb.vxd
c:\windows\system\vmm32.vxd(vdd.vxd)
file version: 4.12.01.1222

Now, I cant even go to c: drive to see if I can copy the file (if any).

I guess I can now reformat the hd //

"Brian A." wrote:

> Download Everest Home (free) for information about what's in your machine.
> http://www.lavalys.com/products.php?lang=en
>

> There are manufacturer links included with the information which you can
> double-click to get to their page.
>
> --
>
> Brian A. Sesko { MS MVP_Shell/User }
> http://basconotw.mvps.org/
>
> Suggested posting do's/don'ts: http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>

> "tim" <tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Planning to re-install w98 asIt seems to lose control of the desktop icons,
> > in the sense when I click on my pc - nothing happen. Cant even re-size the
> > browser
> > Before I re-install, at present under the display adapter - it has "3dfx
> > voodoo banshee" listed. Is this driver inside the w98cd? Cant figure out
> > which one when I google it, so hope you can direct me to the exact link for
> > this driver, thanks

Tim

Downloaded both these drivers but itd not correct. The display adapter in DM,
still listed as 'std pci graphic adapter (vga)"

http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=82978 size 1.7 mb
http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=123326 size 6.9mb

Can someone assist. fyi from the desktop, under display properties-setting,
I can see
"Display-Hansol Electronic Mazellan 500p on std pci graphic asdapter (vga)

Physically the graphic card is sitting on the agp slot. Can someone assist
please, thanks

"tim" wrote:

> the mobo is 03/10/1999 - i440BX-ITE867-2A69KV3IC-00 and with BIOS-I-2M
> (90310). I gues I have to look into the mobo for all the other drivers // pls
> adv thanks
>
> "Brian A." wrote:
>
> > Download Everest Home (free) for information about what's in your machine.
> > http://www.lavalys.com/products.php?lang=en
> >

> > There are manufacturer links included with the information which you can
> > double-click to get to their page.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Brian A. Sesko { MS MVP_Shell/User }
> > Conflicts start where information lacks.
> > http://basconotw.mvps.org/
> >
> > Suggested posting do's/don'ts: http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> > How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
> >

> > "tim" <tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Planning to re-install w98 asIt seems to lose control of the desktop icons,
> > > in the sense when I click on my pc - nothing happen. Cant even re-size the
> > > browser
> > > Before I re-install, at present under the display adapter - it has "3dfx
> > > voodoo banshee" listed. Is this driver inside the w98cd? Cant figure out
> > > which one when I google it, so hope you can direct me to the exact link for
> > > this driver, thanks

The 3dfx voodoo banshee drivers should be included with Win9x. If you have the
98CD look in the Drivers > Display > 3DFX >Banshee folder.

You can also get the original and/or 3rd party drivers from here.
http://www.voodoofiles.com/3dfxdrivers.asp

--

> Downloaded both these drivers but itd not correct. The display adapter in DM,
> still listed as 'std pci graphic adapter (vga)"
>
> http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=82978 size 1.7 mb
> http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=123326 size 6.9mb
>
> Can someone assist. fyi from the desktop, under display properties-setting,
> I can see
> "Display-Hansol Electronic Mazellan 500p on std pci graphic asdapter (vga)
>
> Physically the graphic card is sitting on the agp slot. Can someone assist
> please, thanks
>
> "tim" wrote:
>
>> the mobo is 03/10/1999 - i440BX-ITE867-2A69KV3IC-00 and with BIOS-I-2M
>> (90310). I gues I have to look into the mobo for all the other drivers // pls
>> adv thanks
>>
>> "Brian A." wrote:
>>
>> > Download Everest Home (free) for information about what's in your machine.
>> > http://www.lavalys.com/products.php?lang=en
>> >

>> > There are manufacturer links included with the information which you can
>> > double-click to get to their page.
>> >
>> > --
>> >
>> > Brian A. Sesko { MS MVP_Shell/User }
>> > Conflicts start where information lacks.
>> > http://basconotw.mvps.org/
>> >
>> > Suggested posting do's/don'ts: http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>> > How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
>> >

>> > "tim" <tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Tim

Brian,

Many thanks and Iave got it working now.

Glad to hear it and you're welcome.