display adapter-3dfx voodoo banshee

Planning to re-install w98 asIt seems to lose control of the desktop icons,
in the sense when I click on my pc - nothing happen. Cant even re-size the
browser
Before I re-install, at present under the display adapter - it has "3dfx
voodoo banshee" listed. Is this driver inside the w98cd? Cant figure out
which one when I google it, so hope you can direct me to the exact link for
this driver, thanks
9 answers Last reply
More about display adapter 3dfx voodoo banshee

    "tim" <tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    > Before I re-install, at present under the display adapter - it has "3dfx
    > voodoo banshee" listed. Is this driver inside the w98cd? Cant figure out
    > which one when I google it

    1. Via / Control Panel / System / Device Manager
    select your driver and write down the filename(s) listed at
    / Properties / Driver / Driver File Details. They will be VXD
    files, probably in C:\Windows\System

    2. Select each file in turn and inspect / Properties / Version
    which will tell you the manufacturer's name.
    (VMM32.VXD will have no manufacturer's name because
    that was custom-assembled on the date you installed
    the Win98 OS.) Most makers of video cards have
    drivers more up to date than those included in the Win98 CD.

    --
    Don Phillipson
    Carlsbad Springs

    Download Everest Home (free) for information about what's in your machine.
    http://www.lavalys.com/products.php?lang=en

    There are manufacturer links included with the information which you can
    double-click to get to their page.

    --

    Brian A. Sesko { MS MVP_Shell/User }
    http://basconotw.mvps.org/

    Suggested posting do's/don'ts: http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    "tim" <tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Planning to re-install w98 asIt seems to lose control of the desktop icons,
    > in the sense when I click on my pc - nothing happen. Cant even re-size the
    > browser
    > Before I re-install, at present under the display adapter - it has "3dfx
    > voodoo banshee" listed. Is this driver inside the w98cd? Cant figure out
    > which one when I google it, so hope you can direct me to the exact link for
    > this driver, thanks

    Many thanks n the details

    3dfx voodoobanshee
    device type- display adapter
    manufacturer 3dfx interactive inc
    hardware version 003

    under driver tag
    Driver: 3dfx voodoo banshee , provider: 3dfx interative, inc date 2-9-2000

    Driver files: c:\windows\system\3dfx16vb.vxd
    c:\windows\system\3dfxvb.vxd
    c:\windows\system\vmm32.vxd(vdd.vxd)
    file version: 4.12.01.1222

    Now, I cant even go to c: drive to see if I can copy the file (if any).

    I guess I can now reformat the hd //

    "Brian A." wrote:

    > Download Everest Home (free) for information about what's in your machine.
    > http://www.lavalys.com/products.php?lang=en
    >

    > There are manufacturer links included with the information which you can
    > double-click to get to their page.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Brian A. Sesko { MS MVP_Shell/User }
    > http://basconotw.mvps.org/
    >
    > Suggested posting do's/don'ts: http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >

    > "tim" <tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Planning to re-install w98 asIt seems to lose control of the desktop icons,
    > > in the sense when I click on my pc - nothing happen. Cant even re-size the
    > > browser
    > > Before I re-install, at present under the display adapter - it has "3dfx
    > > voodoo banshee" listed. Is this driver inside the w98cd? Cant figure out
    > > which one when I google it, so hope you can direct me to the exact link for
    > > this driver, thanks

    Also under the HD Controller-Intel 82371 AB/EB PCI Bus Master IDE Controller

    "Brian A." wrote:

    > Download Everest Home (free) for information about what's in your machine.
    > http://www.lavalys.com/products.php?lang=en
    >

    > There are manufacturer links included with the information which you can
    > double-click to get to their page.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Brian A. Sesko { MS MVP_Shell/User }
    > http://basconotw.mvps.org/
    >
    > Suggested posting do's/don'ts: http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >

    > "tim" <tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Planning to re-install w98 asIt seems to lose control of the desktop icons,
    > > in the sense when I click on my pc - nothing happen. Cant even re-size the
    > > browser
    > > Before I re-install, at present under the display adapter - it has "3dfx
    > > voodoo banshee" listed. Is this driver inside the w98cd? Cant figure out
    > > which one when I google it, so hope you can direct me to the exact link for
    > > this driver, thanks

    the mobo is 03/10/1999 - i440BX-ITE867-2A69KV3IC-00 and with BIOS-I-2M
    (90310). I gues I have to look into the mobo for all the other drivers // pls
    adv thanks

    "Brian A." wrote:

    > Download Everest Home (free) for information about what's in your machine.
    > http://www.lavalys.com/products.php?lang=en
    >

    > There are manufacturer links included with the information which you can
    > double-click to get to their page.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Brian A. Sesko { MS MVP_Shell/User }
    > http://basconotw.mvps.org/
    >
    > Suggested posting do's/don'ts: http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >

    > "tim" <tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Planning to re-install w98 asIt seems to lose control of the desktop icons,
    > > in the sense when I click on my pc - nothing happen. Cant even re-size the
    > > browser
    > > Before I re-install, at present under the display adapter - it has "3dfx
    > > voodoo banshee" listed. Is this driver inside the w98cd? Cant figure out
    > > which one when I google it, so hope you can direct me to the exact link for
    > > this driver, thanks

    Downloaded both these drivers but itd not correct. The display adapter in DM,
    still listed as 'std pci graphic adapter (vga)"

    http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=82978 size 1.7 mb
    http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=123326 size 6.9mb

    Can someone assist. fyi from the desktop, under display properties-setting,
    I can see
    "Display-Hansol Electronic Mazellan 500p on std pci graphic asdapter (vga)

    Physically the graphic card is sitting on the agp slot. Can someone assist
    please, thanks

    "tim" wrote:

    > the mobo is 03/10/1999 - i440BX-ITE867-2A69KV3IC-00 and with BIOS-I-2M
    > (90310). I gues I have to look into the mobo for all the other drivers // pls
    > adv thanks
    >
    > "Brian A." wrote:
    >
    > > Download Everest Home (free) for information about what's in your machine.
    > > http://www.lavalys.com/products.php?lang=en
    > >

    > > There are manufacturer links included with the information which you can
    > > double-click to get to their page.
    > >
    > > --
    > >
    > > Brian A. Sesko { MS MVP_Shell/User }
    > > Conflicts start where information lacks.
    > > http://basconotw.mvps.org/
    > >
    > > Suggested posting do's/don'ts: http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    > > How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
    > >

    > > "tim" <tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > Planning to re-install w98 asIt seems to lose control of the desktop icons,
    > > > in the sense when I click on my pc - nothing happen. Cant even re-size the
    > > > browser
    > > > Before I re-install, at present under the display adapter - it has "3dfx
    > > > voodoo banshee" listed. Is this driver inside the w98cd? Cant figure out
    > > > which one when I google it, so hope you can direct me to the exact link for
    > > > this driver, thanks

    The 3dfx voodoo banshee drivers should be included with Win9x. If you have the
    98CD look in the Drivers > Display > 3DFX >Banshee folder.

    You can also get the original and/or 3rd party drivers from here.
    http://www.voodoofiles.com/3dfxdrivers.asp

    --

    > Downloaded both these drivers but itd not correct. The display adapter in DM,
    > still listed as 'std pci graphic adapter (vga)"
    >
    > http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=82978 size 1.7 mb
    > http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=123326 size 6.9mb
    >
    > Can someone assist. fyi from the desktop, under display properties-setting,
    > I can see
    > "Display-Hansol Electronic Mazellan 500p on std pci graphic asdapter (vga)
    >
    > Physically the graphic card is sitting on the agp slot. Can someone assist
    > please, thanks
    >
    > "tim" wrote:
    >
    >> the mobo is 03/10/1999 - i440BX-ITE867-2A69KV3IC-00 and with BIOS-I-2M
    >> (90310). I gues I have to look into the mobo for all the other drivers // pls
    >> adv thanks
    >>
    >> "Brian A." wrote:
    >>
    >> > Download Everest Home (free) for information about what's in your machine.
    >> > http://www.lavalys.com/products.php?lang=en
    >> >

    >> > There are manufacturer links included with the information which you can
    >> > double-click to get to their page.
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> >
    >> > Brian A. Sesko { MS MVP_Shell/User }
    >> > Conflicts start where information lacks.
    >> > http://basconotw.mvps.org/
    >> >
    >> > Suggested posting do's/don'ts: http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >> > How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
    >> >

    >> > "tim" <tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    Brian,

    Many thanks and Iave got it working now.

    Glad to hear it and you're welcome.

    --

    > Brian,
    >
    > Many thanks and Iave got it working now.
    >
    > "Brian A." wrote:
    >
    >> The 3dfx voodoo banshee drivers should be included with Win9x. If you have
    >> the
    >> 98CD look in the Drivers > Display > 3DFX >Banshee folder.
    >>
    >> You can also get the original and/or 3rd party drivers from here.
    >> http://www.voodoofiles.com/3dfxdrivers.asp
    >>

    >> --
    >>
    >> Brian A. Sesko { MS MVP_Shell/User }
    >> Conflicts start where information lacks.
    >> http://basconotw.mvps.org/
    >>
    >> Suggested posting do's/don'ts: http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >> How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
    >>

    >> "tim" <tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Downloaded both these drivers but itd not correct. The display adapter in
    >> > DM,
    >> > still listed as 'std pci graphic adapter (vga)"
    >> >
    >> > http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=82978 size 1.7 mb
    >> > http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=123326 size 6.9mb
    >> >
    >> > Can someone assist. fyi from the desktop, under display properties-setting,
    >> > I can see
    >> > "Display-Hansol Electronic Mazellan 500p on std pci graphic asdapter (vga)
    >> >
    >> > Physically the graphic card is sitting on the agp slot. Can someone assist
    >> > please, thanks

Voodoo Display Adapter Windows