TKS

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2003
Anyone out there familiar with GLFTPD? I have a bit of a problem with it...it only recognizes and allows connect from those computers on my LAN. Now I believe this might be a DynDns error since it updates my domain name and ip address and tags them together...I've noticed that when the client runs to update the info, it tags an old ip address to my domain name.

So, the question is here...what the hell could cause this in GLFTPD if GLFTPD can cause it at all? I'd like to eliminate it fully from the equation so I can concentrate on the dyndns client. Oh, and for those that think this might be firewall related...I already ruled that out of the equation...I run endoshield and I tried it with/without and no success.

Insert_ending_here,
TKS

So what you're saying is that your domain is tagged with the last dynamic IP, rather than the current one?

<b><font color=blue>~ <A HREF="http://forums.btvillarin.com/index.php?act=ST&f=41&t=324&s=58e94ba84a16bedfebbf0f416d5bac48" target="_new">System Specs</A> ~<font color=blue></b> :wink:

TKS

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2003
yes...and I finally found out what was doing it. It was a setting in the .conf file of the update client provided for use by dyndns.org. I simply had it looking in two different places for one IP address. It took me long enough to figure it out...as I just solved this a few days ago. I feel like a moron. I mean, I had samba, ip tables, and firewalls figured out in a few days...but it took me almost a month to figure out a dns client. Oh well, that's how we learn right?

Insert_ending_here,
TKS