Sign in with
Your question

MY APPLE COMPUTER WILL NOT START

Last response: in Mac Os X
September 18, 2012 8:41:55 PM

Hello,
MY IMAC WILL NOT RUN. WHEN I PUSH THE ON BUTTON THE APPLE COME UP ON THE SCREEEN AND THE TONE OF WINDOWS STARTING. THEN A CIRLCE WITH SLACH THROUGH IT APPARES AND THAT IS AS FAR AS IT GETS.
HELP
EARL
EAWMC42@GMAIL.COM

More about : apple computer start

September 18, 2012 8:48:16 PM

Hi Earl

I would remove your email from your post immediately... as you will like get a ton of spam mail

about your iMac - seems you have to take it to Apple to get fixed, or OneClick
m
l
September 18, 2012 8:48:55 PM

Hmmm, an Apple with a worm?

Is there any other symbol inside that circle?
I'd remove your email address. Expect lots of spam as webcrawlers may have already found you. Second, call Apple customer support. Ask them to assist you with their closed system.
m
l
Related resources
September 18, 2012 8:57:39 PM

Hey there!

1. "Windows" doesnt start on a Mac since Macs use OSX.

2. Do you have a disk that came with the mac? Stick it in and restart. You should be able to boot from the disk just like any computer.

3. FYI - All caps are rude on the internet.

Let us know if using the disk works.
m
l
September 19, 2012 3:11:41 AM

EARLWCNEIL said:
Hello,
MY IMAC WILL NOT RUN. WHEN I PUSH THE ON BUTTON THE APPLE COME UP ON THE SCREEEN AND THE TONE OF WINDOWS STARTING. THEN A CIRLCE WITH SLACH THROUGH IT APPARES AND THAT IS AS FAR AS IT GETS.
HELP
EARL
EAWMC42@GMAIL.COM
Bring it to the Apple Store right away.Is this under warranty still?
m
l
September 19, 2012 3:35:59 AM

Throw your install OSX disc that came with the computer in, from there you can usually repair. Or if you bought an iMac with Lion preinstalled, you can hold command and R and re-download the operating system.

m
l
September 20, 2012 6:30:06 AM

That sounds like maybe a bad internal drive. Try the above suggestion of using your original restore disk; put the disk in and hold down C while starting up to boot from the disk.

You won't have a restore disk if your computer came with Lion or Mountain Lion. As AidanJC said, you can try holding down command and R together on Lion systems to boot into the recover partition, but that won't work if your drive is bad. If that's the case, try booting up from an external system drive by holding down the option key during start-up, then selecting an external drive. If you don't have an external start-up drive, talk to an AppleCare technician or make one using someone else's Lion computer. You can make a very basic Lion recovery/start-up drive from even just a 1GB USB jump drive and an internet connection.

If your drive is bad, you'll ultimately need to replace it. You'll definitely want talk to Apple or an authorized AppleCare service center if your computer is still under warranty.
m
l
!