usb cd-rom on boot disk

here it goes
I have win xp pro on a laptop. I have a usb cd-rom. I partitioned my hard
drive so I could install win98 and use a duel boot configuration.
Partitionmagic created the new partition but I cannot install win98 because
my win98 boot disk does not install drivers for a usb cd-rom.
Any idea????
2 answers Last reply
More about boot disk

    Link from bootdisk.com

    http://www.bootdisk.com/usb.htm

    "IKE" <IKE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > here it goes
    > I have win xp pro on a laptop. I have a usb cd-rom. I partitioned my
    hard
    > drive so I could install win98 and use a duel boot configuration.
    > Partitionmagic created the new partition but I cannot install win98
    because
    > my win98 boot disk does not install drivers for a usb cd-rom.
    > Any idea????

    Copy the Win98 folder with all the Cab files from the CD to the drive.
    Boot with a 98 boot disk.
    At the prompt type the drive with the Win98 folder and press Enter.
    Change directories if needed to the path where the folder is and press Enter.
    Type setup.exe and press Enter.

    Example if you placed the folder on D:\98setup.

    d:\
    cd d:\98setup
    setup.exe

    When asked how to install, select custom to select the drive.

    When installing 98 after XP for a dual boot system, you will need to do a
    little work editing files. It's always recommended to install 98 before XP.
    See the dual boot section here for info:
    http://thpc.info/

    --

    Brian A. Sesko { MS MVP_Shell/User }
    http://basconotw.mvps.org/

    Suggested posting do's/don'ts: http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    "IKE" <IKE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > here it goes
    > I have win xp pro on a laptop. I have a usb cd-rom. I partitioned my hard
    > drive so I could install win98 and use a duel boot configuration.
    > Partitionmagic created the new partition but I cannot install win98 because
    > my win98 boot disk does not install drivers for a usb cd-rom.
    > Any idea????

Boot CD-Rom USB Windows