NOTICE: Missing messages

It would appear that at least some Microsoft news servers had a hiccup
yesterday morning, and many posts that were sent never arrived. If anyone is
waiting for response to a message and wondering what happened, it would be a
good idea to post a new message to that thread.

Those of us who post a lot to these groups are able to use different View
settings to keep track of the threads in which we participate, and to
quickly see if there is any new activity. But it would be a lot of work to
trace all of our messages from yesterday to see that they actually arrived.
If you post a new message to the same thread, our attention will be
automatically drawn to it and we can then verify if our posts from yesterday
got through.

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS-MVP Shell/User

    Furthermore, some posts made during the timeframe of the <ahem & wink>
    hiccough actually made it to the server but were removed during the reset.
    --
    ~PA Bear

    Gary S. Terhune wrote:
    > It would appear that at least some Microsoft news servers had a hiccup
    > yesterday morning, and many posts that were sent never arrived. If anyone
    > is waiting for response to a message and wondering what happened, it
    > would be a good idea to post a new message to that thread.
    >
    > Those of us who post a lot to these groups are able to use different View
    > settings to keep track of the threads in which we participate, and to
    > quickly see if there is any new activity. But it would be a lot of work to
    > trace all of our messages from yesterday to see that they actually
    > arrived. If you post a new message to the same thread, our attention will
    > be automatically drawn to it and we can then verify if our posts from
    > yesterday got through.

    Is that stuff happening all over again? Come to think of it, I did
    notice one of my posts didn't get through RECENTLY & had to REPOST it,
    though prior episodes were much worse! By your spell of hiccoughs, I
    begin to suspect YOU were somehow responsible, PA! Can it be?

    --
    Thanks or Good Luck,
    There may be humor in this post, and,
    | Furthermore, some posts made during the timeframe of the <ahem & wink>
    | hiccough actually made it to the server but were removed during the
    reset.
    | --
    | ~PA Bear
    |
    | Gary S. Terhune wrote:
    | > It would appear that at least some Microsoft news servers had a
    hiccup
    | > yesterday morning, and many posts that were sent never arrived. If
    anyone
    | > is waiting for response to a message and wondering what happened, it
    | > would be a good idea to post a new message to that thread.
    | >
    | > Those of us who post a lot to these groups are able to use different
    View
    | > settings to keep track of the threads in which we participate, and
    | > quickly see if there is any new activity. But it would be a lot of
    work to
    | > trace all of our messages from yesterday to see that they actually
    | > arrived. If you post a new message to the same thread, our attention
    will
    | > be automatically drawn to it and we can then verify if our posts
    from
    | > yesterday got through.

    A fifth of what? Bourbon?

    --
    Gary S. Terhune
    MS-MVP Shell/User

    >I plead the fifth.
    > --
    > ~PAÞ
    >
    > PCR wrote:
    >> Is that stuff happening all over again? Come to think of it, I did
    >> notice one of my posts didn't get through RECENTLY & had to REPOST it,
    >> though prior episodes were much worse! By your spell of hiccoughs, I
    >> begin to suspect YOU were somehow responsible, PA! Can it be?
    >>

    >> > Furthermore, some posts made during the timeframe of the <ahem & wink>
    >> > hiccough actually made it to the server but were removed during the
    >> > reset. --
    >> > ~PA Bear

    Geez! I thought he was washing his mouth out with soap! Well, anyhow, he
    is forgiven, as the severity of his hangover should cover it!

    --
    | A fifth of what? Bourbon?
    |
    | --
    | Gary S. Terhune
    | MS-MVP Shell/User
    |
    | "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
    | >I plead the fifth.
    | > --
    | > ~PAÞ
    | >
    | > PCR wrote:
    | >> Is that stuff happening all over again? Come to think of it, I did
    | >> notice one of my posts didn't get through RECENTLY & had to REPOST
    it,
    | >> though prior episodes were much worse! By your spell of hiccoughs,
    | >> begin to suspect YOU were somehow responsible, PA! Can it be?

    If

    Aumha VSOP, of course.
    http://aumha.org/vsop.php

    Gary S. Terhune wrote:
    > A fifth of what? Bourbon?

    > > I plead the fifth.
    > > --
    > > ~PAÞ
    > >
    > > PCR wrote:
    > > > Is that stuff happening all over again? Come to think of it, I did
    > > > notice one of my posts didn't get through RECENTLY & had to REPOST it,
    > > > though prior episodes were much worse! By your spell of hiccoughs, I
    > > > begin to suspect YOU were somehow responsible, PA! Can it be?

    ROFL!!!

    --
    Gary S. Terhune
    MS-MVP Shell/User