Sign in with
Your question

Will I have enough power with this set up?

Last response: in Components
May 6, 2006 1:23:06 PM

Hi there, I have been going through the forum looking for the websites that will allow me to get an estimate of the power needed but all of them seem unavailable. I am about to order a new system and wanted to know if the PSU that comes with the case is sufficient.

The case I am hoping to order is the Antec P150 which comes with a Antec NeoHE 430. I am not going to be overclocking in case that makes any difference.

Here is my proposed spec:
MOBO: Asus A8N-E.

CPU: AMD X64 3700+ (San Diego).

RAM: 2 x 1 gig OCZ Platinum Ram 2-3-2-5.

HD: WD SE16 250GB. Basically 250Gb with 16Mb buffer.

GPU : Sapphire ATI Radeon X1800 XT 256MB GDDR3 AVIVO TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) This is where my worry comes in as I am concerned this will take a lot of power. I am getting this for the equivalent of less than 200 dollars brand new in the UK and the deal seems too good to pass up such a good card.

I will also be adding such things as the Zalman VF-900 to help cool the graphics card as I hear it is a heat monster. Also may get a scythe ninja for the CPU, possibly a couple of extra 92mm fans for the front to improve overall airflow etc.

Also a couple of DVD drives I reckon.

Let me know what you think of the system and if the 430 PSU will be enough to keep my machine running smoothly, thanks in advance

More about : power set

May 6, 2006 1:46:15 PM

when I plug-and-chug your specs (well I did add a few extra devices) it is less than 350w so that antec is a-ok.
a b ) Power supply
May 6, 2006 7:22:17 PM

Quote:

The case I am hoping to order is the Antec P150 which comes with a Antec NeoHE 430. I am not going to be overclocking in case that makes any difference.

Here is my proposed spec:
MOBO: Asus A8N-E.

Be aware that older NeoHE PSU have had problems with Asus motherboards. Antec released newer version of the NeoHE to correct the problem back in February, but it is possible that you may get an older version.
May 6, 2006 7:33:10 PM

if ur gonna OC, get an Antec TX series, look on zip zoom its really cheap there. move fans, bigger, comes with 500w smart power or 480w truepower
!