Odd registry content - how to remove

Spybot 1.4 found a bunch of entries in the following location:

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Internet
Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\meetyourfriend.biz\*!=W=4

where "meetyourfriend.biz" is only one of a long list keys varying only
by the website name.

How does one go about deleting these entries? Can entries in this area
be simply deleted, or is it more involved?

Any suggestions would be welcome. I'd like to get my resources back up
over 55%!

TIA

1. These entries are Restricted Zone entries put there by other anti-spyware
apps to limit what "bad" websites can do on your machine. They're *supposed*
to be there. Ignore Spybot's detection of these items.

2. Getting rid of these items will do nothing to improve your Resources
issue.

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS-MVP Shell/User

"Mensaguy8" <dhamlin@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> Spybot 1.4 found a bunch of entries in the following location:
>
> HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Internet
> Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\meetyourfriend.biz\*!=W=4
>
> where "meetyourfriend.biz" is only one of a long list keys varying only
> by the website name.
>
> How does one go about deleting these entries? Can entries in this area
> be simply deleted, or is it more involved?
>
> Any suggestions would be welcome. I'd like to get my resources back up
> over 55%!
>
> TIA

"Mensaguy8" <dhamlin@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> Spybot 1.4 found a bunch of entries in the following location:
>
> HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current
Version\Internet
> Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\meetyourfriend.biz\*!=W=4
>
> where "meetyourfriend.biz" is only one of a long list keys varying
only
> by the website name.
>
> How does one go about deleting these entries? Can entries in this
area
> be simply deleted, or is it more involved?
>
> Any suggestions would be welcome. I'd like to get my resources back
up
> over 55%!
>
> TIA

Let Spybot remove them to quarantine. If everything still works okay,
let Spybot delete them.

You can post your Spybot-specific queries to the Spybot Support forum here:
http://forums.net-integration.net/index.php?showforum=28
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Mensaguy8 wrote:
> Spybot 1.4 found a bunch of entries in the following location:
>
> HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Internet
> Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\meetyourfriend.biz\*!=W=4
>
> where "meetyourfriend.biz" is only one of a long list keys varying only
> by the website name.
>
> How does one go about deleting these entries? Can entries in this area
> be simply deleted, or is it more involved?
>
> Any suggestions would be welcome. I'd like to get my resources back up
> over 55%!
>
> TIA

TRENDING THREADS