How to remove the log on prompt

After repair the computer shop people installed windows 98.

When the computer is started, it prompts for user Name and password.

There is no password, the user name is only there and click ok, it start
normal.

I restarted the computer, Logon dailog prompted, I deleted the user name,
let the both the fields blank, started the computer, it is fine. BUT when i
start again the same dailog appears. the user name is there and it asks me to
enter password.
And the password is blank/nothing. so I just click ok.

My Query
A. How to remove this Login prompt dailog. so that when the computer is
started, it should directly reach to Desktop.

B. When it will be removed, will it be a effect to my desktop system, like
internet connections shortcuts etc.

Note : When I press cancel on the logon prompt, at time also it reaches to
desktop, BUT the internet connection shortcut does not work.

My computer is not connected to any network.

Please advise.

regards.

Irshad

Please advise

"How to Prevent a Windows 95, Windows 98, or Windows Me Logon Prompt at
Startup"

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/152104

--
Mikhail Zhilin