READ THIS BEFORE BUYING MINMAW

Who thinks they should honor my request? (Please answer honestly!)

  • Yes, they should send you two replacement buttons as promised.

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • No, they have no obligation to you.

    Votes: 7 70.0%
  • That does it for MinMaw! I''ll never buy their crap!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I''m never buying from nMedia either! Screw them both!

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    10

RyanMicah

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
I know it's a bit hard to follow this is copy/pasted email dialogue between me and two companies, nMedia and MinMaw. MinMaw manufactures the case I bought, nMedia sells them as well under their name. Tell me what you think. Do they or do they not now have an obligation to send me parts? Why is it that companies can't get their customer policies together, and honor their word? We'll see how this plays out. Don't ban their products just yet. I'll keep you informed.

I like the case, but the DVD drive button is impossible to align without modification. It's even stated on the nMedia website, that users usually have to modify their cases or drives to get it to work. Spread this around, show your friends, and make sure that people are aware of this kind of crap.

~Ryan

P.S. I threw in a poll for fun. :p Everyone loves polls.

(Names and email adresses and my address have been edited out of the text, for security reasons)
=^=^=^=^=^=^=^=^=^=^=^=^=^=^=^=^=^=^=^=^=^=^=^=^

From: Me
To: support@nmediapc.com
Subject: RE: HELP!

I recently bought your HTPC 400 model case and am having difficulty installing my DVD drive. Do you know of any drives that would fit it perfectly? If not, what is your suggestion for lining up the holes with the DVD drive button? I've tried it with the faceplate on, and off. Tried inserting a screw into the button holes. I really hate to cut off the button backing protrusions and leave the one that works, but this seems to maybe be my best and only real option. I was wondering if you could send me a replacement button maybe, so that when I install a Blu-Ray or HD DVD drive in the future, it will fit. Any help you can offer me would be great. I tried forums but this case doesn't seem to be hugely popular yet. It's a great case with a beautiful look and I was thrilled to get it. Now if I can just get this drive to work.

~Ryan
From: support@nmediapc.com
To: Me

Hi, Ryan:

Thanks for the email.

According to some customer reviews, the Samsung DVD sounds like a good choice.

http://secure.ncix.com/products/productreviewdetail.php?id=49645

In terms of the spare button, I will let you know as soon as I can get one from the factory. It may take a while, but I promise to get you one.

Let me know your shipping address.

Best regards,

Support / nMedia System
From: Me
To: support@nmediapc.com

I assume your reviewer was talking about a drive kind of like this.

http://www.pricegrabber.com/p__Samsung_SH_S182D_Dual_Layer_DVD_RW_Writer,__22165016/sort_type=bottomline

That's about the only drive from Samsung I'd want, and it's another $35. I think I'll just attempt the modify.

My address is:
(My address)

I appreciate it. BTW, are you guys the same as MinMaw? Merger? Bought out? Perhaps they manufacture parts for you? I just noticed you have the same case and I'm curious as to your relation.
From: Me
To: support@nmediapc.com

I'm trying to think of a way to better design the DVD slot so that it looks nice and clean with a flat front, while it might be more easily suited to take on a variety of drives. If only it supported laptop drives. :p I currently have 2 in my micro ATX system. It's semi-designed as an HTPC as well.

If you send me a spare button (or two) it'll work just fine. (2 is better, as this is a solid case and good looking I may be using it for quite some time). I think I can trim off three of the four nodes on the backside of the button and have the remaining one to push in on the button (with the front bezel off).

~Ryan
From: support@nmediapc.com
To: Me

Hi, Ryan:

I will do my best to get two buttons for you.

For the HTPC 400 model only, we set up a partnership project, we design and provide parts, they manufactory for us. So, they have the right to sell outside of our channels.

Thanks,

Support / nMedia System
From RickH.....@MinMaw.com
Rick wrote:

Hi Ryan,

We apologize for confused your question, but if you select the Lite-on DVD+-R/W of model #: SHW-160P6S that will work in perfect. We don't have a spare DVD button for your extra use. Sorry about that.

Rick
MMI