Scrolling Text No Longer Works After SP2 Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

After installing SP2, I can no longer insert scrolling text into email. When
I click on the scrolling text icon I receive an error message that says;
"This object was created in Marquee. This application is not able to open
this object." Has
anyone else had this problem? Fixes? I would appreciate any help, I like
to use this in my business emails.

Hi SierraDave,

This is what MS has to say about it. Take a look at this KB:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=838214

"When you click Scrolling Text, you receive the following error message:

This object was created in MARQUEE. This application is not available to
open this object. Make sure the application is properly installed and that it
has not been deleted, moved, or renamed.

The third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by
companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty,
implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these
products"

Looks like its a known issue. Perhaps the vendor will issue a fix.

regards,
dennis

"SierraDave" wrote:

> After installing SP2, I can no longer insert scrolling text into email. When
> I click on the scrolling text icon I receive an error message that says;
> "This object was created in Marquee. This application is not able to open
> this object." Has
> anyone else had this problem? Fixes? I would appreciate any help, I like
> to use this in my business emails.

Thank you Dennis. I did not know it was an independent program, I just
assumed it was a Mircosoft program. I will check out the link you provided.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

"Dennis S." wrote:

> Hi SierraDave,
>
> This is what MS has to say about it. Take a look at this KB:
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=838214
>
> "When you click Scrolling Text, you receive the following error message:
>
> This object was created in MARQUEE. This application is not available to
> open this object. Make sure the application is properly installed and that it
> has not been deleted, moved, or renamed.
>
> The third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by
> companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty,
> implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these
> products"
>

> Looks like its a known issue. Perhaps the vendor will issue a fix.
>
> regards,
> dennis
>
> "SierraDave" wrote:
>
> > After installing SP2, I can no longer insert scrolling text into email. When
> > I click on the scrolling text icon I receive an error message that says;
> > "This object was created in Marquee. This application is not able to open
> > this object." Has
> > anyone else had this problem? Fixes? I would appreciate any help, I like
> > to use this in my business emails.

(Sighs)I wish it Marquee would work and you didn't get that error messege.