searcher

how can i tweak the win98 internet explorer to default to google when you
click on the search menu.
øivind reinemo
4 answers Last reply
More about searcher

    I don't know if that's possible; however, you can set Google as your home
    page and then click on the House icon when you need to do a search.

    --
    Regards

    Ron Badour, MS MVP for W98
    Tips: http://home.satx.rr.com/badour
    Knowledge Base Info:

    "Øivind Reinemo" <oeivinr@online.no> wrote in message
    > how can i tweak the win98 internet explorer to default to google when you
    > click on the search menu.
    > øivind reinemo

    Make Google your Default:
    http://www.google.com/options/defaults.html#default
    --
    Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    "Ron Badour" <Sorry@NoAddress.com> wrote in message

    > I don't know if that's possible; however, you can set Google as your home
    > page and then click on the House icon when you need to do a search.

    It is possible. I've had it set that way for quite a while.

    Glen posted a link which offers a couple of solutions and formats.
    > --
    > Regards
    >

    > Ron Badour, MS MVP for W98
    > Tips: http://home.satx.rr.com/badour
    > Knowledge Base Info:
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=kbinfo
    >

    > "Øivind Reinemo" <oeivinr@online.no> wrote in message
    > > how can i tweak the win98 internet explorer to default to google when
    you
    > > click on the search menu.
    > > --
    > > øivind reinemo

    Can also be done using Ad-Aware SE. Open Ad-Aware Configuration by clicking
    on the "gear" icon at top. Then click on "Default" button at left.

    --
    Gary S. Terhune
    MS-MVP Shell/User

    "Hugh Candlin" <No@MeansNo.Com> wrote in message

    > "Ron Badour" <Sorry@NoAddress.com> wrote in message
    >
    >> I don't know if that's possible; however, you can set Google as your home
    >> page and then click on the House icon when you need to do a search.
    >>

    > It is possible. I've had it set that way for quite a while.
    >
    > Glen posted a link which offers a couple of solutions and formats.
    >> --
    >> Regards
    >>

    >> Ron Badour, MS MVP for W98
    >> Tips: http://home.satx.rr.com/badour
    >> Knowledge Base Info:
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=kbinfo
    >>

    >> "Øivind Reinemo" <oeivinr@online.no> wrote in message
    >> > how can i tweak the win98 internet explorer to default to google when
    > you
    >> > click on the search menu.
    >> > --
    >> > øivind reinemo