Toolbar icons:Volume Control.Display Properties,HP Updates..

Windows98:After fixing a problem with internet connection[Earthlink Tech
support] I restarted my computor and the icons that appear in bottom right
corner of taskbar are gone.I'd like to get them back Please
help!! Also, while I made my feeble attempt to find them I inadvertently
managed to move the icons on the bottom left out of the slide window and they
are now just hanging out on the taskbar and all of my programs are on the
slide side.Sure am hoping for some help.
2 answers Last reply
More about toolbar icons volume control display properties updates

    "Scrub" <Scrub@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Windows98:After fixing a problem with internet connection[Earthlink Tech
    > support] I restarted my computor and the icons that appear in bottom right
    > corner of taskbar are gone.I'd like to get them back Please
    > help!!

    First and foremost, are you on Dial-up or DSL?

    >Also, while I made my feeble attempt to find them I inadvertently
    > managed to move the icons on the bottom left out of the slide window and
    > they
    > are now just hanging out on the taskbar and all of my programs are on the
    > slide side.Sure am hoping for some help.

    *Sounds* like you have managed to move the QuickLaunch bar, but to make
    sure, please describe your taskbar as it appears between the Start button at
    left and the System Tray icons on the right.

    --
    Gary S. Terhune
    MS-MVP Shell/User

    "Scrub" <Scrub@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Windows98:After fixing a problem with internet connection[Earthlink Tech
    > support] I restarted my computor and the icons that appear in bottom right
    > corner of taskbar are gone.I'd like to get them back Please

    Click Start> Run, type: msconfig and click OK.
    Click the Startup tab, and tell us what items, if any, do *not* have a check-mark in
    the box next to them.

    > help!! Also, while I made my feeble attempt to find them I inadvertently
    > managed to move the icons on the bottom left out of the slide window and they
    > are now just hanging out on the taskbar and all of my programs are on the
    > slide side.Sure am hoping for some help.

    That's the "Quick Launch bar" (not to be confused with the quick lunch bar). Just
    to the right of the Start button is a little "handle"....a small vertical bar, right
    up against the Start button.
    START l l (icons) l (Clock)
    ^ that one

    Put the mouse pointer over it, and it will turn into a two-headed arrow. Drag the
    handle to the right with the two-headed arrow, and as it goes over the Quick Launch
    Bar, the QL Bar should pop back against the Start button.
    --
    Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Hewlett Packard Icons Windows