How can one open any application

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
August 29, 2005 9:47:13 PM

How can one open an application in a window rather than in a normal full
screen?

More about : open application

Anonymous
August 30, 2005 1:04:32 AM

"b11_" <b11@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> How can one open an application in a window rather than in a normal full
> screen?

Some applications enable this by:
1. Opening the app full-screen.
2. Adjusting it to window size.
3. Closing the window with special keystrokes, e.g.
Ctrl plus (top right) X.
4. Next time the app opens in a window, not full-screen.

If undocumented for the apps that concern you, you
must find these keystrokes by trial and error.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Most apps open in a window, not full screen. What app are you talking about?

Please make sure you really mean "Full Screen" and not "Maximized". In a maximised
window, you still see the window border, title bar and contols in the upper right
(the X to close, the squares, and the dash). In a Full Screen, you do not see any
of those...only the application completely covering the screen.
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"b11_" <b11@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can one open an application in a window rather than in a normal full
> screen?
August 30, 2005 12:46:52 PM

"b11_" <b11@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can one open an application in a window rather than in a normal full
> screen?

Change the setting in the Run box
after right-clicking the Desktop shortcut
and choosing Properties.
Anonymous
September 15, 2005 9:35:04 PM

Some games run slow in a full screen. I could solve the problem by running
them in a window.

"Hugh Candlin" wrote:

> "b11_" <b11@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How can one open an application in a window rather than in a normal full
> > screen?
>
> Change the setting in the Run box
> after right-clicking the Desktop shortcut
> and choosing Properties.

Anonymous
September 15, 2005 9:51:24 PM

Just curious--what makes you think that?

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS-MVP Shell/User

> Some games run slow in a full screen. I could solve the problem by running
> them in a window.
Anonymous
September 16, 2005 2:08:55 AM

"b11_" <b11@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Some games run slow in a full screen. I could solve the problem by running
> them in a window.

Yes, you could......

> "Hugh Candlin" wrote:
>

> > "b11_" <b11@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > How can one open an application in a window rather than in a normal
full
> > > screen?
> >
> > Change the setting in the Run box
> > after right-clicking the Desktop shortcut
> > and choosing Properties.
Anonymous
September 16, 2005 2:14:03 AM

"Hugh Candlin" <No@Spam.Com> wrote in message

> "b11_" <b11@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Some games run slow in a full screen. I could solve the problem by running
>> them in a window.
>
> Yes, you could......

He could?

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS-MVP Shell/User

news:o 2Shu1nuFHA.2212@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...

> "Hugh Candlin" <No@Spam.Com> wrote in message
> >
> > "b11_" <b11@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> Some games run slow in a full screen. I could solve the problem by
running
> >> them in a window.
> >
> > Yes, you could......
>
> He could?

He posed a question. I provided an answer.

He ignored my answer, and stated his reason
for posing his question.

Who am I to argue with that?
Anonymous
September 16, 2005 1:43:48 PM

"Hugh Candlin" <No@Spam.Com> wrote in message
news:o XlVx$nuFHA.1132@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...

> news:o 2Shu1nuFHA.2212@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>>
>> "Hugh Candlin" <No@Spam.Com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > "b11_" <b11@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> running
>> >
>> > Yes, you could......
>>
>> He could?
>
> He posed a question. I provided an answer.
>
> He ignored my answer, and stated his reason
> for posing his question.
>
> Who am I to argue with that?

LOL! OK, <s>. I thought maybe you had some magic bullet.

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS-MVP Shell/User

AFAICT, he's got 16-bit games that run only in DOS (at full screen, probably
because they actually restart to DOS and require different display settings).
Methinks the "shortcuts" involved are PIF files.

Porting those to 32-bit Windows, where window size, etc., are available, ain't
easy.

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS-MVP Shell/User

"Hugh Candlin" <No@Spam.Com> wrote in message
news:o XlVx$nuFHA.1132@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...

> news:o 2Shu1nuFHA.2212@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>>
>> "Hugh Candlin" <No@Spam.Com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > "b11_" <b11@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> running
>> >
>> > Yes, you could......
>>
>> He could?
>
> He posed a question. I provided an answer.
>
> He ignored my answer, and stated his reason
> for posing his question.
>
> Who am I to argue with that?

Anonymous
September 16, 2005 2:37:48 PM

"Hugh Candlin" <No@Spam.Com> wrote in message
news:o XlVx$nuFHA.1132@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...

| "Gary S. Terhune" <grystnews@mvps.org> wrote in message
| news:o 2Shu1nuFHA.2212@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
| >
| > "Hugh Candlin" <No@Spam.Com> wrote in message
| > >
| > > "b11_" <b11@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| running
| > >
| > > Yes, you could......
| >
| > He could?
|
| He posed a question. I provided an answer.
|
| He ignored my answer, and stated his reason
| for posing his question.
|
| Who am I to argue with that?

You am who you am, Camdlin!

!