Outlook Express 6 and messages in a file

I was reading your posts about news group messages and thought you might have
the answer.
My husband left me a DBX file with messages in it. I cannot seem to open
it, import it to Outlook Express 6 or anything else but perhaps curse it.
Any ideas on how I can get a look at these messages.
37 answers Last reply
More about outlook express messages file

    Where did your husband get the file? The associated Folder.dbx file from the
    original location of your DBX needs to be present in the same folder in
    order for Import to work. Folders.dbx is what the Import tool looks for,
    first, to tell it all about other DBX files in the folder and provide you
    with a list of possibilities. If you can get to that Folders.dbx, copy it to
    the same folder where your target DBX is located.

    This should work (I just successfully tested the idea, but you never know.)
    -- Open Outlook Express (OE).
    -- Right-click on Local Folders in the Folders pane and create a new folder.
    Name it *exactly* the same as your DBX file, sans the .DBX extension.
    -- Open your Inbox and right-click any message, then choose Copy to
    Folder... and copy it to the new folder (there needs to be at least one
    message in a folder before OE will create a file for it.)
    -- Go to Tools->Options->Maintenance tab and click on Store Folder button.
    Write down the current path to your DBX store folder.
    -- Exit OE and then use Windows Explorer to get to the Store Folder path you
    previously wrote down.
    --Copy your DBX file to that folder and confirm the overwrite.
    --Open OE. Voila!

    Please let us know how it turned out.

    --
    Gary S. Terhune
    MS-MVP Shell/User

    "Bad Outlook" <Bad Outlook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I was reading your posts about news group messages and thought you might
    >have
    > the answer.
    > My husband left me a DBX file with messages in it. I cannot seem to open
    > it, import it to Outlook Express 6 or anything else but perhaps curse it.
    > Any ideas on how I can get a look at these messages.

    That saved me hours and hours. Thank you so much.

    "Gary S. Terhune" wrote:

    > Where did your husband get the file? The associated Folder.dbx file from the
    > original location of your DBX needs to be present in the same folder in
    > order for Import to work. Folders.dbx is what the Import tool looks for,
    > first, to tell it all about other DBX files in the folder and provide you
    > with a list of possibilities. If you can get to that Folders.dbx, copy it to
    > the same folder where your target DBX is located.
    >
    > This should work (I just successfully tested the idea, but you never know.)
    > -- Open Outlook Express (OE).
    > -- Right-click on Local Folders in the Folders pane and create a new folder.
    > Name it *exactly* the same as your DBX file, sans the .DBX extension.
    > -- Open your Inbox and right-click any message, then choose Copy to
    > Folder... and copy it to the new folder (there needs to be at least one
    > message in a folder before OE will create a file for it.)
    > -- Go to Tools->Options->Maintenance tab and click on Store Folder button.
    > Write down the current path to your DBX store folder.
    > -- Exit OE and then use Windows Explorer to get to the Store Folder path you
    > previously wrote down.
    > --Copy your DBX file to that folder and confirm the overwrite.
    > --Open OE. Voila!
    >
    > Please let us know how it turned out.
    >
    > --
    > Gary S. Terhune
    > MS-MVP Shell/User
    >

    > "Bad Outlook" <Bad Outlook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I was reading your posts about news group messages and thought you might
    > >have
    > > the answer.
    > > My husband left me a DBX file with messages in it. I cannot seem to open
    > > it, import it to Outlook Express 6 or anything else but perhaps curse it.
    > > Any ideas on how I can get a look at these messages.

    You're welcome! I take it my little impromptu experiment worked for you too.

    --

    > That saved me hours and hours. Thank you so much.
    >

    > "Gary S. Terhune" wrote:
    >
    >> Where did your husband get the file? The associated Folder.dbx file from
    >> the
    >> original location of your DBX needs to be present in the same folder in
    >> order for Import to work. Folders.dbx is what the Import tool looks for,
    >> first, to tell it all about other DBX files in the folder and provide you
    >> with a list of possibilities. If you can get to that Folders.dbx, copy it
    >> the same folder where your target DBX is located.
    >>
    >> This should work (I just successfully tested the idea, but you never
    >> know.)
    >> -- Open Outlook Express (OE).
    >> -- Right-click on Local Folders in the Folders pane and create a new
    >> folder.
    >> Name it *exactly* the same as your DBX file, sans the .DBX extension.
    >> -- Open your Inbox and right-click any message, then choose Copy to
    >> Folder... and copy it to the new folder (there needs to be at least one
    >> message in a folder before OE will create a file for it.)
    >> -- Go to Tools->Options->Maintenance tab and click on Store Folder
    >> button.
    >> Write down the current path to your DBX store folder.
    >> -- Exit OE and then use Windows Explorer to get to the Store Folder path
    >> you
    >> previously wrote down.
    >> --Copy your DBX file to that folder and confirm the overwrite.
    >> --Open OE. Voila!
    >>
    >> Please let us know how it turned out.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Gary S. Terhune
    >> MS-MVP Shell/User
    >>

    >> "Bad Outlook" <Bad Outlook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> >I was reading your posts about news group messages and thought you might
    >> >have
    >> > the answer.
    >> > My husband left me a DBX file with messages in it. I cannot seem to
    >> > open
    >> > it, import it to Outlook Express 6 or anything else but perhaps curse
    >> > it.
    >> > Any ideas on how I can get a look at these messages.

    Importing a single DBX file
    http://www.insideoe.com/faqs/how.htm#importdbx
    http://www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx (last paragraph)
    --
    OE6-specific newsgroup:
    OE General newsgroup:

    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

    Bad Outlook wrote:
    > I was reading your posts about news group messages and thought you might
    > have the answer.
    > My husband left me a DBX file with messages in it. I cannot seem to open
    > it, import it to Outlook Express 6 or anything else but perhaps curse it.
    > Any ideas on how I can get a look at these messages.

    Thanks PA but Gary gave me the perfect answer. I will look it up next time.
    I was at the end of my rope but Gary managed to tie a knot it for me.

    "PA Bear" wrote:

    > Importing a single DBX file
    > http://www.insideoe.com/faqs/how.htm#importdbx
    > http://www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx (last paragraph)
    > --
    > OE6-specific newsgroup:
    > OE General newsgroup:
    >
    > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    > MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), AH-VSOP
    >
    > Bad Outlook wrote:
    > > I was reading your posts about news group messages and thought you might
    > > have the answer.
    > > My husband left me a DBX file with messages in it. I cannot seem to open
    > > it, import it to Outlook Express 6 or anything else but perhaps curse it.
    > > Any ideas on how I can get a look at these messages.

    LOL! I figured those guys had already figured that one out. I'm kind of
    surprised that my current cerebral processes provided the Aha! that led me
    to the same solution. (Such Aha!s are happening less & less frequently these
    days.)

    --
    Gary S. Terhune
    MS-MVP Shell/User

    > Importing a single DBX file
    > http://www.insideoe.com/faqs/how.htm#importdbx
    > http://www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx (last paragraph)
    > --
    > OE6-specific newsgroup:
    > OE General newsgroup:
    >
    > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    > MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), AH-VSOP
    >
    > Bad Outlook wrote:
    >> I was reading your posts about news group messages and thought you might
    >> have the answer.
    >> My husband left me a DBX file with messages in it. I cannot seem to open
    >> it, import it to Outlook Express 6 or anything else but perhaps curse it.
    >> Any ideas on how I can get a look at these messages.

    Gary I must admit that the word "sans" had me going. Thanks again I guess if
    I had looked over the entire world wide web I might of found the answer
    without your help LOL

    "Gary S. Terhune" wrote:

    > LOL! I figured those guys had already figured that one out. I'm kind of
    > surprised that my current cerebral processes provided the Aha! that led me
    > to the same solution. (Such Aha!s are happening less & less frequently these
    > days.)
    >
    > --
    > Gary S. Terhune
    > MS-MVP Shell/User

    > > Importing a single DBX file
    > > http://www.insideoe.com/faqs/how.htm#importdbx
    > > http://www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx (last paragraph)
    > > --
    > > OE6-specific newsgroup:
    > > OE General newsgroup:
    > >
    > > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    > > MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), AH-VSOP
    > >
    > > Bad Outlook wrote:
    > >> I was reading your posts about news group messages and thought you might
    > >> have the answer.
    > >> My husband left me a DBX file with messages in it. I cannot seem to open
    > >> it, import it to Outlook Express 6 or anything else but perhaps curse it.
    > >> Any ideas on how I can get a look at these messages.

    It's essentially the same procedure, but I think mine's a bit more
    "elegant", <eg>.

    --

    > Thanks PA but Gary gave me the perfect answer. I will look it up next
    > time.
    > I was at the end of my rope but Gary managed to tie a knot it for me.
    >
    > "PA Bear" wrote:
    >
    >> Importing a single DBX file
    >> http://www.insideoe.com/faqs/how.htm#importdbx
    >> http://www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx (last paragraph)
    >> --
    >> OE6-specific newsgroup:
    >> OE General newsgroup:
    >>
    >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    >> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), AH-VSOP
    >>
    >> Bad Outlook wrote:
    >> > I was reading your posts about news group messages and thought you
    >> > might
    >> > have the answer.
    >> > My husband left me a DBX file with messages in it. I cannot seem to
    >> > open
    >> > it, import it to Outlook Express 6 or anything else but perhaps curse
    >> > it.
    >> > Any ideas on how I can get a look at these messages.

    www.dictionary.com

    <s>

    --

    > Gary I must admit that the word "sans" had me going. Thanks again I guess
    > if
    > I had looked over the entire world wide web I might of found the answer
    > without your help LOL
    >
    > "Gary S. Terhune" wrote:
    >
    >> LOL! I figured those guys had already figured that one out. I'm kind of
    >> surprised that my current cerebral processes provided the Aha! that led
    >> me
    >> to the same solution. (Such Aha!s are happening less & less frequently
    >> these
    >> days.)
    >>
    >> --
    >> Gary S. Terhune
    >> MS-MVP Shell/User
    >>
    >> "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >> > Importing a single DBX file
    >> > http://www.insideoe.com/faqs/how.htm#importdbx
    >> > http://www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx (last paragraph)
    >> > --
    >> > OE6-specific newsgroup:
    >> > OE General newsgroup:
    >> >
    >> > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    >> > MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), AH-VSOP

    You had to think about it then type it out. I just summoned up a Canned
    Response and...

    Gary S. Terhune wrote:
    > It's essentially the same procedure, but I think mine's a bit more
    > "elegant", <eg>.
    >

    > "Bad Outlook" <BadOutlook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Thanks PA but Gary gave me the perfect answer. I will look it up next
    > > time.
    > > I was at the end of my rope but Gary managed to tie a knot it for me.
    > >
    > > "PA Bear" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Importing a single DBX file
    > > > http://www.insideoe.com/faqs/how.htm#importdbx
    > > > http://www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx (last paragraph)
    > > > --
    > > > OE6-specific newsgroup:
    > > > OE General newsgroup:
    > > >
    > > > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    > > > MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), AH-VSOP

    Believe me, my brain needs all the exercise it can get these days!

    Really, don't you think that my method of naming the new folder in OE using
    the same name as the DBX file is more elegant than renaming the file, and
    then later renaming the OE folder?

    Huh? Huh? Honest, I need all the backpats I can get.

    KELLY! Any news?

    --
    Gary S. Terhune
    MS-MVP Shell/User

    > You had to think about it then type it out. I just summoned up a Canned
    > Response and...
    >
    > Gary S. Terhune wrote:
    >> It's essentially the same procedure, but I think mine's a bit more
    >> "elegant", <eg>.

    Here is a great station that used to be based in New Orleans but are now in
    Jackson pretty raw but real.
    http://www.kcra.com/video/4907831/detail.html

    Gary S. Terhune wrote:
    > Believe me, my brain needs all the exercise it can get these days!
    >
    > Really, don't you think that my method of naming the new folder in OE
    > using the same name as the DBX file is more elegant than renaming the
    > file, and then later renaming the OE folder?
    >
    > Huh? Huh? Honest, I need all the backpats I can get.

    <pats Gary on head> Good MVP! Wanna cookie?

    > KELLY! Any news?

    Nope, no word on Kelly et famille. Their local paper in Houma:
    http://www.houmatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/frontpage

    Terri's started a forum thread about them:
    http://www.houmatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/news_message?Category=FORUMS&ThemeID=1414&GroupID=41944&InReplyTo=513364

    Requires Cookies and...

    UserName: mickeymouse@mailinator.com
    PW: junky
    (from http://bugmenot.com)

    From other recent posts there:

    <QP>
    I READ ALOT OF PEOPLE CAN'T FIND FAMILY MEMBERS....I LIVE IN HOUMA...WE
    SUFFERED A FEW DAYS W/ NO LIGHTS...MOST GOT THEM ON TODAY...A FEW HOUSES
    HAVE TREES ON THEM.....NOTHING MAJOR.......OUR PHONES ARE STILL
    DOWN.....IT'S HARD TO CALL OUT......NO CELL PHONES EITHER......COMMUNICATION
    IS HARD.....BUT WE ARE SURVIVING......IF YOUR FAMILY HASNT CALLED THEY
    PROBELY CAN'T.....WE ARE MORE WORRIED ABOUT WHERE THE NEXT ICE TRUCK IS
    COMING OR GAS TRUCKS.......WE HAD NO DEATHS.......MINOR FLOODING AND MORE
    WIND DAMAGE THAN ANYTHING........JUST PRAY FOR NEW ORLEANS .....THEY NEED
    ALL THEY CAN GET......GOD BLESS YOU...........BRANDI

    Houma is doing just fine. A little wind damage in some areas and none in
    others. Most of Houma is still without power which means if they have
    cordless phones, they will not ring. Some areas do have phone lines down as
    well. Cell phones are hit and miss on getting a signal. But NO deathes or
    major injuries were reported due to storm. Hope this helps. Hell even
    WAL-Mart on the East side is open---GO Figure.
    </QP>

    Lack of internet access (Rogers Cable, I believe) must be driving her up a
    wall, God bless her.
    --
    ~Robear

    > <pats Gary on head> Good MVP! Wanna cookie?

    I didn't know that Bears patted except to show a friendly love for a meal!

    He's my pet Bear. Didn't you know?

    --
    Gary S. Terhune
    MS-MVP Shell/User

    "Gary S. Terhune" wrote:

    > He's my pet Bear. Didn't you know?
    >
    > --
    > Gary S. Terhune
    > MS-MVP Shell/User
    >
    > "jkb" <nospam> wrote in message news:uJ0eKSrrFHA.308@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    > >> <pats Gary on head> Good MVP! Wanna cookie?
    > >
    > > I didn't know that Bears patted except to show a friendly love for a meal!

    Looks like I left before the fun started.
    I too have friends in the mess. It is a hard thing to do, wait.
    Pats Gary's spare tire.
    Gives bear a bowl of porridge so he to can have a spare tire.

    jkb wrote:
    > > <pats Gary on head> Good MVP! Wanna cookie?
    >
    > I didn't know that Bears patted except to show a friendly love for a meal!

    Nah, GAry'd be too stringy to eat.

    ROFLMAO!!!

    Hey, since last time you saw me, I've developed a spare tire. The rest of me
    is still built like a string bean, of course. Just get goofier and goofier
    looking as time goes by.

    --
    Gary S. Terhune
    MS-MVP Shell/User

    > jkb wrote:
    >> > <pats Gary on head> Good MVP! Wanna cookie?
    >>
    >> I didn't know that Bears patted except to show a friendly love for a
    >> meal!
    >
    > Nah, GAry'd be too stringy to eat.
  20. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    > Hey, since last time you saw me, I've developed a spare tire. The rest of
    me
    > is still built like a string bean, of course. Just get goofier and goofier
    > looking as time goes by.

    Bears might eat spare tyres?
  21. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    > He's my pet Bear. Didn't you know?

    Is he on a leash?
  22. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    Heck no! He'd be yanking my arm off every time someone like you came near
    ;<)

    No, Pa Bear is a free agent. I just trained him, <eg>.

    --
    Gary S. Terhune
    MS-MVP Shell/User

    "jkb" <nospam> wrote in message news:OlAs8SxrFHA.332@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    >> He's my pet Bear. Didn't you know?
    >
    > Is he on a leash?

  23. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    > Heck no! He'd be yanking my arm off every time someone like you came near
    > ;<)

    Am I a scary type? Or just anti-bear, well I guess I don't bear up with
    them. :-)

    > No, Pa Bear is a free agent. I just trained him, <eg>.

    Using a chair and a whip?
  24. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    "jkb" <nospam> wrote in message
    >> Heck no! He'd be yanking my arm off every time someone like you came near
    >> ;<)
    >
    > Am I a scary type? Or just anti-bear, well I guess I don't bear up with
    > them. :-)

    He's just friendly... Trust me, <eg>.

    >> No, Pa Bear is a free agent. I just trained him, <eg>.
    >
    > Using a chair and a whip?

    Yup! I sat in the chair, then gave him the whip and pointed him to the NGs.
    "Sic 'em!"

    --
    Gary S. Terhune
    MS-MVP Shell/User

    > He's just friendly... Trust me, <eg>.

    How many times did he bite you in progress?

    > >> No, Pa Bear is a free agent. I just trained him, <eg>.
    > >
    > > Using a chair and a whip?
    >
    > Yup! I sat in the chair, then gave him the whip and pointed him to the
    NGs.
    > "Sic 'em!"

    LOL! Did he let you have the chair all to yourself? Or did he bark?
  26. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    Glad to hear Kelly's OK, hoping she was home at the time.

    --
    Thanks or Good Luck,
    PCR
    | Gary S. Terhune wrote:
    | > Believe me, my brain needs all the exercise it can get these days!
    | >
    | > Really, don't you think that my method of naming the new folder in
    OE
    | > using the same name as the DBX file is more elegant than renaming
    the
    | > file, and then later renaming the OE folder?
    | >
    | > Huh? Huh? Honest, I need all the backpats I can get.
    |
    | <pats Gary on head> Good MVP! Wanna cookie?
    |
    | > KELLY! Any news?
    |
    | Nope, no word on Kelly et famille. Their local paper in Houma:
    | http://www.houmatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/frontpage
    |
    | Terri's started a forum thread about them:

    http://www.houmatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/news_message?Category=FORUMS&ThemeID=1414&GroupID=41944&InReplyTo=513364

    | Requires Cookies and...
    |
    | UserName: mickeymouse@mailinator.com
    | PW: junky
    | (from http://bugmenot.com)
    |
    | From other recent posts there:
    |
    | <QP>
    | I READ ALOT OF PEOPLE CAN'T FIND FAMILY MEMBERS....I LIVE IN
    HOUMA...WE
    | SUFFERED A FEW DAYS W/ NO LIGHTS...MOST GOT THEM ON TODAY...A FEW
    HOUSES
    | HAVE TREES ON THEM.....NOTHING MAJOR.......OUR PHONES ARE STILL
    | DOWN.....IT'S HARD TO CALL OUT......NO CELL PHONES
    EITHER......COMMUNICATION
    | IS HARD.....BUT WE ARE SURVIVING......IF YOUR FAMILY HASNT CALLED THEY
    | PROBELY CAN'T.....WE ARE MORE WORRIED ABOUT WHERE THE NEXT ICE TRUCK
    IS
    | COMING OR GAS TRUCKS.......WE HAD NO DEATHS.......MINOR FLOODING AND
    MORE
    | WIND DAMAGE THAN ANYTHING........JUST PRAY FOR NEW ORLEANS .....THEY
    NEED
    | ALL THEY CAN GET......GOD BLESS YOU...........BRANDI
    |
    | Houma is doing just fine. A little wind damage in some areas and none
    in
    | others. Most of Houma is still without power which means if they have
    | cordless phones, they will not ring. Some areas do have phone lines
    down as
    | well. Cell phones are hit and miss on getting a signal. But NO deathes
    or
    | major injuries were reported due to storm. Hope this helps. Hell even
    | WAL-Mart on the East side is open---GO Figure.
    | </QP>
    |
    | Lack of internet access (Rogers Cable, I believe) must be driving her
    up a
    | wall, God bless her.
    | --
    | ~Robear

  27. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    http://basconotw.mvps.org/inq_results4.htm

    --

    Brian A. Sesko { MS MVP_Shell/User }
    http://basconotw.mvps.org/

    Suggested posting do's/don'ts: http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    > ROFLMAO!!!
    >
    > Hey, since last time you saw me, I've developed a spare tire. The rest of me
    > is still built like a string bean, of course. Just get goofier and goofier
    > looking as time goes by.
    >
    > --
    > Gary S. Terhune
    > MS-MVP Shell/User

    >>> I didn't know that Bears patted except to show a friendly love for a meal!
    >>
    >> Nah, GAry'd be too stringy to eat.

  28. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    LOL! 'Specially that last line, <g>.

    --
    Gary S. Terhune
    MS-MVP Shell/User

    "Brian A." <gonefish'n@afarawaylake> wrote in message
    > http://basconotw.mvps.org/inq_results4.htm
    >
    > --
    >
    > Brian A. Sesko { MS MVP_Shell/User }
    > http://basconotw.mvps.org/
    >
    > Suggested posting do's/don'ts: http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    >> ROFLMAO!!!
    >>
    >> Hey, since last time you saw me, I've developed a spare tire. The rest of
    >> me is still built like a string bean, of course. Just get goofier and
    >> goofier looking as time goes by.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Gary S. Terhune
    >> MS-MVP Shell/User
    >>
    >> "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message

    >>> Nah, GAry'd be too stringy to eat.

  29. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    | Where did your husband get the file? The associated Folder.dbx file
    from the
    | original location of your DBX needs to be present in the same folder
    in
    | order for Import to work. Folders.dbx is what the Import tool looks
    for,
    | first, to tell it all about other DBX files in the folder and provide
    you
    | with a list of possibilities. If you can get to that Folders.dbx, copy
    it to
    | the same folder where your target DBX is located.

    Yea, need that Folders.dbx, but it seems OE STILL will not Import a
    NewsGroup.dbx. It only works for a Local Folder. However, the procedure
    you describe below DID work to get a NG into a new Local Folder. I
    confirm it!

    | This should work (I just successfully tested the idea, but you never
    know.)
    | -- Open Outlook Express (OE).
    | -- Right-click on Local Folders in the Folders pane and create a new
    folder.
    | Name it *exactly* the same as your DBX file, sans the .DBX extension.
    | -- Open your Inbox and right-click any message, then choose Copy to
    | Folder... and copy it to the new folder (there needs to be at least
    one
    | message in a folder before OE will create a file for it.)
    | -- Go to Tools->Options->Maintenance tab and click on Store Folder
    button.
    | Write down the current path to your DBX store folder.
    | -- Exit OE and then use Windows Explorer to get to the Store Folder
    path you
    | previously wrote down.
    | --Copy your DBX file to that folder and confirm the overwrite.
    | --Open OE. Voila!
    |
    | Please let us know how it turned out.
    |
    | --
    | Gary S. Terhune
    | MS-MVP Shell/User
    |

    | "Bad Outlook" <Bad Outlook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | >I was reading your posts about news group messages and thought you
    might
    | >have
    | > the answer.
    | > My husband left me a DBX file with messages in it. I cannot seem to
    open
    | > it, import it to Outlook Express 6 or anything else but perhaps
    curse it.
    | > Any ideas on how I can get a look at these messages.

  30. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 17:24:42 -0700, "Gary S. Terhune"
    <grystnews@mvps.org> put finger to keyboard and composed:

    >LOL! I figured those guys had already figured that one out. I'm kind of
    >surprised that my current cerebral processes provided the Aha! that led me
    >to the same solution. (Such Aha!s are happening less & less frequently these
    >days.)

    Not too long ago an Australian lawyer was granted a patent on the
    wheel. IIRC, his application diagram was a sketch of a "billy cart".

    http://edition.cnn.com/2001/WORLD/asiapcf/auspac/07/02/australia.wheel/

    -- Franc Zabkar

  31. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    Heh, heh... Gotta get an application in for my new "multi-tined eating
    utensil" quick!

    --
    Gary S. Terhune
    MS-MVP Shell/User

    "Franc Zabkar" <fzabkar@iinternode.on.net> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 17:24:42 -0700, "Gary S. Terhune"
    > <grystnews@mvps.org> put finger to keyboard and composed:
    >
    >>LOL! I figured those guys had already figured that one out. I'm kind of
    >>surprised that my current cerebral processes provided the Aha! that led me
    >>to the same solution. (Such Aha!s are happening less & less frequently
    >>these
    >>days.)
    >
    > Not too long ago an Australian lawyer was granted a patent on the
    > wheel. IIRC, his application diagram was a sketch of a "billy cart".
    >
    > http://edition.cnn.com/2001/WORLD/asiapcf/auspac/07/02/australia.wheel/
    >

    > -- Franc Zabkar
    >
    > Please remove one 'i' from my address when replying by email.
  32. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    Yeah. Bears LOVE munching on peanuts, dontcha know.

    --
    Gary S. Terhune
    MS-MVP Shell/User

    > GAry et al. found me wandering in the Win98 woods several years ago. (And
    > no
    > wise cracks from the Peanut Gallery about what I was doing in those woods,
    > please).
    > --
    > ~Robear
    > www.whips?/kinky!.mvp
    >
    > Gary S. Terhune wrote:
    >> He's my pet Bear. Didn't you know?

    >> > I didn't know that Bears patted except to show a friendly love for a
    >> > meal!

  33. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    OMG, I never noticed the resemblence before!

    Brian A. wrote:
    > http://basconotw.mvps.org/inq_results4.htm
    >
    > > Hey, since last time you saw me, I've developed a spare tire. The rest
    > > of me is still built like a string bean, of course. Just get goofier
    > > and goofier looking as time goes by.
  34. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    Yeah, well Brian wasn't the first one.

    --
    Gary S. Terhune
    MS-MVP Shell/User

    > OMG, I never noticed the resemblence before!
    >
    > Brian A. wrote:
    >> http://basconotw.mvps.org/inq_results4.htm
    >>
    >> > Hey, since last time you saw me, I've developed a spare tire. The rest
    >> > of me is still built like a string bean, of course. Just get goofier
    >> > and goofier looking as time goes by.
  35. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    > GAry et al. found me wandering in the Win98 woods several years ago. (And
    no
    > wise cracks from the Peanut Gallery about what I was doing in those woods,
    > please).

    He must be out of place as that looks like a Polar Bear. :-?
  36. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    It was several hours after the last peanut that photo was shot!

    --
    Thanks or Good Luck,
    There may be humor in this post, and,
    | Yeah. Bears LOVE munching on peanuts, dontcha know.
    |
    | --
    | Gary S. Terhune
    | MS-MVP Shell/User
    |
    | "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
    | > GAry et al. found me wandering in the Win98 woods several years ago.
    (And
    | > no
    | > wise cracks from the Peanut Gallery about what I was doing in those
    woods,
    | > please).
    | > --
    | > ~Robear
    | > www.whips?/kinky!.mvp
    | >
    | > Gary S. Terhune wrote:
    | >> He's my pet Bear. Didn't you know?

  37. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

    Aren't you suppose to be farther away from the eye chart?

    --

    Brian A. Sesko { MS MVP_Shell/User }
    http://basconotw.mvps.org/

    Suggested posting do's/don'ts: http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    > GAry et al. found me wandering in the Win98 woods several years ago. (And no
    > wise cracks from the Peanut Gallery about what I was doing in those woods,
    > please).
    > --
    > ~Robear
    > www.whips?/kinky!.mvp