Best Proxy/Webwasher for home LAN

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion,microsoft.public.win98.internet (More info?)

Hi

I've a spare win98 machine, and I want to use it as a proxy
server/junkbuster/webwasher for my home lan.

I've used Squid/Privoxy combo before on a win nt machine but Squid sin't
supporte don Win98. Can anyone point me to alternatives for win98

Thanks

Simon
2 answers Last reply
More about best proxy webwasher home
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion,microsoft.public.win98.internet (More info?)

    In news:Ojb0GBtrFHA.3792@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
    Simon Woods <simonREMOVE1woods@virginREMOVE2.net> had this to say:

    > Hi
    >
    > I've a spare win98 machine, and I want to use it as a proxy
    > server/junkbuster/webwasher for my home lan.
    >
    > I've used Squid/Privoxy combo before on a win nt machine but Squid
    > sin't supporte don Win98. Can anyone point me to alternatives for
    > win98
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Simon

    Are you looking for something like this?

    http://www.snapfiles.com/get/webwasher.html

    I have yet to try it in server mode but it's nice in client mode.

    Galen

    Sherlock Holmes
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion,microsoft.public.win98.internet (More info?)

    Thanks ... that looks good!

    > In news:Ojb0GBtrFHA.3792@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
    > Simon Woods <simonREMOVE1woods@virginREMOVE2.net> had this to say:

    > > Hi
    > >
    > > I've a spare win98 machine, and I want to use it as a proxy
    > > server/junkbuster/webwasher for my home lan.
    > >
    > > I've used Squid/Privoxy combo before on a win nt machine but Squid
    > > sin't supporte don Win98. Can anyone point me to alternatives for
    > > win98
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > Simon
    >
    > Are you looking for something like this?
    >
    > http://www.snapfiles.com/get/webwasher.html
    >
    > I have yet to try it in server mode but it's nice in client mode.
    >
    > Galen
    > --
    >
    > "You know that a conjurer gets no credit when once he has explained his
    > trick; and if I show you too much of my method of working, you will
    > come to the conclusion that I am a very ordinary individual after all."
    >
    > Sherlock Holmes

LAN Microsoft Proxy Windows