Best Proxy/Webwasher for home LAN

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion,microsoft.public.win98.internet (More info?)

Hi

I've a spare win98 machine, and I want to use it as a proxy
server/junkbuster/webwasher for my home lan.

I've used Squid/Privoxy combo before on a win nt machine but Squid sin't
supporte don Win98. Can anyone point me to alternatives for win98

Thanks

Simon

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion,microsoft.public.win98.internet (More info?)

In news:Ojb0GBtrFHA.3792@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
Simon Woods <simonREMOVE1woods@virginREMOVE2.net> had this to say:

> Hi
>
> I've a spare win98 machine, and I want to use it as a proxy
> server/junkbuster/webwasher for my home lan.
>
> I've used Squid/Privoxy combo before on a win nt machine but Squid
> sin't supporte don Win98. Can anyone point me to alternatives for
> win98
>
> Thanks
>
> Simon

Are you looking for something like this?

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/webwasher.html

I have yet to try it in server mode but it's nice in client mode.

Galen

Sherlock Holmes

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion,microsoft.public.win98.internet (More info?)

Thanks ... that looks good!