Missing DLL File - msnp.dll

Recently I had to reformat my HD. As far as I know, I reinstalled everyting
correctly, but apparently something did not go right. I now get the
following message just before Win98 is loaded and I have to click OK to
proceed with loading Win98:

Unable to load DLL
msnp.dll
System cannot find the file specified.
Some or all of the following feature are not available
Microsoft Network

Can anyone help out with this?

Thanks,
Les
3 answers Last reply
More about missing file msnp

    Maybe one of these articles will help:

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=243431

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=302590

    --
    Regards

    Ron Badour, MS MVP for W98
    Tips: http://home.satx.rr.com/badour
    Knowledge Base Info:

    "WLMPilot" <WLMPilot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Recently I had to reformat my HD. As far as I know, I reinstalled
    > everyting
    > correctly, but apparently something did not go right. I now get the
    > following message just before Win98 is loaded and I have to click OK to
    > proceed with loading Win98:
    >
    > Unable to load DLL
    > msnp.dll
    > System cannot find the file specified.
    > Some or all of the following feature are not available
    > Microsoft Network
    >
    > Can anyone help out with this?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Les

    "WLMPilot" <WLMPilot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Recently I had to reformat my HD. As far as I know, I reinstalled
    everyting
    > correctly, but apparently something did not go right. I now get the
    > following message just before Win98 is loaded and I have to click OK to
    > proceed with loading Win98:
    >
    > Unable to load DLL
    > msnp.dll
    > System cannot find the file specified.
    > Some or all of the following feature are not available
    > Microsoft Network

    This item is not listed at MS's DLL page
    http://support.microsoft.com/dllhelp/?dlltype=file&l=55&pid=1248&vid=195640&alpha=&S=0

    1. When did you last run a virus check?
    2. What sort of problem required reformatting ?

    --
    Don Phillipson
    Carlsbad Springs

    Thank you both for your response. Right after I posted this message, I
    decided to reinstall WIN-98. That took care of the error. However, I now
    have another error. I will post it as a new question with the subject being
    "Runtime Error 403". If you have any input on that, I would appreciate it.

    Thanks,
    Les

    "Don Phillipson" wrote:

    > "WLMPilot" <WLMPilot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Recently I had to reformat my HD. As far as I know, I reinstalled
    > everyting
    > > correctly, but apparently something did not go right. I now get the
    > > following message just before Win98 is loaded and I have to click OK to
    > > proceed with loading Win98:
    > >
    > > Unable to load DLL
    > > msnp.dll
    > > System cannot find the file specified.
    > > Some or all of the following feature are not available
    > > Microsoft Network
    >
    > This item is not listed at MS's DLL page
    > http://support.microsoft.com/dllhelp/?dlltype=file&l=55&pid=1248&vid=195640&alpha=&S=0
    >
    > 1. When did you last run a virus check?
    > 2. What sort of problem required reformatting ?
    >
    > --
    > Don Phillipson
    > Carlsbad Springs
    > (Ottawa, Canada)