vnetsup.vxd

Anyone know how to restore this file without a Win 98 CD?

This file has been coming up when I boot up.
4 answers Last reply
More about vnetsup

    "Ryan" <microsoft@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Anyone know how to restore this file without a Win 98 CD?
    >
    > This file has been coming up when I boot up.

    Read

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q137454/

    See if it applies.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;302590&Product=w98
    "Unable to Load the Dynamic Link Library" Error Message When You Install
    Drivers or Utilities
    (302590) - When you attempt to install device drivers or utilities on
    your computer, you may receive the following error message: VNETSUP.VXD,
    VREDIR.VXD, DFS.VXD... MSNP32.DLL - Unable to load the dynamic link
    library: MSNP32.DLL the System cannot find the...

    ......Quote..........
    SYMPTOMS
    When you attempt to install device drivers or utilities on your
    computer, you may receive the following error message:

    VNETSUP.VXD, VREDIR.VXD, DFS.VXD... MSNP32.DLL - Unable to load the
    dynamic link library: MSNP32.DLL the System cannot find the specified
    file. Some, or all, of the following feature is not available: Microsoft
    Network.

    CAUSE
    This behavior can occur if your networking components are configured
    incorrectly.

    RESOLUTION
    To resolve this issue, remove and then reinstall Client for Microsoft
    Networks. To do this, follow these steps:

    1. Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
    2. In Control Panel, double-click Network.
    3. In the Network dialog box, select Client for Microsoft Networks, and
    then click Remove.
    4. In the Network dialog box, click OK, and then click Yes to restart
    your computer.
    5. Repeat steps 1 and 2.
    6. In the Network dialog box, click Add.
    7. In the Select Network Component Type dialog box, click Client, and
    then click Add.
    8. In the Select Network Client dialog box, click Microsoft under
    Manufacturers.
    9. Under Network Clients, select Client for Microsoft Networks, and then
    click OK.
    10. In the Network dialog box, click OK.
    11. Click Yes to restart your computer.

    NOTE: You may be asked to insert your network CD-ROM. If you do not have
    a network CD-ROM, contact your network administrator for your specific
    network settings.
    ......End quote..of Q302590....

    --
    Thanks or Good Luck,
    There may be humor in this post, and,
    "Ryan" <microsoft@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | Anyone know how to restore this file without a Win 98 CD?
    |
    | This file has been coming up when I boot up.

    You won't need an installation CD, if the .cab's are on the hard
    drive...

    "START button, Find, F/F, Win98*.cab" (That's *-dot-cab.)

    If 55 of them show up, the folder that contains them is a copy of the
    Installation CD. Likely, Windows will know this already. Otherwise, when
    a CD is requested, direct the requestor to that folder.

    --
    Thanks or Good Luck,
    There may be humor in this post, and,
    Naturally, you will not sue,
    should things get worse after this,
    PCR
    pcrrcp@netzero.net
    "Ryan" <microsoft@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | Anyone know how to restore this file without a Win 98 CD?
    |
    | This file has been coming up when I boot up.

    Hello,

    "Ryan" <microsoft@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Anyone know how to restore this file without a Win 98 CD?
    >
    > This file has been coming up when I boot up.

    You can use dsclient.exe (Directory Services client for Windows 95/98),
    which will update/create some system files (vnetsup.vxd, vredir.vxd,
    secur32.dll, ...)
    Aftre restart you can remove Directory Services (updated/repaired system
    files will remain in your windows system folder :)
    http://www.catalyst.com/download/support.html

    Best regards, Roman

Microsoft Windows