vnetsup.vxd

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
Share
September 3, 2005 11:38:44 PM

Anyone know how to restore this file without a Win 98 CD?

This file has been coming up when I boot up.

More about : vnetsup vxd

Anonymous
September 4, 2005 12:06:11 AM

"Ryan" <microsoft@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Anyone know how to restore this file without a Win 98 CD?
>
> This file has been coming up when I boot up.

Read

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q137454/

See if it applies.
Anonymous
September 4, 2005 10:54:37 PM

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;302590&Product=w98
"Unable to Load the Dynamic Link Library" Error Message When You Install
Drivers or Utilities
(302590) - When you attempt to install device drivers or utilities on
your computer, you may receive the following error message: VNETSUP.VXD,
VREDIR.VXD, DFS.VXD... MSNP32.DLL - Unable to load the dynamic link
library: MSNP32.DLL the System cannot find the...

......Quote..........
SYMPTOMS
When you attempt to install device drivers or utilities on your
computer, you may receive the following error message:

VNETSUP.VXD, VREDIR.VXD, DFS.VXD... MSNP32.DLL - Unable to load the
dynamic link library: MSNP32.DLL the System cannot find the specified
file. Some, or all, of the following feature is not available: Microsoft
Network.

CAUSE
This behavior can occur if your networking components are configured
incorrectly.

RESOLUTION
To resolve this issue, remove and then reinstall Client for Microsoft
Networks. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
2. In Control Panel, double-click Network.
3. In the Network dialog box, select Client for Microsoft Networks, and
then click Remove.
4. In the Network dialog box, click OK, and then click Yes to restart
your computer.
5. Repeat steps 1 and 2.
6. In the Network dialog box, click Add.
7. In the Select Network Component Type dialog box, click Client, and
then click Add.
8. In the Select Network Client dialog box, click Microsoft under
Manufacturers.
9. Under Network Clients, select Client for Microsoft Networks, and then
click OK.
10. In the Network dialog box, click OK.
11. Click Yes to restart your computer.

NOTE: You may be asked to insert your network CD-ROM. If you do not have
a network CD-ROM, contact your network administrator for your specific
network settings.
......End quote..of Q302590....

--
Thanks or Good Luck,
There may be humor in this post, and,
"Ryan" <microsoft@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Anyone know how to restore this file without a Win 98 CD?
|
| This file has been coming up when I boot up.

Anonymous
September 4, 2005 11:02:22 PM

You won't need an installation CD, if the .cab's are on the hard
drive...

"START button, Find, F/F, Win98*.cab" (That's *-dot-cab.)

If 55 of them show up, the folder that contains them is a copy of the
Installation CD. Likely, Windows will know this already. Otherwise, when
a CD is requested, direct the requestor to that folder.

--
Thanks or Good Luck,
There may be humor in this post, and,
Naturally, you will not sue,
should things get worse after this,
PCR
pcrrcp@netzero.net
"Ryan" <microsoft@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Anyone know how to restore this file without a Win 98 CD?
|
| This file has been coming up when I boot up.

Anonymous
September 7, 2005 1:57:42 AM

Hello,

"Ryan" <microsoft@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Anyone know how to restore this file without a Win 98 CD?
>
> This file has been coming up when I boot up.

You can use dsclient.exe (Directory Services client for Windows 95/98),
which will update/create some system files (vnetsup.vxd, vredir.vxd,
secur32.dll, ...)
Aftre restart you can remove Directory Services (updated/repaired system
files will remain in your windows system folder :)
http://www.catalyst.com/download/support.html

Best regards, Roman
!