graphics gone bad

Maybe someone that has a GF 6800gt 256mb card could tell me what
setting they use on their fs9 and how the sliders are set up. My
graphics are a mess, even my default setting look bad. Clouds are green
at night, and the dark areas look like some one wiped my screen with a
rag and didn’t dry it.

Any help would be an improvement as what I have now.

Thanks in advance

More about graphics

    >Maybe someone that has a GF 6800gt 256mb card could tell me what
    >setting they use on their fs9 and how the sliders are set up. My
    >graphics are a mess, even my default setting look bad. Clouds are green
    >at night, and the dark areas look like some one wiped my screen with a
    >rag and didn’t dry it.
    >
    >Any help would be an improvement as what I have now.

    Rather looks like the video drivers are in need of being removed and
    installed cleanly rather than any settings causing these...

    ===
    Best Regards
    Katy

    Katy I did remove and reinstall the drivers, I just hoping I did it the
    right way?

    Thanks Katy I’m glad you saw this post you’re the best helper there is
    out there!!

    Dennis

    Gday Dohallo

    I've a 6800GT 128Mb (I don't think theres much difference). These are my
    settings
    Scenery:
    Terrain mesh complexity 45
    Terrain texture size High
    Terrain detail Land & Water
    Water effect Low
    Dawn dusk texture blending Off
    Extended terrain textures Off
    Special effect detail High
    Scenery complexity Very Dense
    Autogen density Dense
    Add on dynamic scenery Off
    Ground scenery ccasts shadows Off
    Sun glare On
    Lens flare On
    Aircraft:
    Virtual cockpit gauge quality High
    Reflections On
    Aircraft cast shadows On
    Landing lights On
    Weather:
    Sight distance 90 miles/144km
    Cloud draw distance 50 miles/80km
    3D cloud % 80
    Detailed clouds
    Cloud coverage density High
    Hardware:
    1280x1024x32
    Render to texture On
    Transform and lighting On
    Anti aliasing Off
    Filtering Bilinear
    MIP mapping 4
    Hardware rendered lights 6
    Global max texture size High

    I haven't really fiddled with it much since I installed it. Everything looks
    great and it runs smooth as silk so I just leave it as is. If these don't
    help ,just hit the ole "Reset Defaults" button and see if it fixes your
    problem

    Bryan

    ""dohallo" <dohallo@forums.simradar.com> wrote in message
    > Maybe someone that has a GF 6800gt 256mb card could tell me what
    > setting they use on their fs9 and how the sliders are set up. My
    > graphics are a mess, even my default setting look bad. Clouds are green
    > at night, and the dark areas look like some one wiped my screen with a
    > rag and didn't dry it.
    >
    > Any help would be an improvement as what I have now.
    >

    > Thanks in advance

    Bryan,

    With a card like that I would push the settings a way up. I have a Radeon
    9800 Pro 128mb and have most settings at max except weather which is at
    high, scenery and auto complexity at very dense, terrain mesh at 100%, water
    effects high, mip mapping at 8, lights at 8, global texture at max,
    resolution at 1152 x 864 (32 bit colour) and it runs pretty smoothly and
    looks great. What processor do you have?

    Ibby

    "Bryan" <Idontthinkso@tim.com> wrote in message
    > Gday Dohallo
    >
    > I've a 6800GT 128Mb (I don't think theres much difference). These are my
    > settings
    > Scenery:
    > Terrain mesh complexity 45
    > Terrain texture size High
    > Terrain detail Land & Water
    > Water effect Low
    > Dawn dusk texture blending Off
    > Extended terrain textures Off
    > Special effect detail High
    > Scenery complexity Very Dense
    > Autogen density Dense
    > Add on dynamic scenery Off
    > Ground scenery ccasts shadows Off
    > Sun glare On
    > Lens flare On
    > Aircraft:
    > Virtual cockpit gauge quality High
    > Reflections On
    > Aircraft cast shadows On
    > Landing lights On
    > Weather:
    > Sight distance 90 miles/144km
    > Cloud draw distance 50 miles/80km
    > 3D cloud % 80
    > Detailed clouds
    > Cloud coverage density High
    > Hardware:
    > 1280x1024x32
    > Render to texture On
    > Transform and lighting On
    > Anti aliasing Off
    > Filtering Bilinear
    > MIP mapping 4
    > Hardware rendered lights 6
    > Global max texture size High
    >
    > I haven't really fiddled with it much since I installed it. Everything
    > looks great and it runs smooth as silk so I just leave it as is. If these
    > don't help ,just hit the ole "Reset Defaults" button and see if it fixes
    > your problem
    >
    > Bryan
    >
    > ""dohallo" <dohallo@forums.simradar.com> wrote in message
    >> Maybe someone that has a GF 6800gt 256mb card could tell me what
    >> setting they use on their fs9 and how the sliders are set up. My
    >> graphics are a mess, even my default setting look bad. Clouds are green
    >> at night, and the dark areas look like some one wiped my screen with a
    >> rag and didn't dry it.
    >>
    >> Any help would be an improvement as what I have now.
    >>

    >> Thanks in advance

    Thank you Bryan, That worked a lot better, but still has that washed
    outlook in the night shorts. The 1280x1024x32 makes my gauges hard to
    read?

    Thanks Ibby, I pushed it all the way, but at night all the ground
    lights fliker to much.

    My processor is a AMD 64 3500+Athlon with 2 DDR CRSR 512MB Ram

    Dennis

    Gday Ibby

    Yep,I should crank it up further (might be a good job for this weekend).
    The card is hooked up to a P4 3.0Ghz with 1Gb ram . Haven't been flying much
    lately since Battlefield 2 came out lol
    (I try to fly the apaches as much as possible, though heat seekers usually
    limit my flights to about 60 seconds lol)

    Bryan

    "Ibby (The Artist Formally Known as Chris)" <chris@mwapartnership.co.uk>
    wrote in message news:dcvu2j$m6r$1@nwrdmz01.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
    > Bryan,
    >
    > With a card like that I would push the settings a way up. I have a Radeon
    > 9800 Pro 128mb and have most settings at max except weather which is at
    > high, scenery and auto complexity at very dense, terrain mesh at 100%,
    > water effects high, mip mapping at 8, lights at 8, global texture at max,
    > resolution at 1152 x 864 (32 bit colour) and it runs pretty smoothly and
    > looks great. What processor do you have?
    >
    > Ibby
    >
    > "Bryan" <Idontthinkso@tim.com> wrote in message
    >> Gday Dohallo
    >>
    >> I've a 6800GT 128Mb (I don't think theres much difference). These are my
    >> settings
    >> Scenery:
    >> Terrain mesh complexity 45
    >> Terrain texture size High
    >> Terrain detail Land & Water
    >> Water effect Low
    >> Dawn dusk texture blending Off
    >> Extended terrain textures Off
    >> Special effect detail High
    >> Scenery complexity Very Dense
    >> Autogen density Dense
    >> Add on dynamic scenery Off
    >> Ground scenery ccasts shadows Off
    >> Sun glare On
    >> Lens flare On
    >> Aircraft:
    >> Virtual cockpit gauge quality High
    >> Reflections On
    >> Aircraft cast shadows On
    >> Landing lights On
    >> Weather:
    >> Sight distance 90 miles/144km
    >> Cloud draw distance 50 miles/80km
    >> 3D cloud % 80
    >> Detailed clouds
    >> Cloud coverage density High
    >> Hardware:
    >> 1280x1024x32
    >> Render to texture On
    >> Transform and lighting On
    >> Anti aliasing Off
    >> Filtering Bilinear
    >> MIP mapping 4
    >> Hardware rendered lights 6
    >> Global max texture size High
    >>
    >> I haven't really fiddled with it much since I installed it. Everything
    >> looks great and it runs smooth as silk so I just leave it as is. If
    >> these don't help ,just hit the ole "Reset Defaults" button and see if it
    >> fixes your problem
    >>
    >> Bryan
    >>
    >> ""dohallo" <dohallo@forums.simradar.com> wrote in message
    >>> Maybe someone that has a GF 6800gt 256mb card could tell me what
    >>> setting they use on their fs9 and how the sliders are set up. My
    >>> graphics are a mess, even my default setting look bad. Clouds are green
    >>> at night, and the dark areas look like some one wiped my screen with a
    >>> rag and didn't dry it.
    >>>
    >>> Any help would be an improvement as what I have now.
    >>>

    >>> Thanks in advance

    I use that resoution because of the LCD monitor. You might be better at a
    lower res depending on your monitor which may need tweaking itself
    (brightness,gamma etc)

    > Thank you Bryan, That worked a lot better, but still has that washed
    > outlook in the night shorts. The 1280x1024x32 makes my gauges hard to
    > read?

Microsoft Graphics Video Games