graphics gone bad

Last response: in Video Games
August 5, 2005 11:00:06 AM

Maybe someone that has a GF 6800gt 256mb card could tell me what
setting they use on their fs9 and how the sliders are set up. My
graphics are a mess, even my default setting look bad. Clouds are green
at night, and the dark areas look like some one wiped my screen with a
rag and didn’t dry it.

Any help would be an improvement as what I have now.

Thanks in advance

More about : graphics bad

Anonymous
August 5, 2005 1:37:07 PM

>Maybe someone that has a GF 6800gt 256mb card could tell me what
>setting they use on their fs9 and how the sliders are set up. My
>graphics are a mess, even my default setting look bad. Clouds are green
>at night, and the dark areas look like some one wiped my screen with a
>rag and didn’t dry it.
>
>Any help would be an improvement as what I have now.

Rather looks like the video drivers are in need of being removed and
installed cleanly rather than any settings causing these...

===
Best Regards
Katy
Anonymous
August 6, 2005 1:27:06 AM

Katy I did remove and reinstall the drivers, I just hoping I did it the
right way?

Thanks Katy I’m glad you saw this post you’re the best helper there is
out there!!

Dennis

August 6, 2005 4:09:48 AM

Gday Dohallo

I've a 6800GT 128Mb (I don't think theres much difference). These are my
settings
Scenery:
Terrain mesh complexity 45
Terrain texture size High
Terrain detail Land & Water
Water effect Low
Dawn dusk texture blending Off
Extended terrain textures Off
Special effect detail High
Scenery complexity Very Dense
Autogen density Dense
Add on dynamic scenery Off
Ground scenery ccasts shadows Off
Sun glare On
Lens flare On
Aircraft:
Virtual cockpit gauge quality High
Reflections On
Aircraft cast shadows On
Landing lights On
Weather:
Sight distance 90 miles/144km
Cloud draw distance 50 miles/80km
3D cloud % 80
Detailed clouds
Cloud coverage density High
Hardware:
1280x1024x32
Render to texture On
Transform and lighting On
Anti aliasing Off
Filtering Bilinear
MIP mapping 4
Hardware rendered lights 6
Global max texture size High

I haven't really fiddled with it much since I installed it. Everything looks
great and it runs smooth as silk so I just leave it as is. If these don't
help ,just hit the ole "Reset Defaults" button and see if it fixes your
problem

Bryan

""dohallo" <dohallo@forums.simradar.com> wrote in message
> Maybe someone that has a GF 6800gt 256mb card could tell me what
> setting they use on their fs9 and how the sliders are set up. My
> graphics are a mess, even my default setting look bad. Clouds are green
> at night, and the dark areas look like some one wiped my screen with a
> rag and didn't dry it.
>
> Any help would be an improvement as what I have now.
>

> Thanks in advance

August 6, 2005 4:09:49 AM

Bryan,

With a card like that I would push the settings a way up. I have a Radeon
9800 Pro 128mb and have most settings at max except weather which is at
high, scenery and auto complexity at very dense, terrain mesh at 100%, water
effects high, mip mapping at 8, lights at 8, global texture at max,
resolution at 1152 x 864 (32 bit colour) and it runs pretty smoothly and
looks great. What processor do you have?

Ibby

"Bryan" <Idontthinkso@tim.com> wrote in message
news:D cvrv9$1kds$1@otis.netspace.net.au...
> Gday Dohallo
>
> I've a 6800GT 128Mb (I don't think theres much difference). These are my
> settings
> Scenery:
> Terrain mesh complexity 45
> Terrain texture size High
> Terrain detail Land & Water
> Water effect Low
> Dawn dusk texture blending Off
> Extended terrain textures Off
> Special effect detail High
> Scenery complexity Very Dense
> Autogen density Dense
> Add on dynamic scenery Off
> Ground scenery ccasts shadows Off
> Sun glare On
> Lens flare On
> Aircraft:
> Virtual cockpit gauge quality High
> Reflections On
> Aircraft cast shadows On
> Landing lights On
> Weather:
> Sight distance 90 miles/144km
> Cloud draw distance 50 miles/80km
> 3D cloud % 80
> Detailed clouds
> Cloud coverage density High
> Hardware:
> 1280x1024x32
> Render to texture On
> Transform and lighting On
> Anti aliasing Off
> Filtering Bilinear
> MIP mapping 4
> Hardware rendered lights 6
> Global max texture size High
>
> I haven't really fiddled with it much since I installed it. Everything
> looks great and it runs smooth as silk so I just leave it as is. If these
> don't help ,just hit the ole "Reset Defaults" button and see if it fixes
> your problem
>
> Bryan
>
> ""dohallo" <dohallo@forums.simradar.com> wrote in message
>> Maybe someone that has a GF 6800gt 256mb card could tell me what
>> setting they use on their fs9 and how the sliders are set up. My
>> graphics are a mess, even my default setting look bad. Clouds are green
>> at night, and the dark areas look like some one wiped my screen with a
>> rag and didn't dry it.
>>
>> Any help would be an improvement as what I have now.
>>

>> Thanks in advance

August 6, 2005 4:09:49 AM

Thank you Bryan, That worked a lot better, but still has that washed
outlook in the night shorts. The 1280x1024x32 makes my gauges hard to
read?

August 6, 2005 4:09:50 AM

Thanks Ibby, I pushed it all the way, but at night all the ground
lights fliker to much.

My processor is a AMD 64 3500+Athlon with 2 DDR CRSR 512MB Ram

Dennis

August 6, 2005 1:48:04 PM

Gday Ibby

Yep,I should crank it up further (might be a good job for this weekend).
The card is hooked up to a P4 3.0Ghz with 1Gb ram . Haven't been flying much
lately since Battlefield 2 came out lol
(I try to fly the apaches as much as possible, though heat seekers usually
limit my flights to about 60 seconds lol)

Bryan

"Ibby (The Artist Formally Known as Chris)" <chris@mwapartnership.co.uk>
wrote in message news:D cvu2j$m6r$1@nwrdmz01.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
> Bryan,
>
> With a card like that I would push the settings a way up. I have a Radeon
> 9800 Pro 128mb and have most settings at max except weather which is at
> high, scenery and auto complexity at very dense, terrain mesh at 100%,
> water effects high, mip mapping at 8, lights at 8, global texture at max,
> resolution at 1152 x 864 (32 bit colour) and it runs pretty smoothly and
> looks great. What processor do you have?
>
> Ibby
>
> "Bryan" <Idontthinkso@tim.com> wrote in message
> news:D cvrv9$1kds$1@otis.netspace.net.au...
>> Gday Dohallo
>>
>> I've a 6800GT 128Mb (I don't think theres much difference). These are my
>> settings
>> Scenery:
>> Terrain mesh complexity 45
>> Terrain texture size High
>> Terrain detail Land & Water
>> Water effect Low
>> Dawn dusk texture blending Off
>> Extended terrain textures Off
>> Special effect detail High
>> Scenery complexity Very Dense
>> Autogen density Dense
>> Add on dynamic scenery Off
>> Ground scenery ccasts shadows Off
>> Sun glare On
>> Lens flare On
>> Aircraft:
>> Virtual cockpit gauge quality High
>> Reflections On
>> Aircraft cast shadows On
>> Landing lights On
>> Weather:
>> Sight distance 90 miles/144km
>> Cloud draw distance 50 miles/80km
>> 3D cloud % 80
>> Detailed clouds
>> Cloud coverage density High
>> Hardware:
>> 1280x1024x32
>> Render to texture On
>> Transform and lighting On
>> Anti aliasing Off
>> Filtering Bilinear
>> MIP mapping 4
>> Hardware rendered lights 6
>> Global max texture size High
>>
>> I haven't really fiddled with it much since I installed it. Everything
>> looks great and it runs smooth as silk so I just leave it as is. If
>> these don't help ,just hit the ole "Reset Defaults" button and see if it
>> fixes your problem
>>
>> Bryan
>>
>> ""dohallo" <dohallo@forums.simradar.com> wrote in message
>>> Maybe someone that has a GF 6800gt 256mb card could tell me what
>>> setting they use on their fs9 and how the sliders are set up. My
>>> graphics are a mess, even my default setting look bad. Clouds are green
>>> at night, and the dark areas look like some one wiped my screen with a
>>> rag and didn't dry it.
>>>
>>> Any help would be an improvement as what I have now.
>>>

>>> Thanks in advance

August 6, 2005 6:02:00 PM

I use that resoution because of the LCD monitor. You might be better at a
lower res depending on your monitor which may need tweaking itself
(brightness,gamma etc)

> Thank you Bryan, That worked a lot better, but still has that washed
> outlook in the night shorts. The 1280x1024x32 makes my gauges hard to
> read?

August 6, 2005 6:02:01 PM

LCD monitor did you get?