Price for genuine Canon pixma IP4000 cartridges?

Suppose I want to buy a complete set of these 5 cartridges.

What would be a good price for them.

I intend to look on EBAY and other sources, but I'm not sure what would be a
good price. I know it would be about $60-$65. on the Canon site.

MB

Pete

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 01:48:54 -0500, "MB_" <mel@prodigy.invalid.net> wrote:

>Suppose I want to buy a complete set of these 5 cartridges.
>
>What would be a good price for them.
>
>I intend to look on EBAY and other sources, but I'm not sure what would be a
>good price. I know it would be about $60-$65. on the Canon site.

Hundreds of retailers and price lists : google

"MB_" <mel@prodigy.invalid.net> wrote in message
> Suppose I want to buy a complete set of these 5 cartridges.
>
> What would be a good price for them.
>
> I intend to look on EBAY and other sources, but I'm not sure what would be
> a good price. I know it would be about $60-$65. on the Canon site.
>
> MB

And you live in what country?? This kind of shopping around you can easily
do online - just look up a few discount computer stores.

Why do you want to buy a 'set'? Surely the beauty of individual cartridges
is that you only need to replace them as they become empty - for instance if
you largely do only photos or only do documents, you will hardly use one of
the black ink tanks.

Caitlin:

Yes, I've thought of that. But, OTOH, it would be a PAIN if one cartridge
goes and 4 weeks later another goes, etc. etc. etc.

If that's the way it happens then I would just as soon BUY a complete set,
have the set on hand, and THEN replace them individually.

MB
"Caitlin" <caitlin_online_spamtrap@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "MB_" <mel@prodigy.invalid.net> wrote in message
>> Suppose I want to buy a complete set of these 5 cartridges.
>>
>> What would be a good price for them.
>>
>> I intend to look on EBAY and other sources, but I'm not sure what would
>> be a good price. I know it would be about $60-$65. on the Canon site.
>>
>> MB
>

> And you live in what country?? This kind of shopping around you can easily
> do online - just look up a few discount computer stores.
>
> Why do you want to buy a 'set'? Surely the beauty of individual cartridges
> is that you only need to replace them as they become empty - for instance
> if you largely do only photos or only do documents, you will hardly use
> one of the black ink tanks.

You will find that there is some sort of price control out there or what
ever legal name you want to give to price fixing. All of the prices on
OEM Canon ink cartridges are within .75 U.S. cents of each other. The
only way to save is to buy out of state and save 8% tax and maybe 5% in
price if they do not charge for shipping. Not a big deal. Who needs to
stock up at those prices? You might as well go down to a local store
and buy as needed. Then if you print head goes bad you are not married
to the same mfg.

Caitlin wrote:

>"MB_" <mel@prodigy.invalid.net> wrote in message
>

>>Suppose I want to buy a complete set of these 5 cartridges.
>>
>>What would be a good price for them.
>>
>>I intend to look on EBAY and other sources, but I'm not sure what would be
>>a good price. I know it would be about $60-$65. on the Canon site.
>>
>>MB
>>

>And you live in what country?? This kind of shopping around you can easily
>do online - just look up a few discount computer stores.
>
>Why do you want to buy a 'set'? Surely the beauty of individual cartridges
>is that you only need to replace them as they become empty - for instance if
>you largely do only photos or only do documents, you will hardly use one of
>the black ink tanks.

"MB_" <mel@prodigy.invalid.net> wrote in message
> Suppose I want to buy a complete set of these 5 cartridges.
>
> What would be a good price for them.
>
> I intend to look on EBAY and other sources, but I'm not sure what would be
> a good price. I know it would be about $60-$65. on the Canon site.

I have always found for one time purchases that Sam's Club, Costco or BJ's
are best.

Another trick I have learned is that as I order from OfficeMax.com this also
seems to result in a semi regular pattern of "$20 Off your next purchase of
$50 or more" coupon cards showing up in my mail. With a set of inks costing
about $50+ , I often get them for around $30 using these coupons.

Of course 'Google' is another could source for pricing.

MB_ wrote:
> Suppose I want to buy a complete set of these 5 cartridges.
>
> What would be a good price for them.
>
> I intend to look on EBAY and other sources, but I'm not sure what would be a
> good price. I know it would be about $60-$65. on the Canon site.
>
> MB

I pay about $11.50 (US$8.70) on eBay from seller 'lankacrafts' per cartridge
which includes shipping to Australia. If you are in the USA it will probably be
a bit under US$8.00.

That's very good, considering here in Australia they are at least AU$24.95 (217%
of the eBay price).

My Digital World:
Kodak DX6490, Canon i9950, Pioneer A05;
Hitachi 37" HD plasma display, DGTEC 2000A,
Denon 2800, H/K AVR4500, Whatmough Encore;
Sony Ericsson K700i, Palm Tungsten T.

Disclaimer:
given nor endorsed by it.