getting rid of stubborn files

I tried loading WordPro 97 into my new computer which
runs XP Home Edition in spite of being warned about
possible incompatibility. Of course, it didn't function
correctly, so I attempted to uninstall it. This was not
successful, but I then tried uninstalling with Nortion
Utilities Clean Sweep. This was largely, but
incompletely successful. I am now left with two files in
the wordpro folder, which lies in the lotus folder within
the windows folder. The files are ltsstart.exe,
apparently a quickstart program and a library file for
it. When I attept to delete either one or either folder,
I am told to check if they are being used. How can I get
rid of these files?
2 answers Last reply
More about getting stubborn files

    Using a boot disc (floppy or CD) boot into DOS.
    Then delete the files.

    Steve

    On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 13:00:43 -0700, "Joe Carroll" <jcrrll@cox.net>
    wrote:

    >I tried loading WordPro 97 into my new computer which
    >runs XP Home Edition in spite of being warned about
    >possible incompatibility. Of course, it didn't function
    >correctly, so I attempted to uninstall it. This was not
    >successful, but I then tried uninstalling with Nortion
    >Utilities Clean Sweep. This was largely, but
    >incompletely successful. I am now left with two files in
    >the wordpro folder, which lies in the lotus folder within
    >the windows folder. The files are ltsstart.exe,
    >apparently a quickstart program and a library file for
    >it. When I attept to delete either one or either folder,
    >I am told to check if they are being used. How can I get
    >rid of these files?

    Rename, reboot, delete

    War on the Pachyderms Terrorists
    http://www.counterpunch.org/wilson09012004.html
    "Joe Carroll" <jcrrll@cox.net> wrote in message news:1bde01c49b5e$af0c0c50$a601280a@phx.gbl...
    > I tried loading WordPro 97 into my new computer which
    > runs XP Home Edition in spite of being warned about
    > possible incompatibility. Of course, it didn't function
    > correctly, so I attempted to uninstall it. This was not
    > successful, but I then tried uninstalling with Nortion
    > Utilities Clean Sweep. This was largely, but
    > incompletely successful. I am now left with two files in
    > the wordpro folder, which lies in the lotus folder within
    > the windows folder. The files are ltsstart.exe,
    > apparently a quickstart program and a library file for
    > it. When I attept to delete either one or either folder,
    > I am told to check if they are being used. How can I get
    > rid of these files?

Microsoft Windows XP