Asus A8N-E Lan/Downloading problems

neophase

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2006
Greetings,

I have recently gotten a hold of this new system from NCIX, and the motherboard is the 'ASUS A8N-E motherboard ATX S939 NFORCE4 Ultra DDR PCI-E16 PCI-E 2PCI-E1 3PCI SATA RAID Sound GBLAN'.

This motherboard came with a pre-installed tower, the whole package.

----------------------

Problem:
I go to download normal files from download.com, say, winamp, winrar, winzip, tigergaming texas hold'em, ewido, hijackthis, d2 expansion update, msn messenger, adware, spybot s&d... etc.
The files download onto my desktop, but when I go to run it, the files are corrupted, inpartial downloads, and it tells me to redownload.
I have downloaded these files before without problem, and I know it's not the source of these files where I am downloading from that is the problem (download.com is not the problem, it's this computer).

---------------------------------------

I was not the one to install windows on this machine. I think NVidia firewall was on, it still may be on but it's not in the systray.
control panel > add/remove programs, I have the NVIDIA DRIVERS, and NVIDIA ForceWare Network Access Manager. Remember that these may not be for the Firewall, but for the actual motherboard itself, so I think I may need these.
It is onboard LAN, there is no pci lan card installed.
I think incorrect or outdated o/b lan drivers were wrongly installed, that is my guess, and I'm having problems finding the o/b lan drivers for this mobo.

------------------------------------

I really appreciate your help and assistance in tackling this problem. This means a lot to me, and I thank you for taking the time to solve this.

Thanks a mil,
Neophase
:lol: :D

Bluefinger

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006
Either the firewall was installed (you stupid person, don't EVER install the nvidia firewall shnit! D: ) or your hard-drive is faulty and is about to die. I had similar problems at first with the A8N-E, I just made sure I installed all the drivers at first, and then found out my HDD was causing all the teething problems, such as corrupted files, failed installations, and awful performance.

Fox_granit

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2006
Bluefinger is right. It's either your firewall, or your HD is about to fail. If your behind a router, you won't need a firewall. Double check also to see if you have your XP firewall on at the same time. You could also run a scandisk on the harddrive and check for bad sectors. The last thing could be a virus, so i'd run a virus scan just in case

uber_g

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2006
its the nv firewall i think

Un-install that mother !!!

i think its in add/remove programs

:D !

i dont really like firewalls anyway