More about upup coming back startup

    From: "Moses" <Moses@discussions.microsoft.com>

    UPUP>> EXE always keeps coming back in Startup no matter how many times I
    | delete it. Any ideas where this is coming from?

    Please submit a sample of UPUP.EXE to Virus Total --
    http://www.virustotal.com/flash/index_en.html
    The submission will then be tested against 18 different AV vendor's scanners.
    That will give you an idea what it is and who recognizes it. In addition, unless told
    otherwise, Virus Total will provide the sample to all participating vendors.

    When you get the report, please post back the exact results.
    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

    On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 17:11:48 -0700, "Moses"
    <Moses@discussions.microsoft.com> put finger to keyboard and composed:

    >UPUP>EXE always keeps coming back in Startup no matter how many times I
    >delete it. Any ideas where this is coming from?

    The only online reference I can find is this old IBM Antivirus
    product:
    http://www.network-drivers.com/drivers/29/29506.htm

    -- Franc Zabkar

Microsoft Windows