"netoe32.exe" error message

Tim

Each time I boot XP I receive the following
message "netoe32.exe has encountered a problem and needs
to close." I click "OK" but this is annoying. Does anyone
know how to solve this?
Thanks!
Tim

Hi,

It's a trojan (virus) file. Follow these "relatively" simple removal steps:

Restart in Safe mode by hitting F8 as Windows first begins to load on boot.
Logon as administrator.

Start/search/files and folders, look for <filename> and delete it wherever
it is found.

Start/run regedit, expand the + signs to look under these keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupreg

Look in the right hand pane for the string or strings that load that file.
Delete just those strings that contain the reference. Do not delete other
strings or the keys from the left pane. Close the registry editor when
completed, make sure you check all strings.

Go to the Control Panel/System/System Restore tab. Check the box to "Turn
off system restore on all drives". Click apply/ok. This will remove all
restore points, however you don't want them back as some or all of them will
contain the virus depending upon how recently you got infected.

Restart the system normally. Go back to the Control Panel/System and restart
System Restore.

Update your antivirus software, run a full system scan.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Tim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Each time I boot XP I receive the following
> message "netoe32.exe has encountered a problem and needs
> to close." I click "OK" but this is annoying. Does anyone
> know how to solve this?
> Thanks!
> Tim

Latest posts