Fixing Drive allocations with USB drive v CD

Windows 98SE 2 HDs 5 partitions C,D,E,F,G

Usually CD dive boots as H:

Have added external USB 80mb drive If I boot when it's connected, this
boots as H: and CD goes to I:

If I plug in USB drive after booting, it adds in as I:

How, please, can I get the CD drive to stay as H: regardless of the USB
drive?

Ta.

Mike
--
Michael J Davis

<><
To earn the right to complain
ensure you are lavish with your praise.
<><
1 answer Last reply
More about fixing drive allocations drive

    You don't want to. Just move the CD drive letter way down the alphabet. S
    or T is usually good. Standard routine for me anyway at finish of 98/98SE
    install.

    "Michael J Davis" <miked@trustsof.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

    > Windows 98SE 2 HDs 5 partitions C,D,E,F,G
    >
    > Usually CD dive boots as H:
    >
    > Have added external USB 80mb drive If I boot when it's connected, this
    > boots as H: and CD goes to I:
    >
    > If I plug in USB drive after booting, it adds in as I:
    >
    > How, please, can I get the CD drive to stay as H: regardless of the USB
    > drive?
    >
    > Ta.
    >
    > Mike
    > --