Sign in with
Your question

The Sapphire ATI X850 XT or The Geforce 7600GT

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 7, 2006 6:28:57 PM

ok guys i think ive got it narrowed down to some cards, the sapphire x850 xt or the eVGA GeForce 7600GT, can someone give me some insight and tell me what your guys would prefer, or perhaps you guys would prefer something else not mentioned? im running a dell deimension 5150 2.8 gig Pentium D computer and i need a new card in a price range of about $200, thx for your help guys, and one more question, on the x850 xt and most of the other ati cards i saw, i saw that they needed a power supply, now with my dell 5150, i see inside that im not not positive if i have a free power outlet for the power cuz they seem to be taken up by other things, can someone shed some insight on this? would i need something else not included with the ati card that i would need?
May 7, 2006 6:56:27 PM

yes i do
Related resources
May 7, 2006 7:37:58 PM

go with the x850xt, it may be older technology but it still kicks ass, i have a connect 3d x850xt and i can run cs:source with everything on full, hdr, aa, everything and still get 60fps which runs great and looks real good. thats just my preference right now, i just go with whoever has the best products at the best price cus i want my computer to run good and i think you would too, look into the spces of each card also that might help you decide on top of benchmarks.
May 7, 2006 9:59:56 PM

Quote:
now with my dell 5150, i see inside that im not not positive if i have a free power outlet for the power cuz they seem to be taken up by other things

You simply need a splitter, which can be found at any pc store...

May 7, 2006 11:38:13 PM

What games and what resolutions will you be playing at.

Edit:^Dude, we have the smae case only a chip on the plastic thing on the front broke in shipping on mine.
May 8, 2006 4:03:28 AM

Quote:
If you care about having HDR and AA at the same time, then get the X850XT. Both cards are great for the money, you can't go wrong with either.

I wasn't aware an X850XT could do HDR and AA at the same time. Are you sure you're not thinking about the X1800GTO?
!