Pompano Weirdness

I've done some coding in my life and I have a pretty fair idea of how
software programs work. If someone else from this group told this story, I
would have said it was impossible:

Moving an aircraft to Pompano Beach Fl causes half it's avionics to switch
on even though all the switches are off. After that, you can't get them to
turn off no matter where you move. This means you can talk on the radio,
start the engines and some glass displays are on with the Bat/Alt Master,
and Mags in the off position.

The only way to fix it is to exit and restart FS9 and not return to Pompano.
I've tried several different scenarios and it happens every time.

Would someone try this on their rig to see if you get the same results?

Thanks

Dallas
9 answers Last reply
More about pompano weirdness

    "boB"
    > I just took the 182 from KHOU to Pompano. Everything looked good,

    Oh, fly it there... that's the one thing I haven't tried. It happens when I
    "Create" a flight in Pompano or "Move" from another airport.

    Dallas

    Dallas wrote:

    > "boB"
    >
    >>I just took the 182 from KHOU to Pompano. Everything looked good,
    >

    > Oh, fly it there... that's the one thing I haven't tried. It happens when I
    > "Create" a flight in Pompano or "Move" from another airport.
    >
    > Dallas

    I told ya I can't write a decent message. I did "move" the aircraft
    from KHOU to Pompano, not fly it. I didn't try to create a flight though.

    --

    boB,
    SAG 70

    U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

    "boB"
    > Everything seems to work. :(

    Just in case anyone thinks I'm crazy here's a screenie:

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/Dallas52/Screenies/FloridaElectrialstorm.jpg

    Note: This is a default aircraft. The master switch is off, avionics
    switch is off, mags are off.. yet radios, clock etc are on.

    Turns out this is not just Pompano, so far it's all of southeastern Florida.

    Drives me crazy, let me know if anyone has an idea of how to fix it.

    Dallas

    "boB"
    >Everything looks ok.

    Crud.. I thought it might be Florida FreeFlow scenery, but turning it off
    did nothing. This is the Twilight Zone!

    Arg!

    Dallas

    > "boB"
    >>Everything looks ok.
    >
    > Crud.. I thought it might be Florida FreeFlow scenery, but turning it off
    > did nothing. This is the Twilight Zone!
    >
    > Arg!
    >
    > Dallas

    Bermuda triangle :-)
    Bill

    "William"
    > Bermuda triangle :-)

    Indeed!

    Dallas

    Hi Varmit,

    "...let me know if anyone has an idea of how to fix it"

    Wow, whatever you're on, where can we get it?? :-))

    Chilli wine, homemade?

    Regards,
    John Ward

    > "boB"
    >> Everything seems to work. :(
    >
    > Just in case anyone thinks I'm crazy here's a screenie:
    >
    > http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/Dallas52/Screenies/FloridaElectrialstorm.jpg
    >
    > Note: This is a default aircraft. The master switch is off, avionics
    > switch is off, mags are off.. yet radios, clock etc are on.
    >
    > Turns out this is not just Pompano, so far it's all of southeastern
    > Florida.
    >
    > Drives me crazy, let me know if anyone has an idea of how to fix it.
    >
    > Dallas

    "John Ward" <
    > Chili wine, homemade?

    Are you sure you didn't put your thong on too tight this morning? It seems
    to be affecting your circulation.

    <G>

    Dallas

    Hi Varmit,

    Definitely not, mate - I circulated all over Brisbane today, so I can't
    see any problem.

    Could you email me the recipe? :-))

    Regards,
    John Ward

    > "John Ward" <
    >> Chili wine, homemade?
    >
    > Are you sure you didn't put your thong on too tight this morning? It
    > seems
    > to be affecting your circulation.
    >
    > <G>
    >
    > Dallas