Pompano Weirdness

Last response: in Video Games
Share
August 6, 2005 1:10:23 AM

I've done some coding in my life and I have a pretty fair idea of how
software programs work. If someone else from this group told this story, I
would have said it was impossible:

Moving an aircraft to Pompano Beach Fl causes half it's avionics to switch
on even though all the switches are off. After that, you can't get them to
turn off no matter where you move. This means you can talk on the radio,
start the engines and some glass displays are on with the Bat/Alt Master,
and Mags in the off position.

The only way to fix it is to exit and restart FS9 and not return to Pompano.
I've tried several different scenarios and it happens every time.

Would someone try this on their rig to see if you get the same results?

Thanks

Dallas

More about : pompano weirdness

August 6, 2005 1:56:38 AM

"boB"
> I just took the 182 from KHOU to Pompano. Everything looked good,

Oh, fly it there... that's the one thing I haven't tried. It happens when I
"Create" a flight in Pompano or "Move" from another airport.

Dallas
August 6, 2005 2:54:46 AM

Dallas wrote:

> "boB"
>
>>I just took the 182 from KHOU to Pompano. Everything looked good,
>

> Oh, fly it there... that's the one thing I haven't tried. It happens when I
> "Create" a flight in Pompano or "Move" from another airport.
>
> Dallas

I told ya I can't write a decent message. I did "move" the aircraft
from KHOU to Pompano, not fly it. I didn't try to create a flight though.

--

boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
August 6, 2005 2:58:02 AM

"boB"
> Everything seems to work. :(

Just in case anyone thinks I'm crazy here's a screenie:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/Dallas52/Screeni...

Note: This is a default aircraft. The master switch is off, avionics
switch is off, mags are off.. yet radios, clock etc are on.

Turns out this is not just Pompano, so far it's all of southeastern Florida.

Drives me crazy, let me know if anyone has an idea of how to fix it.

Dallas
August 6, 2005 3:13:41 AM

"boB"
>Everything looks ok.

Crud.. I thought it might be Florida FreeFlow scenery, but turning it off
did nothing. This is the Twilight Zone!

Arg!

Dallas
August 6, 2005 8:49:13 AM

> "boB"
>>Everything looks ok.
>
> Crud.. I thought it might be Florida FreeFlow scenery, but turning it off
> did nothing. This is the Twilight Zone!
>
> Arg!
>
> Dallas

Bermuda triangle :-)
Bill
August 6, 2005 1:00:28 PM

"William"
> Bermuda triangle :-)

Indeed!

Dallas
Anonymous
August 6, 2005 2:08:23 PM

Hi Varmit,

"...let me know if anyone has an idea of how to fix it"

Wow, whatever you're on, where can we get it?? :-))

Chilli wine, homemade?

Regards,
John Ward

> "boB"
>> Everything seems to work. :(
>
> Just in case anyone thinks I'm crazy here's a screenie:
>
> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/Dallas52/Screeni...
>
> Note: This is a default aircraft. The master switch is off, avionics
> switch is off, mags are off.. yet radios, clock etc are on.
>
> Turns out this is not just Pompano, so far it's all of southeastern
> Florida.
>
> Drives me crazy, let me know if anyone has an idea of how to fix it.
>
> Dallas

August 6, 2005 2:08:24 PM

"John Ward" <
> Chili wine, homemade?

Are you sure you didn't put your thong on too tight this morning? It seems
to be affecting your circulation.

<G>

Dallas
Anonymous
August 6, 2005 9:58:51 PM

Hi Varmit,

Definitely not, mate - I circulated all over Brisbane today, so I can't
see any problem.

Could you email me the recipe? :-))

Regards,
John Ward