Backup Utility (Automatic System Recovery)

After the GUI states "Preparing to backup using shadow
copy" when I click in the GUI the system responds with
Backup Utility not responding.

Error signature = szAppName : ntbackup.exe szAppVer :
5.1.2600.2180 szModName : hungapp
szModVer : 0.0.0.0 offset : 00000000

I have exhausted my abilities to correct this.

Have you attempted reinstalling the Backup program from the WinXP CD? You
mentioned you've exhausted your abilities to correct it, but you didn't give
specifics on what you've tried. Reinstalling an app is often a good way to
test out if it's just corrupted files that need correction, and it's a small
program.

"Gregory Lee Limbird-Williams" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:1c6001c49b64$6d406c70$a601280a@phx.gbl...
> After the GUI states "Preparing to backup using shadow
> copy" when I click in the GUI the system responds with
> Backup Utility not responding.
>
> Error signature = szAppName : ntbackup.exe szAppVer :
> 5.1.2600.2180 szModName : hungapp
> szModVer : 0.0.0.0 offset : 00000000
>
> I have exhausted my abilities to correct this.

I will try to reinstall the application if I can figure out how to do that.

"Kevin" wrote:

> Have you attempted reinstalling the Backup program from the WinXP CD? You
> mentioned you've exhausted your abilities to correct it, but you didn't give
> specifics on what you've tried. Reinstalling an app is often a good way to
> test out if it's just corrupted files that need correction, and it's a small
> program.
>
> "Gregory Lee Limbird-Williams" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> in message news:1c6001c49b64$6d406c70$a601280a@phx.gbl...
> > After the GUI states "Preparing to backup using shadow
> > copy" when I click in the GUI the system responds with
> > Backup Utility not responding.
> >
> > Error signature = szAppName : ntbackup.exe szAppVer :
> > 5.1.2600.2180 szModName : hungapp
> > szModVer : 0.0.0.0 offset : 00000000
> >
> > I have exhausted my abilities to correct this.

Thank you for your time.
I got weary and just did a compolete clean install.