ASUS A8N32 - 1009 or 1103 BIOS?

temjin

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2006
This seems to be abit of touchy subject with some A8N32 users however is it recomended to use the latest Bios update 1103? Some people seem to claim it has caused more problems, can anyone refute this?

Thanks,

Pete

m0rTu

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2006
same here...it is dead stable :lol:

sorry forgot my version I have the 1103...work's perfect...

temjin

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2006
Hi,

Ultraviolet I see you are using the same motherboard as me with the only diffrence really being I'm using a X2 Dual core cpu. Using that board did you encounter any problems with load times with Windows or any other SATA related issues effecting performance?

Currenlty I am experiencing anything between 2 - 5 mins to load Windows, I wounder when you installed XP did you use any 3rd party SATA drivers or did the installation process detect the Seagates without them?

Thanks,

Pete

m0rTu

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2006
hey pete...I think you problem is the your windows is the trouble...it is the legal one...bet the pirated edition and you'll see that it'll work just fine...same mobo no problems... :twisted:

kda

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
1103 for quite some time now. Both with 4 GB and 2 GB of RAM.

Lots of gaming, all the business / graphics / photo applications running on WinXP SP2.
I use External USB 2 and FireWire drives ... etc. etc.

Perfectly stable. No issues.

Ultraviolet

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2006
Hi,

Ultraviolet I see you are using the same motherboard as me with the only diffrence really being I'm using a X2 Dual core cpu. Using that board did you encounter any problems with load times with Windows or any other SATA related issues effecting performance?

Currenlty I am experiencing anything between 2 - 5 mins to load Windows, I wounder when you installed XP did you use any 3rd party SATA drivers or did the installation process detect the Seagates without them?

Thanks,

Pete

Nah my win xp loads real fast mate, and no, its not legit.
I used the sata drivers from the asus website.