two rapture 74gigabyte drives raid 0 problem please help

Ruester

Distinguished
May 7, 2006
It’s an A8N32-SLI Deluxe. Have two rapture 74gigabyte drives, want to raid 0 together using nVidia raid 1&2, 3is hooked up to sata burner. Bios idle config. nVidia is enabled, bios set to sata2 I set to stripe both drives together at 128. It asked to clear disks, tried both yes and no. Next screen it says drives are arrayed but boot is N/A. Down below where the option screen is (b) boot is darkened out. So I can’t make it have an option and rebuild is also darkened out. Why cant I get nVidia to format it to make it a boot device. When system boots it says no boot device to restart and choose redo boots. pressing f6 doesnt do any thing Also for some reason the floppy drive light stays on all the time. Changed drives, changed cable and still no effect light are still on. Please help
Thanks Jim

pat

Expert
It’s an A8N32-SLI Deluxe. Have two rapture 74gigabyte drives, want to raid 0 together using nVidia raid 1&2, 3is hooked up to sata burner. Bios idle config. nVidia is enabled, bios set to sata2 I set to stripe both drives together at 128. It asked to clear disks, tried both yes and no. Next screen it says drives are arrayed but boot is N/A. Down below where the option screen is (b) boot is darkened out. So I can’t make it have an option and rebuild is also darkened out. Why cant I get nVidia to format it to make it a boot device. When system boots it says no boot device to restart and choose redo boots. pressing f6 doesnt do any thing Also for some reason the floppy drive light stays on all the time. Changed drives, changed cable and still no effect light are still on. Please help
Thanks Jim

Floppy ribbon plugged backward..

jianshi

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2006
is your bios set for sata boot rom?
asus boards have a special bios sata boot rom--I don't know your MB, but check BIOS.

TRENDING THREADS