Clock in 98SE

Everytime I reboot the time and date has changed itself. Any suggestions
please?

"=?Utf-8?B?V2F0bw==?=" <puddin@bigpond.net.au.(donotspam)> wrote in

> Everytime I reboot the time and date has changed itself. Any suggestions
> please?

Changed themself to what?

Thanks for replying. The date and time change to a time in the recent past.
It is random and I can't work out why

Wato wrote:
> Everytime I reboot the time and date has changed itself. Any suggestions
> please?

CMOS battery.

Stanislaw
Slack user from Ulladulla.

Thanks Stan.

"Stanislaw Flatto" wrote:

> Wato wrote:
> > Everytime I reboot the time and date has changed itself. Any suggestions
> > please?
>
> CMOS battery.
>
> Stanislaw
> Slack user from Ulladulla.

Replace your CMOS battery:

Zee

"Wato" <puddin@bigpond.net.au.(donotspam)> wrote in message news:C3BD0347-2286-4A4F-A677-6B8565CC2482@microsoft.com...
> Everytime I reboot the time and date has changed itself. Any suggestions
> please?

Thanks "oops!!"

"Stanislaw Flatto" <compaid@shoalhaven.net.au> wrote in message

> Wato wrote:
> > Everytime I reboot the time and date has changed itself. Any suggestions
> > please?
>
> CMOS battery.
>
> Stanislaw

If the computer stays plugged in, the cmos battery shouldn't cause that problem.

Depends, Buffalo. Older AT systems (and even older types) do not maintain power
to the motherboard when powered down like ATX systems do, and even then, I'm not
sure of the validity of your statement, not as a fast rule.

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS-MVP Shell/User