Date/Time 98SE

Why does the date/time settings change everytime I reboot?
3 answers Last reply
More about date time 98se

    "Wato" <puddin@bigpond.net.au.(donotspam)> wrote in message
    > Why does the date/time settings change everytime I reboot?

    I doubt if a new motherboard battery will solve your problem.
    Do a search in Google for a lot of info on that problem.

    The following is from Glen Ventura:
    "Windows Clock on Taskbar and in Date/Time Tool Loses Time
    http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=189706

    The System Clock Slows If You Run a Program That Uses Sound Extensively
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=309296

    Restart or Network Connection Changes Computer Date and Time
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=193912

    "System clock loses time when using Norton AntiVirus 2000"
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/df0a595864594c86852567ac0063608c/0473528ab04a4365882567fd00760e7c

    Glen Ventura, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm "

    Buffalo

    In any of the cases where Windows is losing time, restarting will set the clock
    to correct time *ahead* of the last noted Windows time, not some past date.

    --
    Gary S. Terhune
    MS-MVP Shell/User

    > "Wato" <puddin@bigpond.net.au.(donotspam)> wrote in message
    >> Why does the date/time settings change everytime I reboot?
    >
    > I doubt if a new motherboard battery will solve your problem.
    > Do a search in Google for a lot of info on that problem.
    >
    > The following is from Glen Ventura:
    > "Windows Clock on Taskbar and in Date/Time Tool Loses Time
    > http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=189706
    >
    > The System Clock Slows If You Run a Program That Uses Sound Extensively
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=309296
    >
    > Restart or Network Connection Changes Computer Date and Time
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=193912
    >
    > "System clock loses time when using Norton AntiVirus 2000"
    > http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/df0a595864594c86852567ac0063608c/0473528ab04a4365882567fd00760e7c
    >

    > Glen Ventura, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm "
    >
    > Buffalo

    With respect....
    Because each time you reboot is a different time from the last time
    you rebooted?

    On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 00:36:02 -0700, "Wato"
    <puddin@bigpond.net.au.(donotspam)> wrote:

    >Why does the date/time settings change everytime I reboot?

    ....Alan
    http://dts-l.org/index.html

Microsoft Windows