Date/Time 98SE

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
September 12, 2005 4:36:02 AM

Why does the date/time settings change everytime I reboot?

More about : date time 98se

Anonymous
September 12, 2005 4:42:49 PM

"Wato" <puddin@bigpond.net.au.(donotspam)> wrote in message
> Why does the date/time settings change everytime I reboot?

I doubt if a new motherboard battery will solve your problem.
Do a search in Google for a lot of info on that problem.

The following is from Glen Ventura:
"Windows Clock on Taskbar and in Date/Time Tool Loses Time
http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=189706

The System Clock Slows If You Run a Program That Uses Sound Extensively
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=309296

Restart or Network Connection Changes Computer Date and Time
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=193912

"System clock loses time when using Norton AntiVirus 2000"
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/df0a595864...

Glen Ventura, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm "

Buffalo
Anonymous
September 12, 2005 4:42:50 PM

In any of the cases where Windows is losing time, restarting will set the clock
to correct time *ahead* of the last noted Windows time, not some past date.

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS-MVP Shell/User

> "Wato" <puddin@bigpond.net.au.(donotspam)> wrote in message
>> Why does the date/time settings change everytime I reboot?
>
> I doubt if a new motherboard battery will solve your problem.
> Do a search in Google for a lot of info on that problem.
>
> The following is from Glen Ventura:
> "Windows Clock on Taskbar and in Date/Time Tool Loses Time
> http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=189706
>
> The System Clock Slows If You Run a Program That Uses Sound Extensively
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=309296
>
> Restart or Network Connection Changes Computer Date and Time
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=193912
>
> "System clock loses time when using Norton AntiVirus 2000"
> http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/df0a595864...
>

> Glen Ventura, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm "
>
> Buffalo

Anonymous
September 13, 2005 12:25:12 AM

With respect....
Because each time you reboot is a different time from the last time
you rebooted?

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 00:36:02 -0700, "Wato"
<puddin@bigpond.net.au.(donotspam)> wrote:

>Why does the date/time settings change everytime I reboot?

....Alan
http://dts-l.org/index.html
!