Metallic inks

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
February 20, 2005 11:35:20 PM

Do metallic inks for inkjet printers exist?

And if they do where are they hiding?

Thanks in anticipation

Peter Williams

More about : metallic inks

Anonymous
February 20, 2005 11:35:21 PM

Peter Williams wrote:
> Do metallic inks for inkjet printers exist?
>
> And if they do where are they hiding?
>
> Thanks in anticipation
>
> Peter Williams

No. and not likely to appear. Metallic inks are all suspensions of
metallic particles in a carrier. They are really a kind of paint.

So ---
Anonymous
February 20, 2005 11:35:21 PM

"Peter Williams" <plw@peveral.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> Do metallic inks for inkjet printers exist?
>
> And if they do where are they hiding?
>
> Thanks in anticipation
>
> Peter Williams
>

>You do not need that for check printing
Most banks use optical and not magnetic now
My printed checks work great a 2 banks

if this was your purpose
if not
fyi
JimW
February 21, 2005 10:01:43 AM

Thanks for the negative response. I guessed that but it is nice to have it
confirmed.

Daughter-in-law elect wants to print her own Wedding Invitations!

I am suggesting stick-on silver decorations, available in a large number of
patterns from craft shops.

Peter

"stolen name" <jimnluna@ispspam.com> wrote in message

> "Peter Williams" <plw@peveral.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Do metallic inks for inkjet printers exist?
> >
> > And if they do where are they hiding?
> >
> > Thanks in anticipation
> >
> > Peter Williams
> >

> >You do not need that for check printing
> Most banks use optical and not magnetic now
> My printed checks work great a 2 banks
>
> if this was your purpose
> if not
> fyi
> JimW

Anonymous
February 21, 2005 11:41:57 AM

In article <cvasaj$tdc$1@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk>,
plw@peveral.freeserve.co.uk says...
> Do metallic inks for inkjet printers exist?
>
> And if they do where are they hiding?

Not for inkjet printers. The sparkle particles you need to see the
metallic effect would be too big to fit through the nozzles!

I believe there are metallic 'inks' for wax-based printers like the
Phazer series.

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross
Anonymous
February 21, 2005 12:08:00 PM

> Thanks for the negative response. I guessed that but it is nice to have
it
> confirmed.
>
> Daughter-in-law elect wants to print her own Wedding Invitations!

You can get metalic paper. Print a negative.

Works as long as you don't need to print white :-)
Anonymous
February 21, 2005 4:43:04 PM

Avery makes a paper that when you print on it the inks look metallic. Looks
very nice. I would try looking for that paper.

"Peter Williams" <plw@peveral.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> Do metallic inks for inkjet printers exist?
>
> And if they do where are they hiding?
>
> Thanks in anticipation
>
> Peter Williams

February 21, 2005 9:24:38 PM

Did your daughter look at the preprinted cards that many greeting card and
party stores sell for custom printing in either inkjet or laser printers? I
have done several of these for my wife as invitations to baby and bridal
showers.

"Peter Williams" <plw@peveral.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> Do metallic inks for inkjet printers exist?
>
> And if they do where are they hiding?
>
> Thanks in anticipation
>
> Peter Williams

Anonymous
February 22, 2005 1:02:52 AM

Are you looking for somthing like this

http://adriatix.hr/A_PROIZVODI/A_Foly/Pict/DSCN2660_L.j...
http://adriatix.hr/A_PROIZVODI/A_Foly/Pict/DSCN2659_L.j...

--
Pozdrav

adriatic
http://adriatix.hr/

"Peter Williams" <plw@peveral.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> Thanks for the negative response. I guessed that but it is nice to have
it
> confirmed.
>
> Daughter-in-law elect wants to print her own Wedding Invitations!
>
> I am suggesting stick-on silver decorations, available in a large number
of
> patterns from craft shops.
>
> Peter
>
> "stolen name" <jimnluna@ispspam.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Peter Williams" <plw@peveral.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> > > Do metallic inks for inkjet printers exist?
> > >
> > > And if they do where are they hiding?
> > >
> > > Thanks in anticipation
> > >
> > > Peter Williams
> > >

> > >You do not need that for check printing
> > Most banks use optical and not magnetic now
> > My printed checks work great a 2 banks
> >
> > if this was your purpose
> > if not
> > fyi
> > JimW

Anonymous
February 22, 2005 6:13:18 PM

If you have a black laser printer, or even a photocopier, you can use
foils which only stick to the toner on the printed surface.

The way these work whatever it is you want in foil (metallic) with a
black laser printer. You then place a sheet of metallic foil over the
area that contains the printed area you wish to be metallic foiled, and
run it through the printer again, or any other heated roller device,
like a laminator, you do not print during that operation, just sin the
heat and fuser of the printer. When the print comes out, the foil will
be stuck onto the paper, You then peel off the plastic coating and
anywhere the toner was is now coated with metallic color. These foils
come it a wide variety of colors including marbling and others. When
the sheet is striped off, the metallic is very shiny. If you run it
through the heat source yet another time it becomes matte finished. You
can even cut smaller pieces and use a variety of different colors fro
different areas of the image or text.

Art

Peter Williams wrote:

> Thanks for the negative response. I guessed that but it is nice to have it
> confirmed.
>
> Daughter-in-law elect wants to print her own Wedding Invitations!
>
> I am suggesting stick-on silver decorations, available in a large number of
> patterns from craft shops.
>
> Peter
>
> "stolen name" <jimnluna@ispspam.com> wrote in message
>
>>"Peter Williams" <plw@peveral.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
>>
>>>Do metallic inks for inkjet printers exist?
>>>
>>>And if they do where are they hiding?
>>>
>>>Thanks in anticipation
>>>
>>>Peter Williams
>>>

>>>You do not need that for check printing
>>
>>Most banks use optical and not magnetic now
>>My printed checks work great a 2 banks
>>
>>if this was your purpose
>>if not
>>fyi
>>JimW

Anonymous
February 24, 2005 5:23:38 PM

Thank you all for responding to my query.

It was nice o have confirmation that there is no such thing for inkjts.

I will pass on the iformation about using laser printer and foil.

Daughter-in-law elect wants to design the cards from scratch as she wants to
incorporate celtic symbolism. Our ancestors are largely Welsh, and hers
Irish.

Any way everything has been forwarded to her, and it's now her problem.

Again many thanks

Peter Williams
!