Restore Shortcut

Joe

When I click the 'show desktop' icon in the system tray
of my taskbar, the following message appears "the 'show
desktop.scf' that this shortcut refers to has been
changed or moved and will no longer work". Any idea how
I can restore the shortcut?

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Search your system for the file and change the reference.

"Joe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I click the 'show desktop' icon in the system tray
> of my taskbar, the following message appears "the 'show
> desktop.scf' that this shortcut refers to has been
> changed or moved and will no longer work". Any idea how
> I can restore the shortcut?

Hi,

Delete it and create a new one. Copy/paste the below into notepad, then use
file/save as and call it show desktop.scf.

[Shell]
Command=2
IconFile=EXPLORER.EXE,3
[Taskbar]
Command=ToggleDesktop

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Joe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I click the 'show desktop' icon in the system tray
> of my taskbar, the following message appears "the 'show
> desktop.scf' that this shortcut refers to has been
> changed or moved and will no longer work". Any idea how
> I can restore the shortcut?

Joe

Thanks. It worked.

You're most welcome Joe.