7900GT Desktop Has Yellow Tinge

Coops07

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2005
Hey, I just installed my new 7900GT and everything is working fine. I installed the mobo + video card drivers but it seems there is a yellow tinge on the desktop... its not just the desktop either the bios screen while starting up has a yellow tinge to it as well... any thoughts how I can make it the right colours again??

nannerla

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2006
get coolbits 2 and there will be a thing in the control center about color correction and mess with it there till its right.

O and in you monitors control panel ting there should be a setting about degrees kelvin and the higher that is the bluer. the lower the moregreen , yellow ,orange ,red or finally bl;ack it is. Degrees kelvin for lights and monitors is a measurement of if you took a black body,carbon, and heated it up to a certain point kelvin wat color it would be.

hatsurfer

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
Just a thought... Check to see if any of the pins are bent on your moniter cable. You could have bent one when plugging it in and that would yield some strange results.

Finny

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
when i got my innovision 7900gt and tightend the dvi to d-sub adaptors with my fingers my screen was blue! so i had to really tighten the adptors HARD with a screwdriver!

that mich be your problem! it was certainly mine!

Whoops i forgot to say that my screen colour is fine now

linux_0

Splendid
Hey, I just installed my new 7900GT and everything is working fine. I installed the mobo + video card drivers but it seems there is a yellow tinge on the desktop... its not just the desktop either the bios screen while starting up has a yellow tinge to it as well... any thoughts how I can make it the right colours again??

As hatsurfer suggested, check your cables. A loose or malfunctioning cable or bent or broken pins my cause the symptoms you describe.

By advised some cables are supposed to be missing some pins.

If you have a CRT try a degauss and see if that helps and as others have suggested play with your color temperatures if your display has temperature settings :-D

Color matching software may help too.

What are your full specs by the way?

Have you been able to try the card in any other computers or with other displays?

linux_0

Splendid
Can you post a picture thingie?

I knew I had forgotten something..... you beat me to it :-D :trophy:

@ OP

I am not sure if you have a CRT or an LCD but sometimes CRTs start to act funny when they age or are about to die. LCDs may also act strangely as they age.

Coops07

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2005
Specs:
AMD A64 3000+
Asus K8N4-E Deluxe
EVGA 7900GT CO
Viewsonic G70FB (CRT)
Windows XP Pro

Thanks for all the help guys. I have a strong feeling maybe the adapter isint plugged in enough. I have 2 adapters just in case something happened but I doubt it did. As well, the monitor is only 1 year old and when I had my 9800Pro last week everything worked fine so I'll check it out when I get home today. And it's not the drivers because I did a reformat. Thanks for all you help so far, I'll keep you informed when I get home.

Coops07

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2005
I was giggling around with the cables and it IS the adapter that just insint plugged in good enough. When I fiddle around with it, it changes to blue and green tinges :p and 2 times i've gotten it to go to the actual default colour. What did you mean by using a screwdriver to tighten it? The VGA adapter is tightened by hand. Im gunna have to bust out a pair of plyers or some tape. Whichever gets the job done. I'll tell you guys when I get it good.

Coops07

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2005
Success!! Had to hold it up a little as it was limping down then tighten it hard, now everything is good! Thanks for your help guys! Off to play some RGB Oblivion :D

TRENDING THREADS