password problem

Hi helpful people,

A friend cannot access his webmail from a club website using his laptop
(password/username being rejected).
If I use his password/username on my pc, I can get access. We`re
thinking there is an issue with his machine. Anyone know where to start
looking?
Both using Win98se with IE6 and broadband cable

many thanks
16 answers Last reply
More about password problem

    winz wrote:
    > Hi helpful people,
    >
    > A friend cannot access his webmail from a club website using his
    > laptop (password/username being rejected).
    > If I use his password/username on my pc, I can get access. We`re
    > thinking there is an issue with his machine. Anyone know where to
    > start looking?
    > Both using Win98se with IE6 and broadband cable

    Check to see if he is allowing cookies.

    --
    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    "dadiOH" <dadiOH@wherever.com> wrote in message
    > winz wrote:
    > > Hi helpful people,
    > >
    > > A friend cannot access his webmail from a club website using his
    > > laptop (password/username being rejected).
    > > If I use his password/username on my pc, I can get access. We`re
    > > thinking there is an issue with his machine. Anyone know where to
    > > start looking?
    > > Both using Win98se with IE6 and broadband cable
    >
    > Check to see if he is allowing cookies.

    Hi dadiOH,
    I`ve tried blocking cookies on my pc to see if I can replicate the fault
    but it still works ok.
    Any other ideas?
    Thanks

    winz wrote:
    > "dadiOH" <dadiOH@wherever.com> wrote in message
    >> winz wrote:
    >>> Hi helpful people,
    >>>
    >>> A friend cannot access his webmail from a club website using his
    >>> laptop (password/username being rejected).
    >>> If I use his password/username on my pc, I can get access. We`re
    >>> thinking there is an issue with his machine. Anyone know where to
    >>> start looking?
    >>> Both using Win98se with IE6 and broadband cable
    >>
    >> Check to see if he is allowing cookies.
    >
    > Hi dadiOH,
    > I`ve tried blocking cookies on my pc to see if I can replicate the
    > fault but it still works ok.
    > Any other ideas?
    > Thanks

    1. Security settings in Internet Properties

    2. Host file

    3. Maybe java

    --
    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    > 1. Security settings in Internet Properties
    >
    > 2. Host file
    >
    > 3. Maybe java
    >
    > --
    > dadiOH
    > ____________________________
    >
    > dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    Would you believe it!
    I`ve just had an email saying he`s in.
    The password is `case sensitve` and although strenuously denied, I`ll
    bet he was entering it wrong!!
    Many thanks for your time.

    Ah, a PBUAK problem.

    <snip>

    > Ah, a PBUAK problem.

    indeed :))

    You understand him?

    --
    Thanks or Good Luck,
    There may be humor in this post, and,

    http://home.earthlink.net/~mrob/pub/acroabbrev.html

    PCR wrote:
    > You understand him?
    >
    >>> Ah, a PBUAK problem.
    >>
    >> indeed :))

    It says: "PBUAK Poor Bear Under A Kamala".

    --
    | http://home.earthlink.net/~mrob/pub/acroabbrev.html
    |
    | PCR wrote:
    | > You understand him?

    | >> indeed :))

    No, it said: "PBUAK Pissing Bear Under A Kamala".

    --
    | It says: "PBUAK Poor Bear Under A Kamala".
    |

    | --
    | Thanks or Good Luck,
    | There may be humor in this post, and,
    | Naturally, you will not sue,
    | should things get worse after this,
    | PCR
    | pcrrcp@netzero.net
    | "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
    | | http://home.earthlink.net/~mrob/pub/acroabbrev.html
    | |
    | | PCR wrote:
    | | > You understand him?

    CUL8ER

    PCR wrote:
    > No, it said: "PBUAK Pissing Bear Under A Kamala".
    >

    >> It says: "PBUAK Poor Bear Under A Kamala".
    >>

    >> --
    >> Thanks or Good Luck,
    >> There may be humor in this post, and,
    >> Naturally, you will not sue,
    >> should things get worse after this,
    >> PCR
    >> pcrrcp@netzero.net
    >> "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> http://home.earthlink.net/~mrob/pub/acroabbrev.html

    I think they meant "PEBCAK" -

    Problem
    Exists
    Between
    Chair
    And
    Keyboard

    I mean ... "Problem Between User And Keyboard" doesn't leave much room. :-)

    > It says: "PBUAK Poor Bear Under A Kamala".
    >

    > --
    > Thanks or Good Luck,
    > There may be humor in this post, and,
    > Naturally, you will not sue,
    > should things get worse after this,
    > PCR
    > pcrrcp@netzero.net
    > | http://home.earthlink.net/~mrob/pub/acroabbrev.html
    > |
    > | PCR wrote:
    > | > You understand him?

    Sooooo... you think EVERYONE has over-eaten?

    --
    | I think they meant "PEBCAK" -
    |
    | Problem
    | Exists
    | Between
    | Chair
    | And
    | Keyboard
    |
    | I mean ... "Problem Between User And Keyboard" doesn't leave much
    room. :-)

    | --
    | Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User] rgharper@gmail.com
    | * PLEASE post all messages and replies in the newsgroups
    | * for the benefit of all. Private mail is usually not replied to.
    | * My website, such as it is ... http://rgharper.mvps.org/
    | * HELP us help YOU ... http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    | > It says: "PBUAK Poor Bear Under A Kamala".
    | >

    | > --
    | > Thanks or Good Luck,
    | > There may be humor in this post, and,
    | > Naturally, you will not sue,
    | > should things get worse after this,
    | > PCR
    | > pcrrcp@netzero.net
    | > "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
    | > | http://home.earthlink.net/~mrob/pub/acroabbrev.html
    | > |

    It was YOUR fault, not spelling it right & all!

    --
    | CUL8ER
    |
    | PCR wrote:
    | > No, it said: "PBUAK Pissing Bear Under A Kamala".
    | >

    | >> It says: "PBUAK Poor Bear Under A Kamala".
    | >>

    | >> --
    | >> Thanks or Good Luck,
    | >> There may be humor in this post, and,
    | >> Naturally, you will not sue,
    | >> should things get worse after this,
    | >> PCR
    | >> pcrrcp@netzero.net
    | >> "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message

    Nope, just me. Grazed at Ponderosa tonight and blew a week's worth of diet.
    ;-)

    > Sooooo... you think EVERYONE has over-eaten?

    Too bad. I've been up & down TWICE now: first, 80 lbs., then... 100!

    --
    | Nope, just me. Grazed at Ponderosa tonight and blew a week's worth of
    diet.
    | ;-)
    |
    | --
    | Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User] rgharper@gmail.com
    | * PLEASE post all messages and replies in the newsgroups
    | * for the benefit of all. Private mail is usually not replied to.
    | * My website, such as it is ... http://rgharper.mvps.org/
    | * HELP us help YOU ... http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    | > Sooooo... you think EVERYONE has over-eaten?

Broadband Microsoft Windows