password problem

Hi helpful people,

A friend cannot access his webmail from a club website using his laptop
(password/username being rejected).
If I use his password/username on my pc, I can get access. We`re
thinking there is an issue with his machine. Anyone know where to start
looking?
Both using Win98se with IE6 and broadband cable

many thanks

winz wrote:
> Hi helpful people,
>
> A friend cannot access his webmail from a club website using his
> laptop (password/username being rejected).
> If I use his password/username on my pc, I can get access. We`re
> thinking there is an issue with his machine. Anyone know where to
> start looking?
> Both using Win98se with IE6 and broadband cable

Check to see if he is allowing cookies.

--
dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

"dadiOH" <dadiOH@wherever.com> wrote in message
> winz wrote:
> > Hi helpful people,
> >
> > A friend cannot access his webmail from a club website using his
> > laptop (password/username being rejected).
> > If I use his password/username on my pc, I can get access. We`re
> > thinking there is an issue with his machine. Anyone know where to
> > start looking?
> > Both using Win98se with IE6 and broadband cable
>
> Check to see if he is allowing cookies.

Hi dadiOH,
I`ve tried blocking cookies on my pc to see if I can replicate the fault
but it still works ok.
Any other ideas?
Thanks

winz wrote:
> "dadiOH" <dadiOH@wherever.com> wrote in message
>> winz wrote:
>>> Hi helpful people,
>>>
>>> A friend cannot access his webmail from a club website using his
>>> laptop (password/username being rejected).
>>> If I use his password/username on my pc, I can get access. We`re
>>> thinking there is an issue with his machine. Anyone know where to
>>> start looking?
>>> Both using Win98se with IE6 and broadband cable
>>
>> Check to see if he is allowing cookies.
>
> Hi dadiOH,
> I`ve tried blocking cookies on my pc to see if I can replicate the
> fault but it still works ok.
> Any other ideas?
> Thanks

1. Security settings in Internet Properties

2. Host file

3. Maybe java

--
dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

> 1. Security settings in Internet Properties
>
> 2. Host file
>
> 3. Maybe java
>
> --
> dadiOH
> ____________________________
>
> dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Would you believe it!
I`ve just had an email saying he`s in.
The password is `case sensitve` and although strenuously denied, I`ll
bet he was entering it wrong!!
Many thanks for your time.

Ah, a PBUAK problem.

<snip>

> Ah, a PBUAK problem.

indeed :))

You understand him?

--
Thanks or Good Luck,
There may be humor in this post, and,
"winz" <gertsimple@hotmail.com> wrote in message

| "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
| > Ah, a PBUAK problem.
|
| indeed :))

It says: "PBUAK Poor Bear Under A Kamala".

--
| http://home.earthlink.net/~mrob/pub/acroabbrev.html
|
| PCR wrote:
| > You understand him?

| >> indeed :))

No, it said: "PBUAK Pissing Bear Under A Kamala".

--
| It says: "PBUAK Poor Bear Under A Kamala".
|

| --
| Thanks or Good Luck,
| There may be humor in this post, and,
| Naturally, you will not sue,
| should things get worse after this,
| PCR
| pcrrcp@netzero.net
| "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
| | http://home.earthlink.net/~mrob/pub/acroabbrev.html
| |
| | PCR wrote:
| | > You understand him?

CUL8ER

PCR wrote:
> No, it said: "PBUAK Pissing Bear Under A Kamala".
>

>> It says: "PBUAK Poor Bear Under A Kamala".
>>

>> --
>> Thanks or Good Luck,
>> There may be humor in this post, and,
>> Naturally, you will not sue,
>> should things get worse after this,
>> PCR
>> pcrrcp@netzero.net
>> "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> http://home.earthlink.net/~mrob/pub/acroabbrev.html

I think they meant "PEBCAK" -

Problem
Exists
Between
Chair
And
Keyboard

I mean ... "Problem Between User And Keyboard" doesn't leave much room. :)

> It says: "PBUAK Poor Bear Under A Kamala".
>

> --
> Thanks or Good Luck,
> There may be humor in this post, and,
> Naturally, you will not sue,
> should things get worse after this,
> PCR
> pcrrcp@netzero.net
> | http://home.earthlink.net/~mrob/pub/acroabbrev.html
> |
> | PCR wrote:
> | > You understand him?

Sooooo... you think EVERYONE has over-eaten?

--
| I think they meant "PEBCAK" -
|
| Problem
| Exists
| Between
| Chair
| And
| Keyboard
|
| I mean ... "Problem Between User And Keyboard" doesn't leave much
room. :)

| --
| Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User] rgharper@gmail.com
| * PLEASE post all messages and replies in the newsgroups
| * for the benefit of all. Private mail is usually not replied to.
| * My website, such as it is ... http://rgharper.mvps.org/
| * HELP us help YOU ... http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

| > It says: "PBUAK Poor Bear Under A Kamala".
| >

| > --
| > Thanks or Good Luck,
| > There may be humor in this post, and,
| > Naturally, you will not sue,
| > should things get worse after this,
| > PCR
| > pcrrcp@netzero.net
| > "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
| > | http://home.earthlink.net/~mrob/pub/acroabbrev.html
| > |

It was YOUR fault, not spelling it right & all!

--
| CUL8ER
|
| PCR wrote:
| > No, it said: "PBUAK Pissing Bear Under A Kamala".
| >

| >> It says: "PBUAK Poor Bear Under A Kamala".
| >>

| >> --
| >> Thanks or Good Luck,
| >> There may be humor in this post, and,
| >> Naturally, you will not sue,
| >> should things get worse after this,
| >> PCR
| >> pcrrcp@netzero.net
| >> "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message

Nope, just me. Grazed at Ponderosa tonight and blew a week's worth of diet.
;-)

> Sooooo... you think EVERYONE has over-eaten?

Too bad. I've been up & down TWICE now: first, 80 lbs., then... 100!