Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

password problem

Tags:
  • Broadband
  • Microsoft
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
Share
Anonymous
September 14, 2005 5:01:37 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

Hi helpful people,

A friend cannot access his webmail from a club website using his laptop
(password/username being rejected).
If I use his password/username on my pc, I can get access. We`re
thinking there is an issue with his machine. Anyone know where to start
looking?
Both using Win98se with IE6 and broadband cable

many thanks

More about : password problem

Anonymous
September 14, 2005 5:01:38 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

winz wrote:
> Hi helpful people,
>
> A friend cannot access his webmail from a club website using his
> laptop (password/username being rejected).
> If I use his password/username on my pc, I can get access. We`re
> thinking there is an issue with his machine. Anyone know where to
> start looking?
> Both using Win98se with IE6 and broadband cable

Check to see if he is allowing cookies.

--
dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
....a help file of info about MP3s, recording from
LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that.
Get it at http://mysite.verizon.net/xico
Anonymous
September 14, 2005 6:24:55 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

"dadiOH" <dadiOH@wherever.com> wrote in message
news:#r9qaGTuFHA.3528@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> winz wrote:
> > Hi helpful people,
> >
> > A friend cannot access his webmail from a club website using his
> > laptop (password/username being rejected).
> > If I use his password/username on my pc, I can get access. We`re
> > thinking there is an issue with his machine. Anyone know where to
> > start looking?
> > Both using Win98se with IE6 and broadband cable
>
> Check to see if he is allowing cookies.

Hi dadiOH,
I`ve tried blocking cookies on my pc to see if I can replicate the fault
but it still works ok.
Any other ideas?
Thanks
Related resources
Anonymous
September 14, 2005 6:24:56 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

winz wrote:
> "dadiOH" <dadiOH@wherever.com> wrote in message
> news:#r9qaGTuFHA.3528@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>> winz wrote:
>>> Hi helpful people,
>>>
>>> A friend cannot access his webmail from a club website using his
>>> laptop (password/username being rejected).
>>> If I use his password/username on my pc, I can get access. We`re
>>> thinking there is an issue with his machine. Anyone know where to
>>> start looking?
>>> Both using Win98se with IE6 and broadband cable
>>
>> Check to see if he is allowing cookies.
>
> Hi dadiOH,
> I`ve tried blocking cookies on my pc to see if I can replicate the
> fault but it still works ok.
> Any other ideas?
> Thanks

1. Security settings in Internet Properties

2. Host file

3. Maybe java

--
dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
....a help file of info about MP3s, recording from
LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that.
Get it at http://mysite.verizon.net/xico
Anonymous
September 14, 2005 7:57:29 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

> 1. Security settings in Internet Properties
>
> 2. Host file
>
> 3. Maybe java
>
> --
> dadiOH
> ____________________________
>
> dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
> ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from
> LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that.
> Get it at http://mysite.verizon.net/xico
>
>
Would you believe it!
I`ve just had an email saying he`s in.
The password is `case sensitve` and although strenuously denied, I`ll
bet he was entering it wrong!!
Many thanks for your time.
Anonymous
September 14, 2005 9:57:07 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

Ah, a PBUAK problem.

winz wrote:
<snip>
> Would you believe it!
> I`ve just had an email saying he`s in.
> The password is `case sensitve` and although strenuously denied, I`ll
> bet he was entering it wrong!!
> Many thanks for your time.
Anonymous
September 15, 2005 2:03:05 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

"PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:#dFp8cXuFHA.3224@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Ah, a PBUAK problem.

indeed :) )
Anonymous
September 15, 2005 6:44:27 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

You understand him?


--
Thanks or Good Luck,
There may be humor in this post, and,
Naturally, you will not sue,
should things get worse after this,
PCR
pcrrcp@netzero.net
"winz" <gertsimple@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:tFbWe.108981$G8.59807@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
|
| "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
| news:#dFp8cXuFHA.3224@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
| > Ah, a PBUAK problem.
|
| indeed :) )
|
|
Anonymous
September 15, 2005 11:14:02 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

It says: "PBUAK Poor Bear Under A Kamala".


--
Thanks or Good Luck,
There may be humor in this post, and,
Naturally, you will not sue,
should things get worse after this,
PCR
pcrrcp@netzero.net
"PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:upok52juFHA.3100@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
| http://home.earthlink.net/~mrob/pub/acroabbrev.html
|
| PCR wrote:
| > You understand him?
| >
| >>> Ah, a PBUAK problem.
| >>
| >> indeed :) )
Anonymous
September 15, 2005 11:22:35 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

No, it said: "PBUAK Pissing Bear Under A Kamala".


--
Thanks or Good Luck,
There may be humor in this post, and,
Naturally, you will not sue,
should things get worse after this,
PCR
pcrrcp@netzero.net
"PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
news:uXv6hskuFHA.3596@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
| It says: "PBUAK Poor Bear Under A Kamala".
|
|
| --
| Thanks or Good Luck,
| There may be humor in this post, and,
| Naturally, you will not sue,
| should things get worse after this,
| PCR
| pcrrcp@netzero.net
| "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
| news:upok52juFHA.3100@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
| | http://home.earthlink.net/~mrob/pub/acroabbrev.html
| |
| | PCR wrote:
| | > You understand him?
| | >
| | >>> Ah, a PBUAK problem.
| | >>
| | >> indeed :) )
|
|
Anonymous
September 16, 2005 12:28:07 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

CUL8ER

PCR wrote:
> No, it said: "PBUAK Pissing Bear Under A Kamala".
>
>
>> It says: "PBUAK Poor Bear Under A Kamala".
>>
>>
>> --
>> Thanks or Good Luck,
>> There may be humor in this post, and,
>> Naturally, you will not sue,
>> should things get worse after this,
>> PCR
>> pcrrcp@netzero.net
>> "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:upok52juFHA.3100@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>>> http://home.earthlink.net/~mrob/pub/acroabbrev.html
>>>
>>> PCR wrote:
>>>> You understand him?
>>>>
>>>>>> Ah, a PBUAK problem.
>>>>>
>>>>> indeed :) )
Anonymous
September 16, 2005 11:49:27 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

I think they meant "PEBCAK" -

Problem
Exists
Between
Chair
And
Keyboard

I mean ... "Problem Between User And Keyboard" doesn't leave much room. :-)

--
Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User] rgharper@gmail.com
* PLEASE post all messages and replies in the newsgroups
* for the benefit of all. Private mail is usually not replied to.
* My website, such as it is ... http://rgharper.mvps.org/
* HELP us help YOU ... http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm


"PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
news:uXv6hskuFHA.3596@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> It says: "PBUAK Poor Bear Under A Kamala".
>
>
> --
> Thanks or Good Luck,
> There may be humor in this post, and,
> Naturally, you will not sue,
> should things get worse after this,
> PCR
> pcrrcp@netzero.net
> "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:upok52juFHA.3100@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> | http://home.earthlink.net/~mrob/pub/acroabbrev.html
> |
> | PCR wrote:
> | > You understand him?
> | >
> | >>> Ah, a PBUAK problem.
> | >>
> | >> indeed :) )
>
>
Anonymous
September 16, 2005 2:42:36 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

Sooooo... you think EVERYONE has over-eaten?


--
Thanks or Good Luck,
There may be humor in this post, and,
Naturally, you will not sue,
should things get worse after this,
PCR
pcrrcp@netzero.net
"Richard G. Harper" <rgharper@email.com> wrote in message
news:eiZSxSruFHA.3256@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
| I think they meant "PEBCAK" -
|
| Problem
| Exists
| Between
| Chair
| And
| Keyboard
|
| I mean ... "Problem Between User And Keyboard" doesn't leave much
room. :-)
|
| --
| Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User] rgharper@gmail.com
| * PLEASE post all messages and replies in the newsgroups
| * for the benefit of all. Private mail is usually not replied to.
| * My website, such as it is ... http://rgharper.mvps.org/
| * HELP us help YOU ... http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
|
|
| "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
| news:uXv6hskuFHA.3596@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
| > It says: "PBUAK Poor Bear Under A Kamala".
| >
| >
| > --
| > Thanks or Good Luck,
| > There may be humor in this post, and,
| > Naturally, you will not sue,
| > should things get worse after this,
| > PCR
| > pcrrcp@netzero.net
| > "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
| > news:upok52juFHA.3100@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
| > | http://home.earthlink.net/~mrob/pub/acroabbrev.html
| > |
| > | PCR wrote:
| > | > You understand him?
| > | >
| > | >>> Ah, a PBUAK problem.
| > | >>
| > | >> indeed :) )
| >
| >
|
|
Anonymous
September 16, 2005 2:44:16 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

It was YOUR fault, not spelling it right & all!


--
Thanks or Good Luck,
There may be humor in this post, and,
Naturally, you will not sue,
should things get worse after this,
PCR
pcrrcp@netzero.net
"PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:o %23QBPWluFHA.3528@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
| CUL8ER
|
| PCR wrote:
| > No, it said: "PBUAK Pissing Bear Under A Kamala".
| >
| >
| >> It says: "PBUAK Poor Bear Under A Kamala".
| >>
| >>
| >> --
| >> Thanks or Good Luck,
| >> There may be humor in this post, and,
| >> Naturally, you will not sue,
| >> should things get worse after this,
| >> PCR
| >> pcrrcp@netzero.net
| >> "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
| >> news:upok52juFHA.3100@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
| >>> http://home.earthlink.net/~mrob/pub/acroabbrev.html
| >>>
| >>> PCR wrote:
| >>>> You understand him?
| >>>>
| >>>>>> Ah, a PBUAK problem.
| >>>>>
| >>>>> indeed :) )
Anonymous
September 16, 2005 11:33:30 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

Nope, just me. Grazed at Ponderosa tonight and blew a week's worth of diet.
;-)

--
Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User] rgharper@gmail.com
* PLEASE post all messages and replies in the newsgroups
* for the benefit of all. Private mail is usually not replied to.
* My website, such as it is ... http://rgharper.mvps.org/
* HELP us help YOU ... http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm


"PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
news:o u8TZzsuFHA.2396@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Sooooo... you think EVERYONE has over-eaten?
Anonymous
September 16, 2005 11:51:19 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?)

Too bad. I've been up & down TWICE now: first, 80 lbs., then... 100!


--
Thanks or Good Luck,
There may be humor in this post, and,
Naturally, you will not sue,
should things get worse after this,
PCR
pcrrcp@netzero.net
"Richard G. Harper" <rgharper@email.com> wrote in message
news:o gOzLcxuFHA.3756@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
| Nope, just me. Grazed at Ponderosa tonight and blew a week's worth of
diet.
| ;-)
|
| --
| Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User] rgharper@gmail.com
| * PLEASE post all messages and replies in the newsgroups
| * for the benefit of all. Private mail is usually not replied to.
| * My website, such as it is ... http://rgharper.mvps.org/
| * HELP us help YOU ... http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
|
|
| "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in message
| news:o u8TZzsuFHA.2396@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
| > Sooooo... you think EVERYONE has over-eaten?
|
|
!