Yet again - is there a WiFi(802.11)VoIPGSM service in the ..

Last response: in Networking
November 9, 2004 7:35:42 PM

I may have asked this question in the past, but these things change fast
:)  I am very close to deploying a VoIP solution in a location where many
users are Sales people, utilizing almost exclusively their (very
expensive) cell phone services, even inside the building, and I was looking
into the possibility of having them "hop" onto a WiFi VoIP infrastructure
when "in". The only solution I found, coming close to this, is from Europe
(who is light years ahead of US in this regard), with a GSM-gateway, but I
am not really sure how much that would save us here in the States. Of course
the best solution would be a phone capable of doing that, but I am not
aware of any production-ready solutions ...

.... anybody?!?

Thx,
Papi
Anonymous
November 11, 2004 1:08:09 PM

Nokia make a corporate GSM gateway AFAIK - it may cost something like
$5-10,000 but I believe it does exist.
!