Reinstalling IE8 on 64-bit Win7

Scoobisue

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
Hello, I am having a heck of a frustrating time with reinstalling IE8 on my laptop, 64-bit WIN7. I installed IE9 and had nothing but problems running certain games and programs so I want to go back to IE8 but when I try to install I get an error message that tells me this program is not supported on my system...? It worked just fine before I installed IE9!! Please help?

Solution
Also, you should have an option to uninstall IE 9... which should automatically revert you back to IE 8... no reinstall necessary. You cannot download an IE 8 installer for Win 7 since IE 8 is what it comes with.

As for games, unless they are browser-based games, you shouldn't have any issues with IE 9 and games. I haven't come across a thing yet that IE 9 has had issues with personally. If you have ActiveX filtering enabled, you have to remember to disable it for pages that run plugins like Java or Flash.
Also, you should have an option to uninstall IE 9... which should automatically revert you back to IE 8... no reinstall necessary. You cannot download an IE 8 installer for Win 7 since IE 8 is what it comes with.

As for games, unless they are browser-based games, you shouldn't have any issues with IE 9 and games. I haven't come across a thing yet that IE 9 has had issues with personally. If you have ActiveX filtering enabled, you have to remember to disable it for pages that run plugins like Java or Flash.

Solution

Scoobisue

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011

I did try to uninstall IE9 under the advice of a friend, and she said the same thing, that it should revert back to IE8 but it never did... I cannot view certain e-bills since I installed IE9, and some parts of certain games on facebook will not load, I get an empty screen, or have to move my cursor around the screen in order for certain things to work. I will check my ActiveX filter, thanks for the tip!