Be afraid! Be very afraid!

Yuck! What hath God wrought?!

<QP>
AIM [v5.9] Is Now Your Window to the Web

With the new AIM, your favorite Web sites and features are always just a
click away in the new *AOL Explorer* [emphasis added] window, thanks to
convenient, built-in browsing features like:

Spyware Quick Scan: Checks your computer for a selected number of spyware
and adware programs that may interfere with your online
experience....Relax - your computer is scanned every few minutes for the
worst performance-sapping and identity-stealing spyware programs.
</QP>
http://www.aim.com/get_aim/win/latest_win.adp?aolp

We're already beginning to see default browser being hijacked to "AOL
Explorer" (e.g., clicking on links in email message).
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

It gets worse!

<QP>
The New York Post [always a reputable source for business and tech news
<wink>], which first reported the possible deal, describes the discussions
between Microsoft and Time Warner as "advanced" and involving plans to
combine AOL and Microsoft's MSN Internet unit.

Meanwhile, the Wall Street Journal calls the talks "preliminary," and says
they are part of a broader discussion about areas in which the companies can
collaborate. Areas of collaboration being considered include AOL switching
from Google's search engine to MSN's and possibly combining the two groups'
advertising sales teams, according to the Journal.

Both the Post and the Journal are basing their reports on unnamed sources.

Time Warner didn't immediately return a call seeking comment. A spokesperson
for Microsoft declined to comment.
</QP>

I need a drink!
--
~PAÞ

> Yuck! What hath God wrought?!

i'd check out who god is first, tis always best to get facts.
(gotta feeling he aint interested in puters, just the users)

...Rex..