Windows 98SE / USB 2.0 / SiS7002 EHCI

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
September 17, 2005 1:10:27 PM

Can anyone point me to a Win98SE driver for the SiS7002 EHCI USB 2.0
controller in a SiS963/963L Southbridge? Does one even exist? All that
came with my ECS L7S7A2 motherboard (SiS746 chipset) was a utility
named NOUSB20.EXE which was placed in my autoexec.bat file. All this
does is to eliminate the corresponding "Other Device" in DM. I hope
I'm wrong, but I presume this means that SiS has not bothered with
Win9x support for this product. At least their website doesn't appear
to have anything at the moment. I tried downloading the "driver" for
an Asrock K7S8X board with the same chipset, but it turned out to be
the same utility. :-(

-- Franc Zabkar

September 17, 2005 1:10:28 PM

If the motherboard manufacturer has no driver that means none exists.

"Franc Zabkar" <fzabkar@iinternode.on.net> wrote in message
> Can anyone point me to a Win98SE driver for the SiS7002 EHCI USB 2.0
> controller in a SiS963/963L Southbridge? Does one even exist? All that
> came with my ECS L7S7A2 motherboard (SiS746 chipset) was a utility
> named NOUSB20.EXE which was placed in my autoexec.bat file. All this
> does is to eliminate the corresponding "Other Device" in DM. I hope
> I'm wrong, but I presume this means that SiS has not bothered with
> Win9x support for this product. At least their website doesn't appear
> to have anything at the moment. I tried downloading the "driver" for
> an Asrock K7S8X board with the same chipset, but it turned out to be
> the same utility. :-(
>
> -- Franc Zabkar
>
> Please remove one 'i' from my address when replying by email.
Anonymous
September 17, 2005 1:10:28 PM

Hello,

"Franc Zabkar" <fzabkar@iinternode.on.net> wrote in message
> Can anyone point me to a Win98SE driver for the SiS7002 EHCI USB 2.0
> controller in a SiS963/963L Southbridge? Does one even exist? All that
> came with my ECS L7S7A2 motherboard (SiS746 chipset) was a utility
> named NOUSB20.EXE which was placed in my autoexec.bat file. All this
> does is to eliminate the corresponding "Other Device" in DM. I hope
> I'm wrong, but I presume this means that SiS has not bothered with
> Win9x support for this product. At least their website doesn't appear
> to have anything at the moment. I tried downloading the "driver" for
> an Asrock K7S8X board with the same chipset, but it turned out to be
> the same utility. :-(
>
> -- Franc Zabkar

You can use Orangeware driver which can be downloaded here:
http://www.doubleh.com.tw/dh-page/download.htm

The driver is named "ALi/NEC USB 2.0 chipset" (Version 2.3):
http://www.doubleh.com.tw/download/Driver%20upgrade/Ali...

Quote:

Version 2.3 includes support and fixes for the following:
* Fixed Intel hyperthreading issue with control transfers stopping
* Improved transfer aborts

Version 2.2.2 includes support and fixes for the following:
* Handle invalid endpoints
* Support IOCTL_INTERNAL_USB_GET_BUS_INFO

Version 2.2.1 includes support and fixes for the following:
* Fix D2 power state
* Fix Composite suspend problem

Version 2.2 includes support and fixes for the following:
* Improved installer

Version 2.1.11.x includes support and fixes for the following:
* Fixed resume issues under Windows ME with low speed devices

Lep pozdrav, Roman
Anonymous
September 18, 2005 10:42:54 PM

On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 01:59:01 +0200, "roman modic"
<modicr@astral-it.com> put finger to keyboard and composed:

>Hello,
>
>"Franc Zabkar" <fzabkar@iinternode.on.net> wrote in message
>> Can anyone point me to a Win98SE driver for the SiS7002 EHCI USB 2.0
>> controller in a SiS963/963L Southbridge? Does one even exist? All that
>> came with my ECS L7S7A2 motherboard (SiS746 chipset) was a utility
>> named NOUSB20.EXE which was placed in my autoexec.bat file. All this
>> does is to eliminate the corresponding "Other Device" in DM. I hope
>> I'm wrong, but I presume this means that SiS has not bothered with
>> Win9x support for this product. At least their website doesn't appear
>> to have anything at the moment. I tried downloading the "driver" for
>> an Asrock K7S8X board with the same chipset, but it turned out to be
>> the same utility. :-(
>>
>> -- Franc Zabkar
>
>You can use Orangeware driver which can be downloaded here:
>http://www.doubleh.com.tw/dh-page/download.htm
>
>The driver is named "ALi/NEC USB 2.0 chipset" (Version 2.3):
>http://www.doubleh.com.tw/download/Driver%20upgrade/Ali...

Quote:

>Version 2.3 includes support and fixes for the following:
>* Fixed Intel hyperthreading issue with control transfers stopping
>* Improved transfer aborts
>
>Version 2.2.2 includes support and fixes for the following:
>* Handle invalid endpoints
>* Support IOCTL_INTERNAL_USB_GET_BUS_INFO
>
>Version 2.2.1 includes support and fixes for the following:
>* Fix D2 power state
>* Fix Composite suspend problem
>
>Version 2.2 includes support and fixes for the following:
>* Improved installer
>
>Version 2.1.11.x includes support and fixes for the following:
>* Fixed resume issues under Windows ME with low speed devices
>

>Lep pozdrav, Roman

Thanks, but that's an NEC chipset. Is the SiS7002 controller
compatible with this?

-- Franc Zabkar