Windows 98SE / USB 2.0 / SiS7002 EHCI

Can anyone point me to a Win98SE driver for the SiS7002 EHCI USB 2.0
controller in a SiS963/963L Southbridge? Does one even exist? All that
came with my ECS L7S7A2 motherboard (SiS746 chipset) was a utility
named NOUSB20.EXE which was placed in my autoexec.bat file. All this
does is to eliminate the corresponding "Other Device" in DM. I hope
I'm wrong, but I presume this means that SiS has not bothered with
Win9x support for this product. At least their website doesn't appear
to have anything at the moment. I tried downloading the "driver" for
an Asrock K7S8X board with the same chipset, but it turned out to be
the same utility. :-(

-- Franc Zabkar

More about windows 98se sis7002 ehci

    If the motherboard manufacturer has no driver that means none exists.

    "Franc Zabkar" <fzabkar@iinternode.on.net> wrote in message
    > Can anyone point me to a Win98SE driver for the SiS7002 EHCI USB 2.0
    > controller in a SiS963/963L Southbridge? Does one even exist? All that
    > came with my ECS L7S7A2 motherboard (SiS746 chipset) was a utility
    > named NOUSB20.EXE which was placed in my autoexec.bat file. All this
    > does is to eliminate the corresponding "Other Device" in DM. I hope
    > I'm wrong, but I presume this means that SiS has not bothered with
    > Win9x support for this product. At least their website doesn't appear
    > to have anything at the moment. I tried downloading the "driver" for
    > an Asrock K7S8X board with the same chipset, but it turned out to be
    > the same utility. :-(
    >
    > -- Franc Zabkar
    >
    > Please remove one 'i' from my address when replying by email.

    Hello,

    "Franc Zabkar" <fzabkar@iinternode.on.net> wrote in message
    > Can anyone point me to a Win98SE driver for the SiS7002 EHCI USB 2.0
    > controller in a SiS963/963L Southbridge? Does one even exist? All that
    > came with my ECS L7S7A2 motherboard (SiS746 chipset) was a utility
    > named NOUSB20.EXE which was placed in my autoexec.bat file. All this
    > does is to eliminate the corresponding "Other Device" in DM. I hope
    > I'm wrong, but I presume this means that SiS has not bothered with
    > Win9x support for this product. At least their website doesn't appear
    > to have anything at the moment. I tried downloading the "driver" for
    > an Asrock K7S8X board with the same chipset, but it turned out to be
    > the same utility. :-(
    >
    > -- Franc Zabkar

    You can use Orangeware driver which can be downloaded here:
    http://www.doubleh.com.tw/dh-page/download.htm

    The driver is named "ALi/NEC USB 2.0 chipset" (Version 2.3):
    http://www.doubleh.com.tw/download/Driver%20upgrade/AliNEC23-931119/U2v2_3.exe

    Quote:

    Version 2.3 includes support and fixes for the following:
    * Fixed Intel hyperthreading issue with control transfers stopping
    * Improved transfer aborts

    Version 2.2.2 includes support and fixes for the following:
    * Handle invalid endpoints
    * Support IOCTL_INTERNAL_USB_GET_BUS_INFO

    Version 2.2.1 includes support and fixes for the following:
    * Fix D2 power state
    * Fix Composite suspend problem

    Version 2.2 includes support and fixes for the following:
    * Improved installer

    Version 2.1.11.x includes support and fixes for the following:
    * Fixed resume issues under Windows ME with low speed devices

    Lep pozdrav, Roman

    On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 01:59:01 +0200, "roman modic"
    <modicr@astral-it.com> put finger to keyboard and composed:

    >Hello,
    >
    >"Franc Zabkar" <fzabkar@iinternode.on.net> wrote in message
    >> Can anyone point me to a Win98SE driver for the SiS7002 EHCI USB 2.0
    >> controller in a SiS963/963L Southbridge? Does one even exist? All that
    >> came with my ECS L7S7A2 motherboard (SiS746 chipset) was a utility
    >> named NOUSB20.EXE which was placed in my autoexec.bat file. All this
    >> does is to eliminate the corresponding "Other Device" in DM. I hope
    >> I'm wrong, but I presume this means that SiS has not bothered with
    >> Win9x support for this product. At least their website doesn't appear
    >> to have anything at the moment. I tried downloading the "driver" for
    >> an Asrock K7S8X board with the same chipset, but it turned out to be
    >> the same utility. :-(
    >>
    >> -- Franc Zabkar
    >
    >You can use Orangeware driver which can be downloaded here:
    >http://www.doubleh.com.tw/dh-page/download.htm
    >
    >The driver is named "ALi/NEC USB 2.0 chipset" (Version 2.3):
    >http://www.doubleh.com.tw/download/Driver%20upgrade/AliNEC23-931119/U2v2_3.exe

    Quote:

    >Version 2.3 includes support and fixes for the following:
    >* Fixed Intel hyperthreading issue with control transfers stopping
    >* Improved transfer aborts
    >
    >Version 2.2.2 includes support and fixes for the following:
    >* Handle invalid endpoints
    >* Support IOCTL_INTERNAL_USB_GET_BUS_INFO
    >
    >Version 2.2.1 includes support and fixes for the following:
    >* Fix D2 power state
    >* Fix Composite suspend problem
    >
    >Version 2.2 includes support and fixes for the following:
    >* Improved installer
    >
    >Version 2.1.11.x includes support and fixes for the following:
    >* Fixed resume issues under Windows ME with low speed devices
    >

    >Lep pozdrav, Roman

    Thanks, but that's an NEC chipset. Is the SiS7002 controller
    compatible with this?

    -- Franc Zabkar

USB Windows 98SE Windows